Alex M

Do animals have an ego?

61 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, The0Self said:

But it sounds like you’re also saying that it is in any way possible one could get to the point where they have no preferences.

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

I don't know because i didn't do that, but it is what the mystics of all times have tried. Maybe some of them got it.

55 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Don't let the mind deceive you into believing that dissolving demons is only possible in extreme states

Im not talking about demons, i meant that if you want really realize the absolute, you must eliminate even the slightest preference from yourself. If you prefer to live than die, you will not realize the absolute, or if you prefer to keep your hands than have them amputated. you have to come to a complete resignation. but taking a psychedelic you realize the absolute completely without the need for this. I'm not talking about being happy or erasing your trauma, but realizing the absolute

@Breakingthewall Hell is a preference hierarchy:

1) Archdemon

2) Demon

3) Devil

4) Imp

There's nothing wrong with dissolving a few imps first before moving on to devils and demons. Eventually though, you have to face the archdemon of death, and love the smug off its face.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

50 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I don't know because i didn't do that, but it is what the mystics of all times have tried. Maybe some of them got it.

The ultimate realization is realizing that all mystics, stories, ideas, states of consciousness, etc. all are imagined by Mind. There’s absolutely nothing that is not imagined by Mind.

If you turn this into a belief, of course we will argue for another 2000 years about how this is impossible.

That’s why nobody here is AWAKE. When you are comprehend what AWAKE points to, it becomes evidently clear that all that is is YOU.

Edited by Yimpa

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

54 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

The ultimate realization is realizing that all mystics, stories, ideas, states of consciousness, etc. all are imagined by Mind. There’s absolutely nothing that is not imagined by Mind.

If you turn this into a belief, of course we will argue for another 2000 years about how this is impossible.

That’s why nobody here is AWAKE. When you are comprehend what AWAKE points to, it becomes evidently clear that all that is is YOU.

However even Buddhist+ (complementary, not derogatory) awakened masters like Culadasa said, in relatively no uncertain terms, that suchness-emptiness or whatever you want to call absolute/God has an inherent existence in the sense that it is whole (despite having absolute proof via cessation that it is empty; thus: more than just an inkling of god-realization) (just, for instance) — While Leo is correct, he seemingly underestimates the similarity between 1. certain awakenings that many masters have had, and 2. increasingly-more-total god-realization.

Edited by The0Self

Ego just means centre field of consciousness so in that sense they do. But even according to Jung we don't have one ego but multiple egos that pretend it is a whole, while it is a conglomerate of multiple egos. In the human ego there is also the animal ego, that is why we can act as animals sometimes.

52 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

The ultimate realization is realizing that all mystics, stories, ideas, states of consciousness, etc. all are imagined by Mind. There’s absolutely nothing that is not Mind.

Man please, we know all that, but we are talking about what are the obstacles to realize the absolute, an understanding exercise.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

@Breakingthewall Hell is a preference hierarchy:

1) Archdemon

2) Demon

3) Devil

4) Imp

There's nothing wrong with dissolving a few imps first before moving on to devils and demons. Eventually though, you have to face the archdemon of death, and love the smug off its face.

Why do you think death is a so big demon? Maybe not for everyone

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Why do you think death is a so big demon? Maybe not for everyone

Demons vary according to the person's samskaras (blockages). You may not fear snakes, for example, but probably safe to say that death is a common samskara. Especially ego death.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Man please, we know all that, but we are talking about what are the obstacles to realize the absolute, an understanding exercise.

IMG_0433.jpeg

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

IMG_0433.jpeg

Asking ChatGPT for metaphyical insights is like asking McDonalds for a four-course meal.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yes they have the most primal kind of ego, where they only care for their own survival and that of the "pack".

hrhrhtewgfegege

34 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Asking ChatGPT for metaphyical insights is like asking McDonalds for a four-course meal.

From a certain point of view, of course it can be that way. Our minds work all work differently, and that’s the beauty of Reality.

I recommend that we don’t dismiss these AI tools that clearly disrupt old paradigms and ways of learning. Instead, I invite you to be open-minded to how these AI tools, used responsibly, can help accelerate our collective understanding.

Remember way back when Leo introduced psychedelics and he was getting a lot of shit for it? Boy, have we come a long way.

I like connecting AI with psychedelics, because they have several things in common. One of them being that they can both be abused, but used in the right context can significantly help you overcome limitations.

Animals, and any other life-form, have, like the human, the ability to raise their level of consciousness and acquire grander states of mind – the ego-mind is one of those states.

3 hours ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

Animals, and any other life-form, have, like the human, the ability to raise their level of consciousness and acquire grander states of mind – the ego-mind is one of those states.

23 hours ago, Moksha said:

Demons vary according to the person's samskaras (blockages). You may not fear snakes, for example, but probably safe to say that death is a common samskara. Especially ego death.

21 hours ago, Yimpa said:

23 hours ago, Moksha said:

I'm not focusing in my fears but in how to realize the absolute in the deepest possible way, because it is absolute beauty.

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

I'm not focusing in my fears but in how to realize the absolute in the deepest possible way, because it is absolute beauty.

Awareness amplifies. Focusing on your fears intensifies them, while directly realizing the absolute dissolves the appearance of everything else.

You have seen through the window to yourself, now you just need to learn how to keep it open. When it has suffered enough, the dream self submits and becomes the portal to the absolute.

22 hours ago, Yimpa said:

From a certain point of view, of course it can be that way. Our minds work all work differently, and that’s the beauty of Reality.

I recommend that we don’t dismiss these AI tools that clearly disrupt old paradigms and ways of learning. Instead, I invite you to be open-minded to how these AI tools, used responsibly, can help accelerate our collective understanding.

Remember way back when Leo introduced psychedelics and he was getting a lot of shit for it? Boy, have we come a long way.

I like connecting AI with psychedelics, because they have several things in common. One of them being that they can both be abused, but used in the right context can significantly help you overcome limitations.

I'm just waiting for the time it doesn't produce mediocre answers to deep questions.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Awareness amplifies. Focusing on your fears intensifies them, while directly realizing the absolute dissolves the appearance of everything else.

You have seen through the window to yourself, now you just need to learn how to keep it open. When it has suffered enough, the dream self submits and becomes the portal to the absolute.

Suffering can be the first motivator, which makes you look for a way out and look inside yourself, but then the key is understanding (yes, what Leo says). we are locked in a kind of labyrinth, box, enigma, which is me, you. Understanding (non-conceptual, pure, direct comprehension) is what frees stages of this labyrinth. psychedelics are extremely useful because they deform the labyrinth, they allow you to see yourself from another angle, and this makes understanding happen. understanding is the absence of barriers. without any barriers understanding is absolute, then the barriers come back and understanding is lost... to a certain extent. with psychedelics you can fully realize the absolute. how this moment is being created, your body, reality. of all the layers of energetic patterns that form you, what you really are, what you have always been, with complete clarity. then the barriers return, but increasingly tenuous

@Breakingthewall Psychedelics can help you see through the window, but that is the relatively easy part. Integrating what you have seen, and keeping the window open, is the flow state. Otherwise you are perpetually bound to the method that is supposed to set you free.

No matter what is realized on psychedelics or through any other practice, it won't shortcut the detachment from the self. Lucid dreaming requires surrender of the absolute within the mind to the absolute beyond the mind. The mask has to not only fall to the floor, but be kicked off the stage.

For me, it is suffering and the letting go of suffering that allows that grace. It only takes the tiniest particle of truth to set you free, but it must be absolute.

On 4/16/2023 at 4:26 PM, Carl-Richard said:

I'm just waiting for the time it doesn't produce mediocre answers to deep questions.

I predict it’ll give the best responses in GPT-♾️

GodlyPureTruth-Infinity

Edited by Yimpa