Echoes

The Metaphysical Truth Of Law Of Attraction

47 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Telepresent said:

So let the fuck go of any concept of any ideas of any rules that tell you that this is how the world works and that you need to manifest shit to make you feel ok

@Echoes

But why not enjoy the advantages that it can offer? why throw the baby out with the bathwater? Adyashanti once said that he uses it to almost always get a parking lot for example 

@echoes (sorry, my phone: "But isn't the whole point of it that it's always "me" who is manifesting?)

Actually, no. That's the whole argument that I'm making. I may have preferences about how my experience pans out. But the actuality basically never has any thing to do with my personal preference.

I don't live in the world I think I want. Don't make that mistake. But I live in the world I trust

@Telepresent yes, we always cleared that out. It's not about what I want, but what I am. what I am being and sending out to the universe so to speak. wanting would represent a lack

Yes! Absolutely! Use it to your advantage and joy! But so long as you are attached to it, you at not using it. IT is using YOU! You can feel this in the emotion. You might be finding this to be an emotional conversation. For me, it's a bit of a side-piece. Is either of those 'wrong'? No. Filter filter filter

10 hours ago, Echoes said:

Are you saying that it's not possible to heal such diseases with the power of the mind? Or that only enlightened beings can't heal this diseases with the power of the mind, because they don't have the desire to do this anymore? But then why do they let doctors make surgery on them.

Enlightened beings have no mind, what they do is existence doing through them, what they speak is existence speaking through them. 

The state of enlightenment is not the state of individuality. There is no person in it. One who is enlightened is enlightened only because he is not; there is nobody to function. Activity continues, but there is nobody to do it.

An enlightened person is one with the whole; the whole functions through him.

There is nobody to hinder, there is nobody to obstruct.

10 hours ago, Echoes said:

But then why do they let doctors make surgery on them.

Not necessarily, It happened in Buddha’s life: he was once accidentally poisoned, it was food-poisoning, but it was an accident. A poor man had been waiting for many days to invite Buddha to his house. So Buddha went.

What had that man done? In Bihar and in other poor parts of India, people gather many things in the rainy season; whatsoever comes up and sprouts on the earth they gather. A sort of flower, the kukarmutta – a white umbrella-shaped plant (mushroom) that comes in the rainy season – they gather it, dry it and keep it for the whole year. That is their only vegetable – but sometimes it goes poisonous. So that man had gathered kukarmutta for Buddha. He had dried and prepared it, but when Buddha started eating it was poisonous, it was very bitter. But that was the only vegetable the man had prepared, and if Buddha had said, ”This is bitter and I cannot eat it,” he would have been hurt because he had nothing else. So Buddha went on eating and he never mentioned that it was bitter and poisonous. And the man was very happy. Buddha came back and the poison started working. This was his last food, he could have avoided it. 

11 hours ago, Echoes said:

But doesn't the universe love everything? I can't imagine that distinctions or judgements are made. "This I will grant you! This not!" doesn't it also love egoic wishes? If everything is love, egoic fantasys should also be love.

(I'm not an expert, so this is mostly speculation on my part)
It does, and all things are love, even egoic fantasies but egoic fantasies are the equivalent of a double bind - if you ask for something from the Universe, you need to give something back.  Everything is a feedback loop.  The Universe speaks the language of love, so the farther you are from it, the more distorted the communication.

It's like a kid asking for Christmas presents: "I want a pony, and I want a Malibu Barbie mansion, and I want a puppy, I want I want I want I want."  It's one-sided, there's no connection for the Universe to speak to you through.  So when you cultivate energy through the heart, and then speak your truth - the Universe has something to work with.  There's an exchange.

Law of Attraction.
Attract the Universe first.
Here.
"Thus, the essence of a double bind is two conflicting demands, each on a different logical level, neither of which can be ignored or escaped. This leaves the subject torn both ways, so that whichever demand they try to meet, the other demand cannot be met. "I must do it, but I can't do it" is a typical description of the double-bind experience.
Conflicts in communication are common and often we ask "What do you mean?" or seek clarification in other ways. This is called meta-communication: communication about the communication.[5] Sometimes, asking for clarification is impossible. Communication difficulties in ordinary life often occur when meta-communication and feedback systems are lacking or inadequate or there isn't enough time for clarification."

So if your subconscious desires something that is different from an egoic desire, the Universe will naturally want to grant what the nonegoic self wants - but if the egoic self is asking for something that goes against what one truly wants, it's a double bind for the Universe to grant you something that leads you further from your true self.  It's all about that flow.
If the Universe could sing to you, it would want to bring you closer.  Through the heart.  Truth.  Does that make sense? :3 

Edited by Whywolf

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

Enlightened beings have no mind, what they do is existence doing through them, what they speak is existence speaking through them. 

The state of enlightenment is not the state of individuality. There is no person in it. One who is enlightened is enlightened only because he is not; there is nobody to function. Activity continues, but there is nobody to do it.

An enlightened person is one with the whole; the whole functions through him.

There is nobody to hinder, there is nobody to obstruct.

Not necessarily, It happened in Buddha’s life: he was once accidentally poisoned, it was food-poisoning, but it was an accident. A poor man had been waiting for many days to invite Buddha to his house. So Buddha went.

What had that man done? In Bihar and in other poor parts of India, people gather many things in the rainy season; whatsoever comes up and sprouts on the earth they gather. A sort of flower, the kukarmutta – a white umbrella-shaped plant (mushroom) that comes in the rainy season – they gather it, dry it and keep it for the whole year. That is their only vegetable – but sometimes it goes poisonous. So that man had gathered kukarmutta for Buddha. He had dried and prepared it, but when Buddha started eating it was poisonous, it was very bitter. But that was the only vegetable the man had prepared, and if Buddha had said, ”This is bitter and I cannot eat it,” he would have been hurt because he had nothing else. So Buddha went on eating and he never mentioned that it was bitter and poisonous. And the man was very happy. Buddha came back and the poison started working. This was his last food, he could have avoided it. 

UNBELIEVABLE! You are totally plagiarizing Osho from start to finish!  Your taking Osho"s quotes and excerpts and trying to make others think they are yours. Simple internet search and your busted.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

5 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Your taking Osho"s quotes and excerpts and trying to make others think they are yours. Simple internet search and your busted.

Don't worry, most of the people on this forum know that I post everything from Osho. Thanks for popularizing him. 

38 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Don't worry, most of the people on this forum know that I post everything from Osho. Thanks for popularizing him. 

Really?? And just "how" are you so sure that they know? You don't use "quotes" and you don't name the original author? 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Anna1 said:

Really?? And just "how" are you so sure that they know? You don't use "quotes" and you don't name the original author? 

I have told this fact many times on this forum any to many others who talk directly to me on personal messenger.

28 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

I have told this fact many times on this forum any to many others who talk directly to me on personal messenger.

It's one thing to say your inspired by Osho and his writing or something to this effect (using a short phrase, here or there, which should still be in quotes), it's quite another to have all your posts be his "actual" word for word writings.

What would you think of someone who used biblical quotes from Jesus (word for word) on all their posts, trying to pass it off as their own material? It would be ridiculous and that's exactly what you are doing...why can't you see this? Not like I'm saying Osho is/was the same status as Jesus. I'm just making a point here.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Whywolf

2 hours ago, Whywolf said:

(I'm not an expert, so this is mostly speculation on my part)
It does, and all things are love, even egoic fantasies but egoic fantasies are the equivalent of a double bind - if you ask for something from the Universe, you need to give something back.  Everything is a feedback loop.  The Universe speaks the language of love, so the farther you are from it, the more distorted the communication.

It's like a kid asking for Christmas presents: "I want a pony, and I want a Malibu Barbie mansion, and I want a puppy, I want I want I want I want."  It's one-sided, there's no connection for the Universe to speak to you through.  So when you cultivate energy through the heart, and then speak your truth - the Universe has something to work with.  There's an exchange.

Law of Attraction.
Attract the Universe first.
Here.
"Thus, the essence of a double bind is two conflicting demands, each on a different logical level, neither of which can be ignored or escaped. This leaves the subject torn both ways, so that whichever demand they try to meet, the other demand cannot be met. "I must do it, but I can't do it" is a typical description of the double-bind experience.
Conflicts in communication are common and often we ask "What do you mean?" or seek clarification in other ways. This is called meta-communication: communication about the communication.[5] Sometimes, asking for clarification is impossible. Communication difficulties in ordinary life often occur when meta-communication and feedback systems are lacking or inadequate or there isn't enough time for clarification."

So if your subconscious desires something that is different from an egoic desire, the Universe will naturally want to grant what the nonegoic self wants - but if the egoic self is asking for something that goes against what one truly wants, it's a double bind for the Universe to grant you something that leads you further from your true self.  It's all about that flow.
If the Universe could sing to you, it would want to bring you closer.  Through the heart.  Truth.  Does that make sense? :3 

Hi @Whywolf   I would love to hear more information about your perspective of the law of attraction, and your studies.  I'm currently being divinely guided to study the law of attraction and I was wondering if you could recommend any specific books or reading material to further my knowledge.  Thank you! :)

1 minute ago, Anna1 said:

I'm just making a point here.

Osho said that,"Things can be copyrighted, thoughts cannot be copyrighted. They are not things of the marketplace."

"Nobody can monopolize anything. But perhaps the West cannot understand the difference between an objective commodity and an inner experience."

5 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

all your posts be his "actual" word for word writings.

Like most of the fully enlightened masters, his language is poetic, its impact is deep on the people who are receptive. His discourse are tools not for teaching you something , but to give a glimpse of meditation.

8 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Osho said that,"Things can be copyrighted, thoughts cannot be copyrighted. They are not things of the marketplace."

None the less they are copyrighted (see below)- 

Copyright© 2015, OSHO International Foundation

First Publication Copyright© 1953, OSHO International Foundation. 
Copyright© - all revisions 1953-2015 OSHO International Foundation. 
All Rights Reserved.

OSHO International Foundation is the sole and registered owner of all of the copyrights to all the published and unpublished words and works of Osho, as author in all mediums, including audio, video, electronic, multimedia, and written forms, which were the sole original works created by the Author, as well as photographs of the Author, and is the owner of the copyright to various derivative works and other writings, music, art, and other products created or otherwise associated with the Author.

The word "copyright" means the entire copyright and design right, visual rights, sound recording rights, and any and all analogous rights subsisting under international treaties and the laws of each and every jurisdiction throughout the world.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 Osho had some interesting things to say about owning, distributing, and protecting His work. 

I am utterly empty.
If there is any truth in my words, that truth comes out of my emptiness. It does not belong to me, I am just a passage. I allow existence to connect with you – and it is possible only if I am absolutely empty. (Sermons in Stone, Chapter 15)

Just now there is an exhibition going on in the Soviet Union. I have sannyasins in the Soviet Union; of course, they have to remain underground – they cannot declare that they are sannyasins – but there are a large number of sannyasins. Our stall of books is overcrowded; it is the most successful stall even in Russia. But the people don't have money, so they are stealing books. I have informed my people, "Don't pay any attention – let them steal. At least those books will reach to millions of people, and if you catch somebody red-handed, just tell him, ‘I'm not against stealing; what can you do if you don't have any money? Just keep one thing in mind: When you have read it, pass it on. That is the price.” (The Great Pilgrimage: From Here to Here, Chapter 12) 

I just watched this video on the subject and I enjoyed it. Wanting to share it here:

@Anna1 @Prabhaker

I listened to many Osho Discourses when I was younger So I recognise his writing immediately and At first, when I read Prabhakar Osho answers it bothered me as well that he doesn't cite the source, That some people think it's his wisdom when It's in fact not his. But now I think that it's kinda nice that there in no source, after all, what does it matters who said it, as long as it helps people? Maybe Prabhakar ego benefits from it but that's his problem.
And some people resent Osho so when they see it's his words they will resist the words and won't profit from them, so maybe it's better this way? I dunno :) 

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

1 hour ago, Vercingetorix said:

@Anna1 @Prabhaker

I listened to many Osho Discourses when I was younger So I recognise his writing immediately and At first, when I read Prabhakar Osho answers it bothered me as well that he doesn't cite the source, That some people think it's his wisdom when It's in fact not his. But now I think that it's kinda nice that there in no source, after all, what does it matters who said it, as long as it helps people? Maybe Prabhakar ego benefits from it but that's his problem.
And some people resent Osho so when they see it's his words they will resist the words and won't profit from them, so maybe it's better this way? I dunno :) 

Perhaps, it's the college English classes I took and many research papers I did. Where you could not duplicate, not even a sentence (word for word) without citing the orginal source. Of course, a forum is not a research paper, but an entire post plagerized? And this is being done over and over by him on this forum. I just think its wrong, on many levels. 

People posting back to him, as if he wrote what he posted...lol. Then, he searches for more more Osho quotes to post back...What a joke! Absolutely no integrity.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Budha i read(Mahaaparinibbaana-sutta) died of eating pork. Ha, I wonder how Osho made pork to a Mushroom. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi