FlyingLotus

The Ketamine and Dissociatives Mega-Thread

27 posts in this topic

Ketamine is becoming very popular, so here’s a go-to thread to discuss it and other dissociatives (PCP, DCK, 2-FDCK, DXM, etc).

Ketamine is widely used to treat depression, but that doesn’t mean all dissociatives are good for healing and consciousness raising.  Keep in mind that all of them can lead to addiction.  The purpose behind using these substances is consciousness raising not just tripping recreationally. 

Questions, tips, techniques, trip reports are all welcome.

For More Info on Ketamine

-The Third Wave

-Wikipedia

-Psychonautwiki

-Erowid

-Ketamine shuts off the default mode network or your conceptual mind.  It produces a state of No-Mind.

-It’s a dissociative, so at high doses your body gets numb and it can feel like you’re having an out of body experience.  The fear centers of your brain get shut down, but the experience can still be alien and weird.  

-Your vision gets blurry and you won’t be able to move around much.  If you’re tripping, the best thing to do is lie down, listen to music and just enjoy the ride. 

-Personally, I’ve had K holes that felt spooky.  Whenever that happens I just reassure myself that “my body is safe.  My body is safe.  My body is safe in bed.”  Of course, you have to make sure that you are safe at home tripping in bed and not at some raging party.

-Ketamine can lead to bladder issues unlike other psychedelics.

-Onset is around 10mins, peak lasts from 30-90mins, and the tail end can last from 1-2 hrs. 

-A starter dose is 30mg snorted, or 50mg plugged.  Plugging is perfect for Ketamine, but you’ll need a higher dosage.  

ROA and Bioavailability:  

Intravenous is 100%

Snorting is 45-50%

Plugging 25-30%

Oral 16-20%

-Leo’s Video on Plugging.  He shows you how to stick fun things up your ass :P

-Summary of his video is here, but you should watch the video at least once.

Edited by FlyingLotus

A really good, thorough interview about Ketamine with Dr. John Krystal one of the leading researchers about the antidepressive effects of Ketamine.  The first 47 mins of the interview is about depression in general, but the last 3 hrs are about Ketamine.  

Thanks for sharing.

Depression isn't so simple though and I am starting to think almost nobody understands it.

You're actually more likely to be depressed with a very high state of consciousness in this world. It has more to do with the contrast with lower states around you that is also part of your mind, creates too much differential/schism to be around. As well as the inherent "separation" of the mind induced by being in a body. And then almost nobody seem to understand it's because of lack of Love, not this technical mumbo jumbo.

I think people with no extensive experience with depression basically can't understand it well enough and usually try to simplify it.

That's not to say tools like this can't help you cope.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

13 hours ago, FlyingLotus said:

Personally, I’ve had K holes that felt spooky. 

Could you describe how holing felt like?

I have some questions. :)

How much nausea from snorting? Maybe lay on left side so stomach is lower than mouth and so vomit might drain out.

Can you choke on your own vomit or roll face first into a pillow and suffocate? Maybe fast for 6 hours to avoid vomit? Maybe stop drinking water for 6 hours similar to a pre-operative surgery?

Shave nose hairs and squeeze nostril and tilt head back to absorb and keep snorting into sinus?

Snort into each nostril or just one? Does it burn? Does it drain into throat?

If it is a powder and you want to inject into muscle, would you use water or saline? How much saline? 1 mL? What gauge needle? Which muscle? How deep? Does it burn?

To avoid bladder issues and sinus issues how long should you wait between uses of ketamine?

Edited by Soul Flight

dxm is a underrated psychedelic. more visual than ketamine. 

Edited by Oppositionless

On 6/18/2023 at 9:19 PM, FlyingLotus said:

Ketamine can lead to bladder issues unlike other psychedelics.

I thought I was having bladder issues prior to taking ketamine for the first time, yet paradoxically the issues went away after I did ketamine. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Is this the Ketamine mega thread? Was hoping for many pages. I had a very profound experience with K in recent times that has got me back into meditation daily. Total ego dissolution. 

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence
Added a few sentences.

Reminds me of when they said MDMA burns pin holes in your brain. I do agree with you that any mind altering chemical taken… There are definitely dangers involved, but I also believe that a handful of K experiences is probably fine if not very good for you, if you use utmost caution. Such as whatever you do, don’t take it daily and use common sense, such as not trying to connect with the infinite while swimming, or a hot tub, etc. I do my research and Perry isn’t the first to have bad outcomes in the water. 

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

26 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Ketamine is a dangerous product that will shrunk your brain : https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnana.2013.00023/full

Take ketamine properly and I can assure you you won’t be addicted to it. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Girlfriend took high dose of keta (30 mg snorted, 60 mg plugged) to find out why she is depressed.

Trip didn't care about her questions.she went deeper than any 5 Meo breakthrough trip. Beyond the cosmos.

Everything is in balance. That's all she can say. Everything else is unspeakable.

Next day: depressed again.

Edited by OBEler

@OBEler yep. Understanding what is balance was actually one of my intentions before a ketamine trip. It took a very long time to fine-tune and integrate.

Balance doesn’t come easy and effortlessly.. for a while.

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Take ketamine properly and I can assure you you won’t be addicted to it. 

I wouldn't touch with a stick a product capable of inducing holes in the brain.

It's not about addiction, even heroin can be managed. That doesn't mean I want to do heroin, because I don't want to spill my guts.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

I wouldn't touch with a stick a product capable of inducing holes in the brain.

Been there, done that. Ketamine made me paranoid I had brain cancer for months. I had to face hell so I can overcome it. Did you really think the spiritual path was all rainbows and sunshine? Think again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newjersey/s/HwCd2cGYUQ

What it feels like to overcome nonsense / nothing: