Bruins8000

Bodies- why?

17 posts in this topic

Why are there bodies? And why are they so inextricably linked to conscious experience? Are they a prerequisite for any experience?

@Bruins8000 

Reality is the formless showing itself in form.

So god wants to represent itself in form.

That is why I think when he creates his avatars he gives them 

a body.

Have an awesome day :)

22 minutes ago, Theplay said:

@Bruins8000 

Reality is the formless showing itself in form.

So god wants to represent itself in form.

That is why I think when he creates his avatars he gives them 

a body.

Have an awesome day :)

Thanks for the reply. I don’t know though.

That seems very “bible creation story”, Genesis-esque to me. I don’t think THIS has desires or wants or needs to show itself in form.

Some states are less attached to "body". It depends.

Anytime "you" want to exist as something, that something must be finite, and it must involve identity with some sort of finite form, and that finite form will become what is called a "body".

59 minutes ago, Bruins8000 said:

And why are they so inextricably linked to conscious experience?

Everything is inextricably linked to conscious experience.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Best to start with the question, What is a body? 

It does seem to me like an essential vehicle for experience, much like there has to be hardware for the computer's software to be installed. I'd also say that the body is an object.

But once again I haven't become conscious of what it is. So grasp what it is for yourself.

When Light waves overlap they create constructive/destructive interference.

Light has a shadow, so to speak, and we call it matter; form.

What, are you afraid of your shadow? There really is nothing there!

There is only Light. You Are Light.

Edited by tuku747

2 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

Why are there bodies? And why are they so inextricably linked to conscious experience?

Bodies are a tool of God for expression. A tool through which God experiences Herself.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

But why? Doesn’t that seem limiting if THIS (infinity) can only perceive through form/bodies? Shouldn’t infinity be able to do anything no matter how outlandish, nonsensical, or completely out of this world?

Feels good to eat and poop

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Feels good to eat and poop

+1

__

I think its a good question @Bruins8000 you posed. Especially --> Why this kind of body, this lifespan, these limitations? 

The body if infinitely complex, a masterpiece, YET limited in profound ways. 

It is also bound by evolution. 

My theory is that we are just the first form which connected to consciousness, we are a early bird alpha version of what consciousness will morph into. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Thanks. It can be confusing to understand.

@Leo Gura your thoughts here? I always appreciate your wisdom/insight.

There is form and structure, that much is apparent. Why? Because awareness itself is formed and structured. Awareness is precisely that which it is aware of. Your body is awareness itself. There's no link, they are both one and the same.

If you like, awareness is modulated by God to have the persistent form of a body thinking it has a point of view. For no particular reason.

Awareness can divide itself in an infinitude of ways, and reform again at will. You both have a body and not. Your body is contiguous with the rest of existence, there are no gaps. The air in your lungs is both you and not you. All this is one flow, and an infinite number of flows at once.

All stories and explanations are false.

On 1/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, Bruins8000 said:

But why? Doesn’t that seem limiting if THIS (infinity) can only perceive through form/bodies? Shouldn’t infinity be able to do anything no matter how outlandish, nonsensical, or completely out of this world?

Really think about what You're asking. Form is just that. Shape. Sounds have shape. Objects have shape. Light-waves have shape. I can't point to anything that isn't form. And yet 99.999999% of me is completely formless.

Perception and form are both words referencing to the same thing: God. There's only ONE and that ONE is You!

Edited by tuku747

@Bruins8000 You are the Soul that chose the body that you are in. The body is empty without a Soul, just a "meat bag". When the body was conceived by your "parents" the Soul, that you are, chose it to "live" in it. And now you are playing an Act , being a part of the huge Play of reality and play like the Ego that you have grown into.

Edited by inFlow
edits

Mahadev

On 14/01/2023 at 3:29 AM, Bruins8000 said:

Why are there bodies? And why are they so inextricably linked to conscious experience? Are they a prerequisite for any experience?

Why are there anything at all ? Its not just the existence of body that you should ponder. It's the existence of everything. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho