Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Someone here

If God is Good..why does he allow evil ?(answered )

18 posts in this topic

First of all.. We have to be honest about the world we live in. It’s full of good.. but it’s also full of evil. All spiritual traditions and religions claim that God is good..yet the world is full of all kinds of evil. We don’t have to look too far for examples.. just flip on the news..Rape.. torture..crippling.. viruses.. car accidents.. terrorist attacks.. starvation..abuse.. slaughter.and the list goes on and on . 

let’s just be honest: All of these things are evil. They’re not just someone paying back karma from a past life.. they’re not just random events happening to random people.. they’re not some cosmic balancing act of yin and yang. They’re evil shit .

So..how could God which is supposed to be unconditionally loving allow for evil ?

Here's my best try :

Evil can only exist if good exists . Otherwise we wouldn't know what is good or what is evil .

And Good can only exist if God exists.

He is the embodiment of pure goodness.. so in order for evil to exist God has to exist. Are you following this ?

If God does not exist there is no personal cause behind the universe. As a result the universe is either illusory or completely mechanical. Machines are neither good nor evil..and illusions are just that.. illusions..so labelling them good or bad is also illusory.

That’s the simple explanation.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Good can only exist if evil exists is total bs. As a baby you're not aware of evil and you're having the time of your life. The true answer is that god loves evil as much as it loves good. That means god is not good at all. God will manifest hell with a smile on his face as the characters face endless torture.

Edited by Holykael

I suspect God is not 'good' in the human terms of what 'good' means.

Your understand of 'goodness' its limited and biased to your survival. 

Having said that, if your question is why isn't all roses and pink flowers, my bet is... withouth drama there wouldn't be any juice to awaken. So even if it feels twisted at first, ultimately it seems God is imagining limitation and suffering as part of the screenplay. 

Being a Guru is frustrating because what can be done in a moment, people make it a lifetime.’

9 minutes ago, Holykael said:

Good can only exist if evil exists is total bs. As a baby you're not aware of evil and you're having the time of your life. The true answer is that god loves evil as much as it loves good. That means god is not good at all. God will manifest hell with a smile on his face as the characters face endless torture.

. He created both good and bad so that he can see them fight each other.and good will always win at the end . And its all for a purpose and for the greater good brother.  Please consider visiting a psychiatrist. 

11 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I suspect God is not 'good' in the human terms of what 'good' means.

Your understand of 'goodness' its limited and biased to your survival. 

Having said that, if your question is why isn't all roses and pink flowers, my bet is... withouth drama there wouldn't be any juice to awaken. So even if it feels twisted at first, ultimately it seems God is imagining limitation and suffering as part of the screenplay. 

Its not for vanity .there is a great goodness awaiting you . Just hurry up and die before you die and see for yourself the goodness that is surrounding you all the time .

-Osho

@Holykael 

21 minutes ago, Holykael said:

Good can only exist if evil exists is total bs.

bs. good and evil are a on the same coin by definition.

21 minutes ago, Holykael said:

As a baby you're not aware of evil and you're having the time of your life.

When you are a baby you are not even aware that such duality exist. You can only think it was "good time" in retrospect

24 minutes ago, Holykael said:

The true answer is that god loves evil as much as it loves good. That means god is not good at all. God will manifest hell with a smile on his face as the characters face endless torture.

This is true, but doesn't negate the fact that you will be served both, otherwhise you won't know the distinction.

there is no evil, there is suffering and it is the engine of evolution. you do not like? normal, its function is that you do not like it, so that you avoid it and pursue what you like. It is like that from a protozoan to a human. the design of life is that. It is not good or bad, it is efficient

38 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

there is no evil, there is suffering and it is the engine of evolution. you do not like? normal, its function is that you do not like it, so that you avoid it and pursue what you like. It is like that from a protozoan to a human. the design of life is that. It is not good or bad, it is efficient

Suffering is a form of evil .

God could easily effortlessly effectively efficiently allow for evolution without struggling..yet he didn't.  How to explain that ?

(I know the answer ..I'm just testing you );)

-Osho

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Suffering is a form of evil .

God could easily effortlessly effectively efficiently allow for evolution without struggling..yet he didn't.  How to explain that ?

(I know the answer ..I'm just testing you );)

For you suffering is evil just because you don't like. suffering is existence, the same as pleasure. Whether you like it or not doesn't make it good or bad. It is like saying that cold is good and heat is bad, or binary solar systems are bad and simple ones are good.

reality is reality, what exists, is. if you stay in the superficiality of preference, you divide everything between good or bad. At an absolute level, it is not better to be rich and have the girlfriend of your dreams than to be a schizophrenic chained in a baroque-era madhouse. what is, is, and its depth is unfathomable. Due to the fact of being, it is infinite love, and its external manifestation is indifferent, since everything is, nothing can not be, be excluded, since reality is infinite and nothing is left out, it's impossible. If it were possible, reality would be finite, and it can't be. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

. He created both good and bad so that he can see them fight each other.and good will always win at the end . And its all for a purpose and for the greater good brother.  Please consider visiting a psychiatrist. 

Its not for vanity .there is a great goodness awaiting you . Just hurry up and die before you die and see for yourself the goodness that is surrounding you all the time .

for sure I´m infinite Light ?

Being a Guru is frustrating because what can be done in a moment, people make it a lifetime.’

good = this benefits my survival
evil = this threatens my survival
Absolute Good = God = Nonduality = no more dividing reality
Why do we use Absolute Good as a pointer and not Absolute Evil, even though Infinity is basically death, the end of survival? - You'd have to ask God for that one.

I think we were blank little pillars of nothing and God said you guys are too nice to eachother I give you the opportunity to go sin against eachother. Then we made plans on how we were going to fuck eachother over and here we are

Edited by Hojo

You’re just rambling, but who cares why God allows evil? Not gonna change it anyway. It’s here, it’s now, and we’re fucked. End. 

22 hours ago, Hojo said:

I think we were blank little pillars of nothing and God said you guys are too nice to eachother I give you the opportunity to go sin against eachother. Then we made plans on how we were going to fuck eachother over and here we are

xD

-Osho

On 17/06/2023 at 3:44 PM, Breakingthewall said:

For you suffering is evil just because you don't like. suffering is existence, the same as pleasure. Whether you like it or not doesn't make it good or bad. It is like saying that cold is good and heat is bad, or binary solar systems are bad and simple ones are good.

reality is reality, what exists, is. if you stay in the superficiality of preference, you divide everything between good or bad. At an absolute level, it is not better to be rich and have the girlfriend of your dreams than to be a schizophrenic chained in a baroque-era madhouse. what is, is, and its depth is unfathomable. Due to the fact of being, it is infinite love, and its external manifestation is indifferent, since everything is, nothing can not be, be excluded, since reality is infinite and nothing is left out, it's impossible. If it were possible, reality would be finite, and it can't be. 

If everything is possible.. then yes of course. But an infinite universe doesn’t mean infinite possibility. It only means anything that CAN happen WILL happen. If something has a non-zero probability of happening.. then over an infinite amount of events that thing will halpen.

Imagine you are a cartoon character, living on a sheet of paper. A very large sheet of paper… for all you know..it’s infinite. in any case.. you never saw an edge.

Someone tells you that there are other sheets of paper on which different rules apply. Maybe you are a cartoon character in a world drawn with a pencil.. someone tells you that there are other sheets of paper on which strange things exist that you have never seen.. or even imagined.. in your cartoon world, like “color”.

So you ask… but if my world is infinite, where can these other sheets of paper be?

Well… not in your sheet of paper. They exist outside of it and independently of it.

So reality is infinite but it will always appear as finite . You can't see infinity .you can only experience finite things .like every object in your room right now  .

About bias . Yes the ego mind looks into the world and divide  into good and bad for survival agenda. But survival is the real God that got you by the balls . So you can't live and maintain a human life unless you're biased . So in conclusion..you will always be biasd as long as you're alive .so you will always suffer .

-Osho

Why does God allow evil? The simplest answer is love and free will. Evil is the intentional action of harming another living thing. There is no freedom without the option of doing both good and bad.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

1 minute ago, r0ckyreed said:

Why does God allow evil? The simplest answer is love and free will. Evil is the intentional action of harming another living thing. There is no freedom without the option of doing both good and bad.

Agreed. 

-Osho

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

the existence of life in this dimension is that to live you have to kill, and that only those who can prosper, and who can't, die. there is only one rule: survive. Evilness like child-torturing is a perversion of the fact of what life is. and the human is especially a son of a bitch, that's why they has done so well in the game of: let's see who is more son of a bitch.

If we want to penetrate in existence, we have to stop projecting in existence our bias

Edited by Breakingthewall