integral

State is Everything.

23 posts in this topic

Optimize your base level of consciousness.

You need to a consistent high functioning state of mind over a long duration for everything.

What ever unhealthy non-sense your addicted to, cant help your self but to keep doing, not sleeping enought, junk food, sedentary, masterbation...

What ever puts stress on your state, be done with it, its far less rewarding then a optimized default state. 

Consistence Optimized default state IS KING.

Consistency creates the momentum for exponential growth.

You need to build up speed before take off and you cant do that if your not consistent over weeks and months and you cant do that unless your on point everyday with the best state you can naturally achieve.

Insights, Wisdom, Improvement, learning, rewiring and performance is exponentially effected by state. In both directions.

Things that effect my state: 

• Poor sleep - Get your ass in bed by 8pm
  • Eating most foods in the morning with out exercise
  • Lack of exerise with high intensity daily
  • Ejaculation - destroys ability to recover - makes colors gray for 2 days 
  • Nutrition deficiencies 
  • Eating when not hungry or on a schedule - Eat when hungry this optimizes state

What effects your state? What can you do to optimize it to be consistant everyday? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

14 hours ago, integral said:

What effects your state? What can you do to optimize it to be consistant everyday?

To add to your list: pursue a life goal, establish a work schedule and always follow it (plan the conditions for taking breaks), write notes for everything your mind keeps reminding you to do, whether it's that day or the near future or the far future (so your mind doesn't have to keep reminding you about it), eliminate substances (caffeine, sugar), take a 10-minute walk every day straight after dinner, optimize your micronutrients (I take zinc, magnesium and fish oil and have not been sick since I started doing that), be aware of how foods make you feel and if you're getting enough of each macronutrient, get about 10 minutes of direct sunlight in the morning.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Everything said above +

• Distracting noises, especially family gossip I often hear, human noises in general. The requests are the worst, “focus is about saying NO”. I swear to god an empty house is more valuable than the soil it sits on.
  • Food that gives me stomach acid and or worsens my ability to think. (The list is longer than I expected). I found out that lot of “what’s healthy” (which is usually vegetables) don’t go well with me. I.e peppers (any kind), Brussels sprouts & maybe asparagus.

Avoid procrastinating. Whatever can be done now, do it rather than putting it off. That way it won't linger on your subconscious, causing unnecessary strain and anxiety, and you'll get more done.

dont do something every day, that is slavery, be intelligent and listen to your body, be smart enough to mix up what you need, be thinking always and don't ever be a robot

attachment is the only sin

13 hours ago, integral said:

Ejaculation - destroys ability to recover - makes colors gray for 2 days 

Ejaculation shouldn't do that. Do you experience any flu like symptoms, like fatigue, muscle pain, depression after masturbation?

Awakening happens on its own. The belief that addictions can stop you is false. You could sit and observe your addictions and awaken. Awakening happens through paying attention, the more attention, the more care you give something the higher you raise your awareness of it. So in truth all actions, thinking, emoting, eating, sleeping, are in service to awakening. You speed up the process when you make the target of that care consistent. 

But as time flies, the differences, the distortions between one thing and another that too will collapse. If it is your fate to awaken in this life time you will, and you could quote on quote waste as much time as you want and it would still happen. There are no distractions, all paths lead to awakening. What is beneficial is the understanding of what it all means. That is where the epistemological understandings come in about Love and Truth.

But again, all paths lead to awakening, once awakened you can choose which path you wish to pursue from there. But all this demonization is hilarious. Here is a secret, EVERYTHING is an addiction. EVERYTHING IS! Your most prominent addiction is your own perspective!!! All of your beliefs, your memories, your preferences, you hold onto this more tightly than anything else. THIS IS YOUR STRONGEST ADDICTION, your personhood.

So miss me with all this demonization of what is right or wrong or how to be a good person, it's the biggest self-deception because you were never a person to begin with!!! Live, enjoy the moment, do what is the most loving act and that shall be the guide to happiness. Any attachment to any morals, will fill you with guilt and unworthiness which is the biggest practical joke you can play on yourself.

Awakening is truly a cosmic joke, you got God telling itself it needs morals to be GOOD!!!! So hilarious!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

19 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Awakening happens on its own. The belief that addictions can stop you is false. You could sit and observe your addictions and awaken. Awakening happens through paying attention, the more attention, the more care you give something the higher you raise your awareness of it. So in truth all actions, thinking, emoting, eating, sleeping, are in service to awakening. You speed up the process when you make the target of that care consistent. 

Addictions are distracting and reduces your ability to pay attention, and awakening reduces addictions (it goes both ways). Addictions are compulsive cycles. Establishing some order/direction/linearity is what paying attention is about and what spirituality is about.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Have you ever considered that these could also be 'limiting beliefs'? that something can actually affect you positively or negatively? I used to think that way about somethings like you stated, then I detached from those beliefs and no longer had the same effect/result. Somethings to think about.

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Addictions are distracting and reduces your ability to pay attention, and awakening reduces addictions (it goes both ways). Addictions are compulsive cycles. Establishing some order/direction/linearity is what paying attention is about and what spirituality is about.

addictions are mindlessness ... bring mindfulness to them ... then you go from being a zombie to a yogi

in a nutshell, the path is not letting mind body convince you it is you ... you are not that ... like razard86 says bring attention care love to what the mind body is doing ... ride along with it but don't get drunk on it

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

addictions are mindlessness ... bring mindfulness to them ... then you go from being a zombie to a yogi

in a nutshell, the path is not letting mind body convince you it is you ... you are not that ... like razard86 says bring attention care love to what the mind body is doing ... ride along with it but don't get drunk on it

I'm an ex- drug addict who benefited from mindfulness, but it was certainly not the whole story. Reductionism is rarely a sufficient answer.

One of my old roommates from last year who began a downward spiral of heavy drug use was recently spotted by my friend picking bottles from trash cans. He regularly watched Sadhguru and talked about the benefits of meditation. When I think about it, that could've been me. I consider myself very lucky. There were a lot of fortunate circumstances in my external environment that coincided with each other and which affected my behavior and way of thinking. When I count up all the details, it actually seems like a miracle.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I use the Emwave2 EEG biofeedback device to calibrate my state...

It's really just simple hacking of breath control (4-7-8 works most consistently for me) combined with feeling positive (grateful) to flip on the parasympathetic nervous system switch.

You can do it without the device though , go pull up a 4-7-8 breathing video and "feel grateful" as you focus on the breath movements and stillness during the hold... (Alternatively 6-6 works and is what the the tool recommends) 

You can notice it happen, whenever you feel the shift towards being able to breathe deeply-easily.  (PROTIP : analyzing , fluttering mind, and "trying" like mental effort  , all tend to result in negative sympathetic state (fight-or-flight)

If you breathe in for 6 seconds , and it feels like you are getting full by 4 or 5 seconds , you are in sympathetic (from my experience) when you feel your middle abdomen area loosen up and feels like your lungs are suddenly able to hold a bigger capacity easy, that's the parasympathetic state...

Also you can run an audit on yourself like "how do I feel" and if you have a complaint ,like "I feel tired" "this is bad" "I'm ready to be done"  or something , that's sympathetic... And if your mental attitude is like "this is easy" "I feel good" "I could do this all day" that's parasympathetic...(There is also a neutral state, where you answer like "I'm fine" "I'm okay", though I'm not sure if that is specifically the symp. or parasymp)

Thats just stuff I've learned from using the device to monitor myself in real-time and noticing this stuff over many practice sessions 

Edited by KoryKat

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm an ex- drug addict who benefited from mindfulness, but it was certainly not the whole story. Reductionism is rarely a sufficient answer.

mindfulness is a useful tool ... but basically what is needed is disidentification with action ... when that happens body mind seems to lose interest in doing stuff since no fuel is being given to maintain this personna ... then the body mind is free to pursue different stuff

On 4/21/2023 at 1:01 PM, integral said:

What effects your state? 

Coronavirus and other diseases.

Old age.

Weather.

Bad food, water and air.

Noise pollution

On 4/21/2023 at 2:23 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

Ejaculation shouldn't do that. Do you experience any flu like symptoms, like fatigue, muscle pain, depression after masturbation?

That's true I have issues with weakness and a number of symptoms pop up after ejaculation that i didnt have before when i was young and health. Muscles don't build up lactic acid anymore after work outs, depression and lack of motivation, sleep quality drops, colors become grayish, digestion drops causing burping or what i think is low stomach acid, skin gets dry and can peel on the face if I ejaculate more then twice in a row.

@Razard86 @M A J I

So if someone stabbed and left a knife in your leg would you say "its all an illusion" and be content with whatever? Or would you remove the knife? With health problems and stressors on the body its non-sensical to simply continue does habits that then effects state. The point of psychedelics is state, happens to be extremely useful.

Awakening is about happiness? All suffering ends after awakening? 

@KoryKat

Neurofeed back would be great, ideally id like sympathetic 24/7 detection and protection. Ideally a device can detect sympathetic states the moment it builds up and adjust the environment like turning off devices until the a parasympathetic state is re-established.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral You are comparing very different things here, but ultimately Its all about acceptance and returning to the present moment, the sooner one can do this the sooner the pain and suffering dissipates, but of course you would attend to the wound and mend it beforehand... No one is saying to neglect or deny what is present. What I am saying is the greater attachment to the body/persona, the more in the mind/mental, the greater the suffering and limitation of consciousness.

In higher vibrational states you would be highly unlikely to 'attract'  such scenarios as you are more in the drivers seat of your creation, so to speak, yet paradoxically, you 'as a persona' do not steer. Unless there is a deeper lesson there, unto which you will soon attest too and make more sense of of it all. Only the fool will repeat a mistake until he becomes a wise man.

As we rise in consciousness we have greater capacities over the universe. It will be more evident what I speak here and the deeper insight into it.

As above so below, as within so without.

7 hours ago, integral said:

That's true I have issues with weakness and a number of symptoms pop up after ejaculation that i didnt have before when i was young and health. Muscles don't build up lactic acid anymore after work outs, depression and lack of motivation, sleep quality drops, colors become grayish, digestion drops causing burping or what i think is low stomach acid, skin gets dry and can peel on the face if I ejaculate more then twice in a row.

You have POIS bro.

"post-orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS), is a rare and poorly understood condition in which individuals experience a range of physical and/or psychological symptoms following orgasm. These symptoms typically begin within a few minutes to a few hours after orgasm and can last for several hours to several days.

The symptoms of POIS can vary widely from person to person and may include fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, skin rash, flu-like symptoms, brain fog, anxiety, irritability, and depression. Some people may also experience gastrointestinal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea."

13 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

You have POIS bro.

"post-orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS), is a rare and poorly understood condition in which individuals experience a range of physical and/or psychological symptoms following orgasm. These symptoms typically begin within a few minutes to a few hours after orgasm and can last for several hours to several days.

The symptoms of POIS can vary widely from person to person and may include fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, skin rash, flu-like symptoms, brain fog, anxiety, irritability, and depression. Some people may also experience gastrointestinal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea."

Yes and all these symptoms are identical to people who over masturbate. They go past the limits there body can recover from. For the young that limit is 10x a day for months. If the body is struggling with nutrition absorption and sleep quality then that limit is less then once a day. Its a spectrum, everyone has symptoms after ejaculation it only depends on how prominent it is and if they have the self awareness to notice. If I don't ejaculate for a week and then ejaculate there are basically no symptoms because I stored up reserves, but if I do it once every day or every second day the symptoms get worse and worse, body cant recover the loss of nutrients fast enough.

If I ejaculate and squeeze the muscle to prevent semen from coming out there are no symptoms after orgasm and feel rather good because of the endorphins and other hormones released. 

Ideally id fix this some how. 

Edited by integral

3 hours ago, Squeekytoy said:

For the record I'm not doubting OP's symptoms. Just the explanations that go around on the subject.

Its possibly not nutrients loss, if so i have no idea what it is. The main indication that makes me believe so is if I hold the semen in during orgasm i dont get fatigue and if im in a state of depletion and eat eggs/milk/bell peppers right after I can get back to normal fast but if I eat foods with out good building blocks it takes a lot longer.