StarStruck

Do you have any addictions?

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Being addiction free = being a free man

I value freedom. 

Get deeper insights what addictions are. 

It is not about quantity but quality. 

You will be as detached from pleasures as you want when you are dead.
In the meantime you are trapped in duality.

Wanting to be attached to nothing = not loving life.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

You will be as detached from pleasures as you want when you are dead.
In the meantime you are trapped in duality.

Wanting to be attached to nothing = not loving life.

Attached to nothing = loving everything

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Hi Juan. Mines is wine...hehe just kidding. I checked out your channel. Nice art. You haven't posted in awhile, tho. And is that you in the female picture. Beautiful.

Hi @Princess Arabia, sure why not lol. And thanks a lot really, yeah I’ve been working recently on a part-time cuz I’m just starting to learn tattooing but my instagram has more recent stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/artejusino/?hl=en

And no that’s not me on the female picture (I guess you’re talking the YouTube one right?) I’m a male, although I plan to do dragqueen hehe. 

Edited by Juan

Music, YouTube, phone, weed, worry, 

All good things. 

The really problem I think for me is I need more time just being, in silence. Whether reading, writing, meditating just being lazy in silence. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Attached to nothing = loving everything

There is nothing wrong with enjoying shit. For example I might go out and get an Italian ice cream for once. That doesn't mean I'm addicted (attached) to it) because if I want I can stop eating it from tomorrow on.

Addiction = INVOLUNTARY attachment

Enjoyment = VOLUNTARY attachment

Hate = resistance

Love = no resistance and no involuntary attachment

Addiction is not something to be proud on while being at the same time a "spiritual person". It is like saying you did some nasty stuff while claiming to be a virgin.

Edited by StarStruck

36 minutes ago, Juan said:

Hi @Princess Arabia, sure why not lol. And thanks a lot really, yeah I’ve been working recently on a part-time cuz I’m just starting to learn tattooing but my instagram has more recent stuff:

And no that’s not me on the female picture (I guess you’re talking the YouTube one right?) I’m a male, although I plan to do dragqueen hehe. 

Yes the YT one. Funny how I sensed feminine energy through the phone. I'll check out your IG. Anyway, your art is beautiful. I'll make a note after I've checked out your IG. I'll follow you too..mines is lleopardlady2, incase you see it.

I am haplessly addicted to coffee. I don't even like coffee any more but I can't stop myself from drinking it.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

7 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

There is nothing wrong with enjoying shit. For example I might go out and get an Italian ice cream for once. That doesn't mean I'm addicted (attached) to it) because if I want I can stop eating it from tomorrow on.

Hate = resistance

Addiction is not something to be proud on while being at the same time a "spiritual person". It is like saying you did some nasty stuff while claiming to be a virgin.

1+1=3

20 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Hate = resistance

You are missing the essence of Spirituality.  There are higher levels of consciousness and lower levels of consciousness. Pride isn't on the hgher level. That's just the mind taking ownership of doing. Theres nothing to be or not be proud of.  Reality is just unfolding. How you respond depends on your level of consciousness. 

1 hour ago, Juan said:

I followed you in IG. Beautiful art work and graphic design.  Seems like you're inspired by Picasso. I see a little resemblance in the art work. I love to see 3rd eye art. It does something to my Soul.

There's a difference between addictions and interests. 

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You are missing the essence of Spirituality.  There are higher levels of consciousness and lower levels of consciousness. Pride isn't on the hgher level. That's just the mind taking ownership of doing. Theres nothing to be or not be proud of.  Reality is just unfolding. How you respond depends on your level of consciousness. 

Good point about pride but that doesn't mean we should do whatever we want.

I admit I have an addiction to past memories that were harmful and traumatizing since they keep replaying in my head at least a few times per day, but I'm aware it stems from the ego, working on minimizing it as best I can.

Alcohol, weed in a way (i can go for break on months on end but always comeback), coffee, youtube, overthinking, my phone

Addiction free living is a goal of mine

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Addiction free living is a goal of mine

Did 5 MeO DMT not help you with that? I remember you doing a lot of psychedelics and I was wondering what you got out of it.

2 minutes ago, KGrimes said:

Alcohol, weed in a way (i can go for break on months on end but always comeback), coffee, youtube, overthinking, my phone

How can somebody be addicted to YouTube. Coffee is coffee and overthinking is overthinking. YouTube is just a name for a social media platform that someone made up. What if it was called something else like MeTube. What would  you be addicted to then..MeTube? 

Maybe physical addictions are easier to recognize, but the more insidious and intractable addictions tend to be mental.

Mental disorders are the result of addictions or fixations, which are just another form of addiction.

The deeper you sink into the absolute within, the less pull addictions have on you, until eventually you are entirely free.

True spirituality is less about stunning realization, and all about seamless integration.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I’ve had an internet addiction for years. However I wonder whether I meet it so much today 

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback