Kingston

Nonstop Terror - 5-MEO-DMT trip report from Erowid

31 posts in this topic

I finally got myself some 5-meo-dmt and ready to try it this weekend. And while I was reading trip reports on Erowid and accidentally came across this one: https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=114323#addendum

Looks like the experience of 5-Meo-Dmt for this guy has been a complete horror story. What do you think the reason behind this? And how can a person be ready to prepare for his first 5-meo experience? Has anybody had similar experience like this and how do you conquer?

I've read a lot of the positive trip reports here and there but this one got me a little anxious of trying it this weekend for the first time.:/

Any thought?

You should be cautious if you see yourself in their words.

For me people describing those terror experiences don't sound too similar to me when they tell about their trips or their biographical stories.

It's all about surrendering or not/ If you are able to let go and surrender when you are "dying", then it will be the most profound, blissful experience. If you hold on and fight it, it can be a nightmare. So key is, when you feel like you are losing yourself, dying, you have to say 'fuck it, this the end, I may not be coming back, and I'm okay with that''. 

@Girzo I've tripped on LSD a lot of times and had couple ego death experiences which I surrendered to it completely and had profound experiences. However, 5-meo-dmt seems to be so much potent and reading this trip report indeed trigger some anxiety in me. O.o I guess the key is just to full surrender for whatever is happening huh.

The most challenging trips I have ever had were because I resisted, I retracted instead of expanded, I fought instead of let go. I find this to be the cause of most horrible trips. 

EDIT: I read the trip report and  I dont know. 

Edited by Realms of Wonder

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

Start low 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Stop reading bad trip reports until after you have taken the substance multiple times. Otherwise, you will have self-induced anxiety and increase your chance of having such a bad trip. Bad trips are also not necessarily bad but can be terrifying. It's a learning experience, nonetheless. 

Edited by Pudgey

49 minutes ago, Pudgey said:

Stop reading bad trip reports until after you have taken the substance multiple times. Otherwise, you will have self-induced anxiety and increase your chance of having such a bad trip. Bad trips are also not necessarily bad but can be terrifying. It's a learning experience, nonetheless. 

Well said. It’s a good point.

Many people just report their chronic resistance of the trip thinking that something went wrong. 
It can badly influence vulnerable people 

Edited by Giulio Bevilacqua
Wrong

Well, I guess I can only know until I try it. O.o

Can't wait for the experience!

@Kingston @Kingston make 2 to 3 rounds if you Experiment the first times. After 1 to two hours you can raise the dose 

Start with 3 mg. Then 4,5 mg then 6 mg and see how you react. 

Remember when your heart beat raises fast and loud this is total normal ego defense and in 20 minutes it is over. No panic

Ah one extra tip, Do breathing exercises like pranayama before 5 meo for 10 minutes or so to calm you down if you feel too nervous

Edited by OBEler

@Kingston report please

and stick the syringe 3 to 4 cm into your ass, this is very important.

"The area with the most absorption is located in the anal canal, starting approximately 1.5 - 2.8 cm before the exit and continuing on in for another 1 or 2 cm.

This special area with the most rapid absorption is from within the anal canal via its highly vascular mucous membrane that is divided into folds or pillars, known as anal columns above the Pectinate line in the anal canal (see diagram of rectum). Drugs can and will also be absorbed via the walls of the rectum but not at anywhere near the rate afforded by the anal columns.

With most people and standard size 1ml oral syringes the syringe will inserted approximate one half way (or just a little less) and that will be more than precise enough."

Edited by OBEler

On 2/27/2023 at 3:13 PM, Kingston said:

@Sempiternity What's your experiences on 5-MEO in general? Did you have intense fear the first time you tried it?

I've had both. Some easy transition into the light/oneness, and one bufo experience that was the worst experience of my life. Again, the key is to surrender. And to not give up, if you do have a bad experience. Keep going. As Leo says, it can take hundreds of trips to experience Awakening.

Many of the people who post on Erowid are deeply immature, irresponsible degenerates. The bottom of human society and psychological health. Traumatized addicts with miserable lives and no metaphysical or spiritual foundation. They take huge doses in very irresponsible ways.

Of course 5-MeO-DMT will terrorize them.

You shouldn't take 5-MeO-DMT unless you enjoy having your entire reality deconstructed in 10 minutes. Most humans would not enjoy that. You have to be psychologically primed for it.

I find most Erowid trip reports to be extremely misleading. If you think your trips will be as on Erowid, you're in for a surprise. It's best not to take anyone's trip reports too seriously. Just proceed with caution on your own and try small doses on yourself to see how the chemical actually makes you feel.

If I listened to the trip reports found online, I would not have found many of the best chemicals I have found.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.