WeCome1

How much water should one really drink?

12 posts in this topic

There is this common piece of health advice going around that "you should stay hydrated", "drink more water", "8 oz / 1 glass per hour for the first 10 hours of your waking time", "2 liters per day" and on and on it goes. It's been pointed out to me many times that "I don't seem to drink water at all"; however, between my morning and evening tea, fruits and vegetables and an occasional glass or two of water when and if I feel like it - I calculate somewhere around 1.5 liters of daily water intake and don't really feel like I'm missing something. The whole "forcing myself to drink more" seems like a fad to me.

Do you have experience when purposefully drinking more water has led to any significant improvements (or problems, maybe?..)? Or maybe you can suggest some credible sources of information on this topic?

If you are dehydrated you will be thirsty.

I don't know why people complicate their lives like that, , unless you are particularly old or ill.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Try a body weight to water calculator on google. To me, the more water the better. Although drinking a gallon is starting to go overboard.

Just drink when you are thirsty, your body knows how to regulate itself. Too much water means more blood is filtered through kidneys and more strain on them. Ironically, I think it is actually not healthy to drink too much water like some of these health gurus suggest.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Just monitor urine concentration. If you take riboflavin it will be brightly colored but otherwise it should not be overly concentrated/yellow.

Don't forget about different types of water, such as mineral water and pure water, and how to obtain water, whether it's through buying and selecting, boiling, distillation, etc. It's not just about how much water you consume, but also what kind of water you should consider learning about.

There is a lot of scientific advice out there, and some of it is subject to debate. However, based on my own experience, I believe that everyone is different. I find it easy to stay hydrated and drink at least 1.5 liters of water each day, excluding the water I get from consuming fruits or vegetables.

I used to drink from a bottle but now I prefer drinking from a glass. Drinking too much water can lead to vomiting, while not having enough water can make me feel dehydrated. This is just my personal experience and knowledge. As for credible information, I'm unsure because different sources provide varying answers. It's best to do what works for you. If you need assistance, consider speaking to a nutritionist, doctor, or any other professional who understands your needs and can provide specific advice.

You don't need any water advice. Drink as much as you feel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Drinking in a stainless steel water bottle is better than a plastic one.

I used to think that the downside would be not being able to see the amount of water left visually, but I found myself enjoying shaking the bottle to find out instead.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Too much water is bad too. You won’t absorb nutrients from food if you drink too much.  Listen to your body. 

Enough that it’s enough

Sailing on the ceiling 

I most likely often drink a bit more than necessary, but I'd prefer that than constant dehydration. My veins have always been complimented doing bloodwork/plasma donation, furthermore my blood pressure/pulse have always been near perfect. It's just weird to me seeing people my age (mid 20s) with high blood pressure / resting pulse. 

In quantitative terms, I drink around 4-5,5 liters a day during hot summer days, and 2,5-4 liters on colder days (even during winter). My body thanked me for it so far.