Bruins8000

Mortality (Why are things born just to die?)

27 posts in this topic

Why are living things born just to die? Realize I’m talking relatively here- of course ultimately there is only THIS.

Nevertheless- why? Is it just the way it is?

Praise be to God, the Creator of the heavenly dimensions, the astral realm, the underworld and Paradise, there is no god worthy of worship or praise except Him, to Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and earth and underground. He Created the soul and the spirits and the demons and the celestials, and then learned it to His servants so they may be in tranquility. From Him we came, and to Him we shall return.

We will exist after death. This is just the beginning.

Death is an extraordinary event. I think.

May God be with us.

And bring us to a good place, for Evil will want it’s hands on you too.

So I pray now and will pray in my death/bed fully knowing God Hears me, let not my enemies triumph over me, for Thy are my God.

There's no "death", just re-creating/re-becoming. And eternity is partly honored through change in form and is your own will at a higher level you are not conscious of. Your higher self wants to experience through finitude "currently".

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Thing is, with such a question the answer only lies in the absolute domain. Relative domain, as we know, is false. You seek the truth of impermanence so the answer lies in the absolute domain.

The reason things seem impermanent is because you see the world in objects and things. Dualities and distinctions.

With this kind of worldview, impermanence makes no sense. It seems to be just a random principle of the universe, an axiom with no deeper meaning. "Is it just the way it is?"

But if you let go of that worldview of forms and distinctions, it becomes clear that this impermanence was a side effect of creating distinctions. It's because your distinctions are finite and God, which you are trying to divide, is infinite. Ofcourse your distinctions can never last forever. You need to constantly dissolve and create new distinctions because they cannot hold up to the infinitude of God. It's INFINITE. It generates FOREVER! How are you gonna distinguish a finite amount of times and call it a day, ofcourse it would never work.

So with this insight into impermanence, it's easy to see that since 'things' 'beings' 'people' are distinctions within God, ofcourse they can never last. You, the God You, created these distinctions.

If you want an answer in the relative domain, then I don't believe there is an answer. Unless one generates some relative meaning.

Edited by Swarnim

How on earth would life work if there was no death? Evolution wouldn't have gotten to produce anything.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

How on earth would life work if there was no death? Evolution wouldn't have gotten to produce anything.

I get that from a scientific framework.

Are there dimensions/realities (in the relative sense) beyond our comprehension where “forms” subsist forever/don’t die? Maybe beyond time

2 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

Why are living things born just to die?

15 minutes ago, Bruins8000 said:

Are there dimensions/realities (in the relative sense) beyond our comprehension where “forms” subsist forever/don’t die? Maybe beyond time

All forms are transient. Whatever is created must eventually die. Call it the Law of Dualities. The stick always has two ends.

Beyond time is beyond the dualities of birth and death.

All created things are transitory; those who realize this are freed from suffering. This is the path that leads to pure wisdom.

- Dhammapada 20:277

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

All forms are transient. Whatever is created must eventually die. Call it the Law of Dualities. The stick always has two ends.

Beyond time is beyond the dualities of birth and death.

All created things are transitory; those who realize this are freed from suffering. This is the path that leads to pure wisdom.

- Dhammapada 20:277

That just seems limiting and that idea has always given me issues. If THIS is infinite and all powerful there should be zero restrictions or impossibilities, up to and including non-transient forms.

Edited by Bruins8000

16 minutes ago, Bruins8000 said:

That just seems limiting and that idea has always given me issues. If THIS is infinite and all powerful there should be zero restrictions or impossibilities, up to and including non-transient forms.

What do you mean by THIS? If you are referring to the cosmos and everything within it, it is limited by its nature. For example, consider its age. The Big Bang occurred 13.8 billion year ago, so light has only had that much time to travel. The cosmos is currently 93 billion light-years in diameter. Most scientists believe it will eventually reach the limit of its expansion in 65 million years, and collapse upon itself in the Big Crunch.

Mystics have realized the same expansion and collapse of the cosmos, millennia before scientists did.

If by THIS you are referring to ultimate reality, which is beyond the cosmos, it has no dualistic attributes including creation/destruction, transience/intransience, and form/formlessness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

35 minutes ago, Moksha said:

What do you mean by THIS? If you are referring to the cosmos and everything within it, it is limited by its nature. For example, consider its age. The Big Bang occurred 13.8 billion year ago, so light has only had that much time to travel. The cosmos is currently 93 billion light-years in diameter. Most scientists believe it will eventually reach the limit of its expansion in 65 million years, and collapse upon itself in the Big Crunch.

Mystics have realized the same expansion and collapse of the cosmos, millennia before scientists did.

If by THIS you are referring to ultimate reality, which is beyond the cosmos, it has no dualistic attributes including creation/destruction, transience/intransience, and form/formlessness.

I mean THIS i.e the infinite all/“god”

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I might have been a little confusing and unclear before in why I was even pondering this. All in all, it doesn’t really matter to me on a personal level no. It matters to me on how THIS/the all is. If THIS only creates “beings” that must be born and must die- isn’t that kind of unoriginal and boring? It clashes with the idea that THIS is limitless and ultimate/full potential. THIS/the Ultimate can’t imagine a form that doesn’t go through the same old story of being born and dying? That’s what is hanging me up right now

@Bruins8000 If you can do what ever you want? Why not entertain yourself? creation and destruction are both fun. 

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

1 minute ago, EdgeGod900 said:

@Bruins8000 If you can do what ever you want? Why not entertain yourself? creation and destruction are both fun. 

Is that the only possibility though? Creation and destruction? Seems limiting. Or is that maybe just what we experience in our human reality? I have to imagine in some other dimension it could be different. All words in the end- I know 9_9

@Bruins8000 There are other possibilities, but I mean you did say mortality. Mortality is inherently limiting.

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

1 hour ago, EdgeGod900 said:

@Bruins8000 There are other possibilities, but I mean you did say mortality. Mortality is inherently limiting.

What are the other possibilities? 

9 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

Nevertheless- why? Is it just the way it is?

God is infinite, so of course life and death are allowed. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Because it’s nice to change shape. God is around for eternity what a fucking curse it would be to be a cat forever. Thanks God I die!

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Because it’s nice to change shape. God is around for eternity what a fucking curse it would be to be a cat forever. Thanks God I die!

Agreed. Just like how there are an infinite amount of music that can be played.

I used to  only listen to a few bands and genres, but have recently expanded my musical taste exponentially!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI