Someone here

Why do I see from my eyes and not yours? Why am I me and not you?(answered )

171 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Solipsism is thinking that the perceptions you associate with your human experience are absolute and that there is nothing beyond them. But there is something beyond your perceptions: it's consciousness.

The solipsists thinks: "there are some perceptions present: my body, which feels like it's at "the center"; an environment, which surrounds my body; and some other bodies in that environment. No other bodies can be at the center, because that is how it appears".

That is a mistake. The feeling that your body is "at the center" is an illusion. You can prove this by witnessing your current body disappear and remaining as pure consciousness. Then, "the center" is just seen as pure infinite void. You can also smoke salvia and become a window, or have various types of out-of-body experiences. So if "the center" can be decoupled from your body, then you can't attribute "the center" to your body in the first place. In reality, all bodies are at the center (and not at the center at the same time).

Then why doesn’t Leo agree with this? Isn’t he more experienced than you?

Also, what he says (and Quantum Mechanics validates this) is that when you become a window then only at that moment are you the window and once you are back as your body then you’re just the body and the window is just a story, because it’s always NOW. So the window only exists when you’re imagining being it and only then, and this is carried over to other people. If you’re not aware of being them then they’re just holograms with no internal experience. 

20 minutes ago, michaelcycle00 said:

Then why doesn’t Leo agree with this? Isn’t he more experienced than you?

He actually agrees with me. The problem is that he culturally appropriates the term, giving it a different meaning than most people are familiar with. That is partially why he took down the solipsism video and stopped talking much about it, because he experienced such a huge backlash from many people on the forum. The word "solipsism" is overwhelmingly associated with a Western idea with Western assumptions, and it's blatantly obvious when looking at the amount of confusion about what Leo really means. It's socially irresponsible to culturally appropriate a well-established word in this way, especially something like solipsism which is an existential minefield.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

23 minutes ago, michaelcycle00 said:

If you’re not aware of being them then they’re just holograms with no internal experience. 

So what is telepathy? What is empathy even? How can you pick up on people's internal experiences and experience something as if you were them? Is that just a hoax your brain performs for no reason, or are you actually getting a taste of how it's like to be them?

@Carl-Richard I don't think Solipsism is grounded in thought or a body. To me, in the way I use it is referring to the Absolute Sovereign consciousness. Absolute Truth, the one Consciousness. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Carl-Richard I don't think Solipsism is grounded in thought or a body. To me, in the way I use it is referring to the Absolute Sovereign consciousness. Absolute Truth, the one Consciousness. 

Then you're complicit in the cultural appropriation. Ask any person outside of this forum what solipsism means.

@Carl-Richard That's nonsense. 

First of all, most people don't know what it is. 

Literally do a google search, "bucko"TM

I did for you:

PHILOSOPHY

the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

"solipsism is an idealist thesis because ‘Only my mind exists’ entails ‘Only minds exist’"

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Carl-Richard That's nonsense. 

First of all, most people don't know what it is. 

Ask people who claim to know what it means. You don't actually have to go outside the forum though. Just ask @michaelcycle00

17 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

"solipsism is an idealist thesis because ‘Only my mind exists’ entails ‘Only minds exist’"

The Western notion of "mind" (and "self") is flimsy, and most people are not able to distinguish between perceptions and consciousness.

The confusion with the term "solipsism" appears because it refers to something people don't fully understand, which is "mind" and "self".

Similar to someone saying "God" and then from that someone inferring a bearded man in the sky. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Carl-Richard Sure, but a simple google proves you wrong 

◭"89"

@Someone here look for other actualized members here from india. maybe they know something.

there is always a way to access psychedelics without getting in trouble with the law, we have the year 2023.

Just now, Thought Art said:

@Carl-Richard Sure, but a simple google proves you wrong 

Proves what wrong?

On 04.01.2023 at 10:30 AM, Someone here said:

And today ..I'm finally able to find the answer to this question for myself. How ? Well,I noticed a very strange and unexplainable thing (and also it was somewhat frightening): I am “the center” of perception, “the center” of consciousness, “the center” of self-awareness. That was not anyone else but me. It made me feel as I was a very special, a very unique human being on the whole Earth.Why me? How come I was born such an unusual creature, not like anyone else?

But on the other hand, I already understood that no one would believe I was special if I dared to tell it to anybody. So, I kept my “discovery” in a deep secret. And, frankly speaking, it did not feel that bad at all to be the unique center of perceptionBut I realized I would probably never find any explanation to that fact - and it was depressing.

I am the center of perception in the Universe.

I highly suggest continuing and changing your contemplation as soon as possible.

Instead of asking 'Why am I me?' which assumes that the sense of being a separate self is true, ask 'How do the sense of me arises in my mind' or 'What is this 'I' sensation I cling to?' or 'Who am I'? until you realize the 'unique center of perception' in any form is an illusory construct of your mind.

There is no self in reality. You just feel like that and it is also why you crave so much as a human and are such an attached being. It is all interconnected. The answers will make sense with more practice, meditation and contemplation.

Great work.

Much love,

Edited by ardacigin

On 5/1/2023 at 3:05 PM, Someone here said:

I actually want to move to the US. But I couldn't figure out my way to the Green Card yet .

Well you want to move to the hardest country that's funny. 

16 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Experience the cessation of all perceptions, of the "center" of consciousness falling away, and see through the illusion of solipsism.

Firstly, I hear that term mentioned a lot in the forum. the term “cessation.” I am personally very skeptical about the use of this term because it is not a scientific term and bears a very vague definition of itself. What is the cessation? Well, in terms of neuroscience, perhaps our minds are our cognitions or streams of consciousness, but even these terms are not defined in a quantitative sense either, so it’s really difficult to know what we’re talking about when one brings up this discussion of “cessation.”

From a philosophical standpoint(which I think is the necessary one in this situation)  it is likely that you are afraid of the philosophical implications of solipsism . You are simply denying it from an emotional standpoint and not from a rational standpoint.  Because from a rational standpoint it is more obvious than obvious that  your direct experience I'd the only thing that exists.
analyze your situation. You are likely afraid that you are the only existent being within a universe that only exists within your mind, as this is the technical definition of solipsism. First, you know that you exist because you have conscious awareness of your thoughts and have logically considered what it means for other people not to exist. So we can surely agree that you exist, based on this logic.
Solipsism is the only worldview that makes sense.  The reason people don’t believe it is that we can infer nothing useful from it. It’s a one-stop deadend.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

17 hours ago, Understander said:

Have you read your country's drug laws?

Being illegal doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't do it.

Have you considered all of the cases successfully getting it?

16 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

These are just excuses, you’re not gonna get sent to jail for buying psilocybin spores and the sites that sell these are extremely discreet as well. The shipping company workers aren’t gonna open a perfectly normal looking package out of the other thousands that they receive daily. Or put you in jail for some mushroom spores they couldn’t even prove are “hallucinogenic” in the first place. Lol, that doesn’t even happen in developed countries let alone India. And in the one in a million case scenario it did, you just hand one of the workers say a $50 bill (probably less) and you’re good to go… it’s India after all. 

No I'm not making excuses.  If I had access to psychedelics I would definitely use them . But I looked and its just prohibited in all Indian cities. 

Even Street drugs in India, especially synthetics are always of dubious authenticity. I only have one option : buying online and getting them delivered if possible. Otherwise the only place i have a slight chance of getting something nice is Delhi or Bangalore.  I looked in Mumbai ..and its absolute shit 99% of the time.

-Osho

10 hours ago, ardacigin said:

I highly suggest continuing and changing your contemplation as soon as possible.

Instead of asking 'Why am I me?' which assumes that the sense of being a separate self is true, ask 'How do the sense of me arises in my mind' or 'What is this 'I' sensation I cling to?' or 'Who am I'? until you realize the 'unique center of perception' in any form is an illusory construct of your mind.

There is no self in reality. You just feel like that and it is also why you crave so much as a human and are such an attached being. It is all interconnected. The answers will make sense with more practice, meditation and contemplation.

Great work.

Much love,

There might not be "separate " self in reality .I will grant you that . But there is infinite SELF or Self with a Capital  S. And that is everything that exists . You believe that the universe exists ,right ? Now let me ask you a simple tricky question..where does the universe exist ? 

Do you exist inside the universe or does the universe exist inside you ? If you pay attention you will notice that the entire universe takes place within your consciousness.  Including your body and what we call the external world..they both exist within consciousness. Evident by if you close your eyes the universe will be gone temporarily. And if you fall asleep, the whole universe collapses . So it's clear that everything is a figment of your consciousness. I didn't find any strong counterpoint against this line of reasoning. But if you disagree..please go ahead and explain to me where I'm incorrect. 

Much love too ❤. 

-Osho

11 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Someone here look for other actualized members here from india. maybe they know something.

there is always a way to access psychedelics without getting in trouble with the law, we have the year 2023.

And how should I know who's from India here? Do you suggest to make a survey (open a thread asking if any Indian fella are here ..show yourself). I think it's a good idea :)

-Osho

9 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Well you want to move to the hardest country that's funny. 

Why it's the hardest?  Have you been to America before ? I heard that you have to have a consistent job or studying in one of US universities to get the licence..but I'm not sure .

Anyways I'm doing my research these days and will see what will happen . 

Going to to America is one of my greatest dreams. 

-Osho

41 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Firstly, I hear that term mentioned a lot in the forum. the term “cessation.” I am personally very skeptical about the use of this term because it is not a scientific term and bears a very vague definition of itself. What is the cessation? Well, in terms of neuroscience, perhaps our minds are our cognitions or streams of consciousness, but even these terms are not defined in a quantitative sense either, so it’s really difficult to know what we’re talking about when one brings up this discussion of “cessation.”

Cessation is just another term for the pure consciousness mystical experience, or ego death, or samadhi, or awakening, where all sense perceptions disappear. There exists neural correlates for this (the Default Mode Network is a very good one).

41 minutes ago, Someone here said:

From a philosophical standpoint(which I think is the necessary one in this situation)  it is likely that you are afraid of the philosophical implications of solipsism . You are simply denying it from an emotional standpoint and not from a rational standpoint.  Because from a rational standpoint it is more obvious than obvious that  your direct experience I'd the only thing that exists.
analyze your situation. You are likely afraid that you are the only existent being within a universe that only exists within your mind, as this is the technical definition of solipsism. First, you know that you exist because you have conscious awareness of your thoughts and have logically considered what it means for other people not to exist. So we can surely agree that you exist, based on this logic.
Solipsism is the only worldview that makes sense.  The reason people don’t believe it is that we can infer nothing useful from it. It’s a one-stop deadend.

No. I think it's nonsensical. To call yourself a solipsist, you have to conflate sense perceptions with pure consciousness. Pure consciousness is in its most fundamental form devoid of all qualities, and all qualities arise within it. To look at an other person and think "that person is nothing like me" is such a juvenile way of approaching reality, it's ridiculous. You are not the person you think you are. The person is just sense perceptions. To think that you are the only person that truly exists is ludicrous. If this is an inaccurate characterization of your views, stop using the solipsism term to describe your views.

Edited by Carl-Richard