deamordeamar

What does it mean to lack consciousness?

16 posts in this topic

What does it mean to be highly conscious?

I want to gain a deeper understanding of the distinction between unconscious people and conscious people.

In my opinion, the more you understand what life is and how it works, the more conscious you are. Is that correct?

The best example is when you're sleepy, tired, or in a food coma -- you are less conscious than usual.

42 minutes ago, deamordeamar said:

In my opinion, the more you understand what life is and how it works, the more conscious you are.

No. Consciousness is a state you are in, not any information you know.

You can think of consciousness as your level of mental sharpness. To lack consciousness is to engage in behavior without self-awareness.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

To be more perceptive perhaps.

In music you can be a tone deaf person or a Mozart. Similary in many areas of life you can increase your perseption of it deeper and deeper. You can be more diet concious then others, environment concious, physics concious, esoteric concious etc. It means being able to see something that others cannot.

In spirituality it usually means to be more aware of deeper and deeper layers of our ego and how it distorts our perseption of the world and causes misery. To the point where one reaches a perception of reality without any distortions. A perfect truth. Being able to see through many many layers of bs that people have is what makes one more conscious then others.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@deamordeamar The more conscious you are the more you can appreciate things around you, They look shiner, purer cleaner, warmer, and more detailed. The more conscious you are, you feel more at peace, more in love, more strong, and more intelligent for sure, the mind starts working at a higher frequency and in a different manner, and your insights become deeper and more inclusive, The more conscious you are the deeper your experiences are, Colors look deeper, details are sharper, your pov becomes wider. 

It is the difference between experiencing life as an animal and experiencing life as a God. 

@Leo Gura So my question is is it possible to drop in conscious due to the loss of a loved one? 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

29 minutes ago, Kamo said:

@Leo Gura So my question is is it possible to drop in conscious due to the loss of a loved one? 

Yes.

Also possible to rise.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 5/14/2023 at 8:29 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

@deamordeamar The more conscious you are the more you can appreciate things around you, They look shiner, purer cleaner, warmer, and more detailed. The more conscious you are, you feel more at peace, more in love, more strong, and more intelligent for sure, the mind starts working at a higher frequency and in a different manner, and your insights become deeper and more inclusive, The more conscious you are the deeper your experiences are, Colors look deeper, details are sharper, your pov becomes wider. 

It is the difference between experiencing life as an animal and experiencing life as a God. 

I like this explanation.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Leo Gura Could it be possible to fall in consciousness and then raise in consciousness too quickly before your able to handle it, and then reach an insight or realization that is so threatening to the ego to such a degree that you then manifest a state of psychological masking?

The mind will play all sorts of games and it is easily traumatized or freaked out.

Very high states easily result in a freakout.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 5/15/2023 at 6:42 PM, Kamo said:

On 5/15/2023 at 7:12 PM, Leo Gura said:

Yes.

Also possible to rise.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 5/17/2023 at 9:48 AM, Leo Gura said:

The mind will play all sorts of games and it is easily traumatized or freaked out.

Very high states easily result in a freakout.

@Leo Gura Yeah this happened to me. Just making sure I wasnt crazy to assume these things. lol. 

@Kamo You assume being mentally stable is not crazy.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

21 hours ago, Yimpa said:

@Kamo You assume being mentally stable is not crazy.

@Yimpa Sorry this was just a short dialogue between myself and Leo on this point. thanks for your opinion.

When your preoccupation with your own needs is often at the expense of others.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 14/05/2023 at 6:29 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

@deamordeamar The more conscious you are the more you can appreciate things around you. 

This is definetly one of the biggest things I look forward to when I do consciousness work to raise my baseline level of consciousness. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.