Yimpa

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Out Now!

124 posts in this topic

The first BotW game was the best video game I played in possibly a decade. I was never a Zelda or Nintendo fan boy. But the first BotW game made me realize that they still make great games and that they still "make 'em like they used to." 

I won't be picking this one up because story wise Ganon shoulda been dead forever last game so it makes no sense and I want to just close that perfect chapter. And plus this game just feels too similar with the same map even.

But graphics is not everything. I bought a beefy monster pc thinking it was the answer, but nowadays I just play 2D games with, by your standards, complete jank graphics that a 15 year old PC can run, like Monster Train and Slay The Spire. 

Edited by WikiRando

I played over 300 games, or even more. Zelda Ocarina of Time was a revolution to video games. And after that Majoras Mask. It was so magical

I can understand that not everyone likes these new Zelda games. They have different atmosphere and graphic than the more realistic ones back then

Edited by OBEler

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I wish it had good graphics.

This is why I haven’t bought the console, the graphics aren’t quite there where I want them to. Luckily, we might get a new hardware probably next year since Nintendo Switch’s sales are declining now drastically but ofc expected cuz it’s been a 6 years console now! 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nintendo games have become so ugly. Like mud.

Meh I get what you mean, I play a lot of indie games so I’d rather play something artistic interesting looking (meaning you can see they cared a lot for the style of the game) and if possible new ways of gameplay.

What it seems cool about TLOZ: Tears of the Kingdom is that, similarly to his past game Breath of the Wild, is a open world sandbox, you can go straight from the beginning of the game to the final boss if you want to, you can intentionally break the game for advance the story (like a metroid mania genre, you choose your path, go as advanced you want but you can go back too to complete what you missed) , etc. 

Edited by Juan

5 hours ago, Juan said:

What it seems cool about TLOZ: Tears of the Kingdom is that, similarly to his past game Breath of the Wild, is a open world sandbox

I don't trust the quality of almost any game within the category of open world games, They are usually boring, with bad gameplay mechanics and silly side quests, of course, Ubisoft comes to mind.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I don't trust the quality of almost any game within the category of open world games, They are usually boring, with bad gameplay mechanics and silly side quests, of course, Ubisoft comes to mind.

Score speaks for themselves, there are many 10/10 for both Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom, what about even Elden Ring? Lol. I’ll play the recent Zeldas once we get the next gen from Nintendo. At least move on from the ps3 to ps4 graphics. xD

Again is not just a open world, I said is a open world sandbox, meaning you’ll have to create your solutions while you play, create your weapons and vehicles and they are also breakable so you have to be constantly creating, even your food! Yum! :D

Edited by Juan

Yeah, I am surprised that this game didn't have much more realistic graphics.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And on top of that, the colors are just so wasted out and low-contrast that it makes it look worse than it needs to.

I see there is a HUGE difference watching the game on your phone/computer vs the real console which is the switch OLED version.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I played it on my PC. Honestly all the puzzles are kinda tedious. I never liked Zelda games because the puzzles slow everything down and make the game an annoying slog. There is way too much crafting crap in this game. I have always wanted to like Zelda games more than I actually do. To me they are over-rated.

What’s wrong to be slowed down? Most puzzle games in all games are slow, to make you think harder for a bit, nothing new really. Crafting is fun, if you like to create ofc. Maybe you’ll like better this sequel which according many reviews, it improves what many people disliked from Breath of the Wild.

“I don’t like sand. Too much water. 4.20/10”

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

“I don’t like sand. Too much water. 4.20/10”

Lucas' biggest mistake is that he thinks of Star Wars as for children.

You don't need to patronize to children. Children can watch adult films and fully enjoy them.

I watched Robocop when I was 5 years old. I treated it as a "kid's" movie.

You don't need to put cute idiots into a movie for children to enjoy it. This is so insulting to children.

Children have been turned into pussies by such people. Robocop is the perfect children's movie.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Juan said:

I see there is a HUGE difference watching the game on your phone/computer

Breath Of The Wild looks best on 4k PC emulation.

I am playing Tears on PC at 60 fps.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Children has been turned into pussies by such people. Robocop is the perfect children's movie.

I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) as a kid. Shit traumatized me. 

I now live in Texas 20 years later xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You don't need to patronize to children. Children can watch adult films and fully enjoy them.

Yep.

IMG_0877.jpeg

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Breath Of The Wild looks best on 4k PC emulation.

I am playing Tears on PC at 60 fps.

Had you played cyberpunk? It got better after years with big ass needed updates. I plan to get it. 

59 minutes ago, Juan said:

Had you played cyberpunk? It got better after years with big ass needed updates. I plan to get it. 

Reviews were so bad it never even occurred to me to play it.

On 13.5.2023 at 5:16 PM, OBEler said:

I played over 300 games, or even more. Zelda Ocarina of Time was a revolution to video games. And after that Majoras Mask. It was so magical

I can understand that not everyone likes these new Zelda games. They have different atmosphere and graphic than the more realistic ones back then

I find the newer ones so interesting, when I briefly watch them, as I only watched the ocarina of time and played windwaker on the game cube, where people already complained for me the games was so innocent during that time, I could not play it as it scared me legit I got scared watching goblins chase me etc, and the complexity was out of the game apparently, yet I enjoyed the graphics and the looks. 

For me this game was magical during the time, yet I could never play it properly. Skyrim and Fable 3 during that time were the most magical games I played I love open-world games. 

I hope Baldurs Gate 3 will be good I enjoyed the baldurs gate on the first Xbox a lot, I love stuff that moves into mastery like this with physical skills and weapons, generally gear.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

1 hour ago, Juan said:

It's fine, yet it might have some level of reading depth it's get's pretty boring in terms of mastery, I just enjoyed it a lot thanks to visuals and I can get sucked into hype trains, it's fun for semi-hardcore gamers I feel, it's fun hacking stuff and just killing stuff and hacking. Storywise the best scence was when the main character fked the girl inside the tank, yet I was also on LSD I believe... so I might have internalized the experience, yet I loved the merging aspect of it. As a more "consciouness related sci-fi themed thing". 

Would not buy if above 30€ and the setup is not able to perform higher graphics... 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

I used to play video games when I was kid. Its been 20years. Where do I start ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Personally I adore the Zelda games. They can be an acquired taste - I'm fully aware how potent nostalgia is for me with regard to this game series.

Graphics wise I don't think they even attempt realism, however it is a stylized aesthetic complimentary to the type of gameplay Nintendo produced. I think without playing the games through it may be difficult to appreciate how the 2 elements fuse to create a great experience. Purely my opinion.

I do think the Zelda games pioneered some modern elements of gaming - Z Targeting being a prime example. Great way to transition to 3D games. It can be hard to appreciate the historical significance of a simple mechanic like this without the perspective of one who experienced the before/after. 

I should be hard at work building hospitals ...

But I've gone total neckbeard mode & binging Tears of the Kingdom >.<

NO REGRETS (coming from an Ex WoW addict)

>.>

<.<

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

26 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

Try growing up in the early 80s what's wrong with generations after that? Back in the day, we use to go to parties and pick up girls every week without having to ask how to get a woman. What has happened to the generations after me? And back then there

It is lack of socializing I think, it makes you a pussy. I notice that when I stay at home for long periods, I lose some of my confidence. 

On 13/05/2023 at 5:57 AM, Leo Gura said:

I wish it had good graphics. Nintendo games have become so ugly. Like mud.

Nintendo has to update their hardware first, they’re not going to make a game that can’t run on their  switch

There are already big upgrades possible, The steamdeck & Asus’ Ally handheld are two such examples.

It would be interesting if they made a ps5 competitor.