Verg0

Ayahuasca and Bufo?

11 posts in this topic

Soo, 

a lot of "new age" Ayahuasca retreat centers offer a Bufo Alvarius ceremony in between Ayahuasca drinking days.  That´s actually how I first consumed it. 

After diving a bit into psychedelic literature I have read from many different sources that it can be quite dangerous to combine the MAO-I with the Bufo in a timeframe of 24 hours and it is not recommended. 

It think about joining one of these "new age" retreats again and think about doing the Bufo as well. 

Do you guys have any experiences / knowledge about the safety of this? (Obviously it´s not that dangerous cause otherwise the retreats would stop doing it, but also keeping the possible adverse effects from the harmala alkaloids and 5-MeO-DMT in mind - But I´ve also heard about some Ayahuasa brews containing 5-MeO DMT .... You see, there´s just so much conflicting information out there. O.o

A shaman told me not to do Bufo with Ayahuasca because they are both DMT and it makes the Bufo less effective.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

I attended a similar retreat, day one Ayahuasca in the evening, Bufo day two at 2pm, San pedro day tree in the morning and Ayahuasca in the evening. Completely fine.

Although I redosed San pedro 3 hours before Ayahuasca and they were both active at the same time. It was such a profound experience. Felt like the two combined created a deeper Bufo experience. But that isn’t what you asked for :) 

Just drink a lot of water in between and flush your system and you will be fine. Focus on eating raw fruits and veggies when you are allowed food.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Its an idiotic thing to do.  There is an MAOI inhibitor in Ayahuasca, if that inhibitor is still in your body the result can be fatal.  

Doesn't Bufo contain 5 MEO in it?  

Combining MAOI and 5-MeO can be leathal.

Depends on the order you take them in.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 22.02.2023 at 7:04 PM, Verg0 said:

But I´ve also heard about some Ayahuasa brews containing 5-MeO DMT

Trace amounts, not dangerous. Unless someone is mixing in synthetic drugs with the ayahuasca brew.

5-MeO-DMT shouldn't be consumed around the peak of ayahuasca experience. The 24-hours in-between window is a smart safety measure. Doesn't mean it is going harm you if you don't wait, but is the risk, no matter how slight, really worth it? Because the 5-MeO experience won't be enhanced in any meaningful way let's say 12 hours after aya.

As far as I can tell, the belief that some ayahuasca brews contain 5-MeO-DMT derives from a single several-decades-old report that appears to have been mistaken. The admixture plant being referenced for such claims is Diplopterys cabrerana, aka chaliponga, which is used in some indigenous lineages in place of the far more commonly used plant Psychotria viridis, or chacruna, as the source of N,n-DMT to be combined with the ayahuasca vine and its MAOIs. All recent analyses of Diplopterys cabrerana that I've found have failed to find any 5-MeO-DMT whatsoever, not even trace amounts, in that plant. This includes samples provided by individuals who were absolutely convinced their material was rich in 5-MeO-DMT. What testing has revealed about Diplopterys cabrerana is that it is loaded with N,n-DMT, with far higher concentrations than Psychotria viridis. 

Edited by mattslev
spelling

I had two days aya, one day nothing then bufo last October and had no issues… except I definitely had the runs for a couple days following ?

Aya, bufo and regular DMT all have that pure blissed out vibe for me— different experiences but seem to go together.

I would think as long as your aya trip isn’t too traumatic it would be fine since there’s a day in between.

Don't mix! Why mix? Ayahuasca retreats are intense enough as is, just do that.