StarStruck

Solipsism and no self

122 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Okay... great. So give me a description of your direct experience in the here and now, without any unnecessary fluff and embellishment.

I am , the reality is open and without limitations. Flow. 

So, couldn't not write anything else, I don't need to, but in another hand my mind can enters easily another frequency and wants to structure, define, understand. this imo is useful because it restructures the mind. the mind is a barrier, it constricts. the work is to create a mental structure that constrains as little as possible. there are no shortcuts to this, you have to understand how it works. the software we have in hand is not simple. simplifying it doesn't work. this is my deduction. wrong? maybe but I don't think so

17 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the mind is a barrier, it constricts. the work is to create a mental structure that constrains as little as possible.

Fair enough. But like I said, the first step is to declutter the mind from all unnecessary conceptual garbage. You can't renovate a room that is littered with junk.

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

the first step is to declutter the mind from all unnecessary conceptual garbage.

The reality is non conceptual, but the mind is conceptual and we have a mind, then, we must equalize the mind as much as possible with reality, we cannot get totally rid of the mind. but I agree with you that there is a tendency towards an excess of concepts, it is difficult to be at the right point. as soon as you exceed, the mariachis appear

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

as soon as you exceed, the mariachis appear

:D

Yeah, those pesky Mariachis... they can be a real pain in the butt sometimes. But there is always the possibility to just lay back and let 'em do their thing without paying too much attention to them.

8 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

:)

Maybe a mariachi or two were deeply impressed by

Unbenannt.png

Selling Water by the River

Ah well. Your accolades are flattering, but honestly my little essay there was just a poor copy of much more grandiose outpourings that I've read in the past... "I am standing on the shoulders of giants", as Isaac Newton put it. ^_^

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The thing is, I can't help but follow in the footsteps of the beloved and revered leader. not that I'm impressed by him or his number one fan, but i ve to admit that he opened a path. I don't even watch the videos, spirituality in general is extremely boring to me, but....5 meo dmt. the great riddle. I have to open it! I can not stop. that my brain ends up like a raisin? Well, don't seems so for now. I'm going to do it until I open everything totally. did you ask me about my mind status? Today I have spent a morning of great calm and delight, I have returned home at 2:00 p.m. psyched up for the opening and I have prepared 15 mg. my acceptance is total. It has been breakthrough but not full opening. that is to say, it has been the total void. This 6 months ago terrified me, today with complete calm. the sunlit specks of dust were the utter beauty of existence. suddenly, an opening. almost, just an instant. I know what it is, I've achieved it (because you have to achieve) 3 times. infinity, life, everything, unimaginable, god. Hallelujah. but the door immediately closes. it is a process of acceptance, of letting go, of not resisting. I have been tempted to put more in the pipe, or get up, to escape from it. I have not done it. I'll have something light, a walk through the center of the city and then I think I'll do it again. and tomorrow again and probably on Sunday. after a week off. I don't want to see something, I've already seen it. I want to educate my being to open up completely, and for me this is the way to do for now.

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

you can function from a silent and open state, understand things and then reason them out and put them into words. For example, when Buddha says that there is a reincarnation cycle, is he doing mind masturbation?

According to Leo’s solipsism reincarnation and such doesn’t exist. It is a dream within a dream. 

3 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

You are like a guy who's stuck in a labyrinth and is looking for a way out... and so he says to himself "well, let me first draw a complete map of the labyrinth and get an overview of the entire place" (never mind that the labyrinth is literally infinite, which means that you will never ever ever ever have an even remotely complete map even if you spend the next one hundred billion lifetimes studying the damn place); and so he goes deeper and deeper into the labyrinth, examining every single nook and cranny (and even adding to the labyrinth by imagining into existence a whole bunch of nooks and crannies where there were none to begin with) instead of just looking for the exit and walking out.

Again, do you want study (and further enlarge) the labyrinth or do you want to leave it?

Amazeing.

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I'm using you guys, with your permission

I don’t consent.

In fact, I finally placed a “No Soliciting” sticker on my front door yesterday because I got fed up with people wanting God advice from me >:(

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

57 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

According to Leo’s solipsism reincarnation and such doesn’t exist. It is a dream within a dream. 

Maybe someone who understands those religions can advise, but I do believe reincarnation and the "cycle of death and rebirth" has nothing at all to do with a soul being with you at birth and leaving at death and entering another thing like an animal.

I believe they are probably referring to change moment to moment. So any thought changing in your head is death and rebirth. And karma rather than being about doing good or bad is their word for cause and effect.

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

I don't know if it exists or not, i meant that the mystics of any time elaborated concepts according to their perceptions. It is one thing to open up to the absolute, and another to try to understand what this trip is, the existence in which we are. I don't remotely understand it but I think it's legitimate to do so, and probably possible.

Just now, Bazooka Jesus said:

If you think that it's possible to understand infinity, then I got bad news for you... it is INFINITE.

Lol

It's not the same to know or to understand. You cannot know infinity, but we will see to what extent it can be understood. You have said before that differences between first order reality, THIS, as you have said, and second order reality, thoughts that arise in this, which are real insofar as they exist but not in their content. that is an understanding. Do you think that is the final understanding of reality?

31 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You have said before that differences between first order reality, THIS, as you have said, and second order reality, thoughts that arise in this, which are real insofar as they exist but not in their content. that is an understanding. Do you think that is the final understanding of reality?

I have said that there is no such thing as a first and second order of reality. You either perceive something or you don't, so it either exists or it doesn't, period.

If you on the other hand try to intellectually understand what you are perceiving (or perception itself), then you are spinning a mental story about it - which can be fun and even useful for navigating relative existence, but it doesn't get you any closer to pure & unbiased recognition of what is. If anything, it will distort your direct perception.

You will never understand reality as a whole... not because it is complicated (it isn't), but because it is infinite. Trying to understand reality is like trying to drink the ocean through a plastic straw. Well actually it's even worse... I mean,  the ocean only has a limited amount of water, while infinity is, well, infinite. You'll NEVER reach the end of it.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Everything is possible because of Infinity.  So a complete understanding of reality is possible in a non-dual state of Consciousness.   AKA omniscience.   It is something I've accessed as the God Mind but only while in that state of God Consciousness.   Becoming God is becoming Infinity itself - so you ARE Infinity.  Understanding and Being are One.  Or you can say it as first order is the totality of both 2nd and 1st order.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

24 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Everything is possible because of Infinity.  So a complete understanding of reality is possible in a non-dual state of Consciousness.   AKA omniscience.   It is something I've accessed as the God Mind but only while in that state of God Consciousness.   Becoming God is becoming Infinity itself - so you ARE Infinity.  Understanding and Being are One.  Or you can say it as first order is the totality of both 2nd and 1st order.

What you are talking about is an understanding which passes all understanding => direct consciousness, which lies beyond all concepts.

49 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

What you are talking about is an understanding which passes all understanding => direct consciousness, which lies beyond all concepts.

Yup.  By the way - I am glad there is another enlightened one among us now.  That makes the two of us ?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

you can function from a silent and open state, understand things and then reason them out and put them into words.

I discussed the necessity and risks of using words as pointers earlier. My point is that deepening your spirituality is about dissolving your mind habits. Clinging to your desires and fears only causes suffering.

The more distracted you are by thoughts and feelings, the easier it is to become mesmerized by your imagination. If you want to remain unconditionally open to the reality of awareness, you have to develop the spiritual maturity to disregard thoughts and feelings as being unreal.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I always thought that reality was god having multiple dreams but you guys say that is not true. There is only one dream and it is happening right now? How is that even possible? It is more plausible that god is having one individual dream at a time, dies and respawns again to have another dream. That wouldn’t contradict solipsism right?