Someone here

Is it possible to understand everything?

12 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura ..hi ..few questions please:

Is it possible to understand reality completely?  I don't just want to get my metaphysical worldview right..I'm talking about literally EVERYTHING!  Understanding how humans work..how animals work..how society work ..how politics and government work ..how dating and sexuality work ..how business work..how money work..how to master my emotions..how literally every single atom in the entire workd functions.  And i could go on and on and the list will be endless . And that to me is the barrier to Understanding absolutely everything. Because EVERYTHING is endless!. So how can I possibly understand everything given that things don't end ? Does that mean I'm doomed to live life only Understanding a tiny portion of it and I must be ignorant of some stuff ?

Thanks.  

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I think you can. But, i think, you need to be ready to be ready to be ready. So, you need to take one step at a time. 

6 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

I think you can. But, i think, you need to be ready to be ready to be ready. So, you need to take one step at a time. 

How so ? Even robots and AI don't understand unless you program them .

I think It's simply impossible. The amount of knowledge that is available for free is vastly larger than any one person will ever have time to learn. The knowledge created just in the next day may be more than you can learn in your entire life.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

But time might be an illusion for infinite consciousness, therefore it might already be containing all the information that will ever be created in the "future". Time might simply be something that makes sense to us, and meaningful for us, in this level of perception that we are in. 

What do you mean specifically by understanding?  I mean you can understand things by using your mind and language to "know" things. But you can also sense things directly and be conscious of them. But Both have limits i guess. Reality seems far to multidimensional to be known in words. And my senses seem way to crude to sense all of it.

It also seems possible to boost your imagination trough for example psychedelics, but i find it hard to judge if this imagination can be used as tool to know how it all works.

I think i remember Leo saying something like "to truly know the spoon you have to be the spoon" 
Maybe i remember that wrong, but it makes me think of another thing.

Things seem to have an inside and an outside. And i can only know myself from the inside and everything else from the outside. How can i truly understand everything and everyone without being both all the insides and outsides at the same time?

Is that a state that you can reach as a lil earth monkey?

Just some thoughts :P

Edited by Maru

No, You won't understand every single thing.

You won't even understand one "thing". Try grasping a pencil or leaves swaying in the wind.

Whether You're doomed because of that or not is a matter of perspective.

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura ..hi ..few questions please:

Is it possible to understand reality completely?  I don't just want to get my metaphysical worldview right..I'm talking about literally EVERYTHING!  Understanding how humans work..how animals work..how society work ..how politics and government work ..how dating and sexuality work ..how business work..how money work..how to master my emotions..how literally every single atom in the entire workd functions.  And i could go on and on and the list will be endless . And that to me is the barrier to Understanding absolutely everything. Because EVERYTHING is endless!. So how can I possibly understand everything given that things don't end ? Does that mean I'm doomed to live life only Understanding a tiny portion of it and I must be ignorant of some stuff ?

Thanks.  

You will be infinitely trying to understand the infinite. 

Applied Non-Duality Is An Oxymoron. There's nothing to apply because it's already done.

There are 3 types of matter. Dark matter, Anti Matter, and Doesn't Matter.

Maybe it's possible, but in a non-conceptual, non-logical or articulate way. that way it is impossible, it works on another frequency.

It’s not possible. Reality is infinite and understanding is always finite. The part cannot grasp the whole because the whole will always be greater than the part. This should be obvious. Omniscience doesn’t exist at least in this finite human form. Anyone who says they understand all of reality should be able to demonstrate understanding and clear articulation of all mathematical equations, mental health disorders, how electricity works, how AI and computer coding works, etc. All of those are part of reality and you will never understand everything in this lifetime period. 

Please read The Book of Not Knowing and check out Leo’s video on The Power of Not Knowing. Leo already admits that total understanding of reality is impossible. He admits that the only thing he knows is that reality is infinite. That’s all we can know.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Nah.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Depends if you’re everything 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I guess if everything is really nothing the better question to ask is if it's possible to understand nothing.