SamC

Why do I feel existantially mature but materially inmature?

14 posts in this topic

One thing I've noticed is that I always have had a sense of deep existstional grounding. I know that everything will be fine and I am more afraid of fucking up this dream then for it to end. I know everything will be fine if I die. My attitude right now is that I want to take care of a few things in this life and then completely dissolve when I die.

I feel and know I am very advanced when it comes to consciousness related stuff but when it comes to material stuff like trusting that I can take care of myself and doing normal stuff I feel restricted and disconnected. The best way I can describe the feeling is that I am here and the world is over there! I feel like I can't partake in the world like " others " can.

Its almost like the infinite groundless world scares me because there is nothing to hold on to. There are no right or wrong ways and therefor I don't know what to do.

Why do I feel existantially mature and materially inmature? Why do I feel existantially grounded but not materially grounded?  My guess is that it's tied to me not being connected and disidentified with my emotions and the femenine but very identified and connected to my awareness which could be refered to as my masculine.

@Leo Gura

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

I deeply relate to your description of your experience although I cannot tell for sure if the actual experience your words are pointing to is similar to mine. But honestly you don’t need to ground yourself in reality like others do in order to work and be effective in it. I’m more “detached” than most from the “real world” but at the same time more effective in it - in the conventional sense as in I can keep several jobs, good grades, social skills etc. I barely feel real most of the time, but it’s not a hindrance to my functioning. I connect with the world my way - not their way (how it seems they do). Ground myself my way not their way. If you feel grounded in that existential way why not build from there instead of trying to reach whatever others seem to have access to

Edited by Sugarcoat

Go do stuff.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Simply because your development is lopsided. You need more experience in those areas where you're lacking.

Go start a business.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Go do stuff.

Yeah, and let life kick your ass until you realize that you don’t have to run away from it all the time.

Easier said than done!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Yeah, and let life kick your ass until you realize that you don’t have to run away from it all the time.

Easier said than done!

I thought you were gonna say "until you realize you don't have an ass" lol

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Rigel

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

that's what the book Siddhartha was about. A man who is born a Brahmin in India, becomes enlightened at 20, and then has to spend the next 40 years figuring out the other stuff. Some people just do things in a different order, no big deal.

The beauty of life is you can't cut any corners. You gotta do it all if you want happiness.

I'm 23, for the first 20 years of my life I prioritized existential stuff at the cost of everything else. by the time I was 21 I was the sterotypical stoner with not much going for me, turns out I was still suffering. Found a life purpose in music and then programming, got more or less sober, and now everything is starting to come together and it's amazing.

The myth of spirituality is that you can just magic-eraser all your problems away by waking up. actually it's the other way around: to achieve the deepest levels of awakening you first gotta deal with your problems, find a life purpose, learn how to be social, etc.

Leo has a great video called burning through karma. and Teal Swan's video on spiritual bypassing, also good.

Edited by Oppositionless

Yeah for most people, they will take care of their material needs before they look into spirituality.

It was said that if your spiritual side is strong, you can almost handle anything that comes to you with ease. 

Except for money matters. For materials needs, you need to be both logical and spiritual to manage them well.

Well, the good thing is most people can still find food. Even a beggar can find food in a religious organization or shelter so you won't go hungry permanently unless you live as a hermit.

Like others have stated above, Buddha was a prince, not a priest.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 6/26/2023 at 7:46 PM, SamC said:

Its almost like the infinite groundless world scares me because there is nothing to hold on to. There are no right or wrong ways and therefor I don't know what to do.

Stop looking outside of yourself. Anchor your awareness within, and experience the phenomenal world without misidentifying as it.

People crow about being awake, but this is the litmus test. If you are still afraid, you haven't realized who you are. You have to surrender to the unconditionality of yourself to be free.

Check out "The wisdom of insecurity" by Alan Watts.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 hours ago, hyruga said:

Yeah for most people, they will take care of their material needs before they look into spirituality.

I went into spirituality when I realized that I was failing at everything material. 

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

Check out "The wisdom of insecurity" by Alan Watts.

Wow, You really kept your word when you said you try to avoid capitalization. I respect your hella consistency! 

Nevermind, I fooled myself xD

Edited by Yimpa
GOD with a capital G-O-D