Ulax

Anyone MGTOW here?

39 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Ulax said:

So, you, to my mind, would be in the rabbit hole of taking arbitrary definitions as objectively true definitions. That was my intended point.

Getting a bit too abstract for the conversation I think. MGTOW does exist as a specific community with specific ideologies, that's just the reality of it. Again it is not just some generic idea of "not dating for awhile".

22 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@thepixelmonk Nope.

But that definition is just someone's definition, I see it differently.

I could write a definition of pixel monk that saw that phrase as misogynist and then ask you the same question.

If you see it differently then call it something different instead of calling it MGTOW, which has all of the above connotations.

Don't be the dickhead who uses a commonly accepted term to mean something different than how everyone else uses it, and then gets angry when you're misunderstood

@thepixelmonk I still disagree with you on an abstract level.

But I think i get part of the point your making. I think it would be a bit irresponsible to identify as MGTOW because most would assume I'm part of a certain ideology.

I'll be UDHOT (Ulax doing his own thing) from now on.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

2 minutes ago, Ulax said:

I'll be UDHOT (Ulax doing his own thing) from now on.

hahah there we go

If you see it differently then call it something different instead of calling it MGTOW, which has all of the above connotations.

Don't be the dickhead who uses a commonly accepted term to mean something different than how everyone else uses it, and then gets angry when you're misunderstood

Yeah pretty much this.

Edited by thepixelmonk

3 minutes ago, something_else said:

@something_else I have repented sire

Be-Do-Have

As an attempt to maybe get back to the OP, I've been in various relationships constantly through my life ever since my college days, but at the moment I am taking a few years off to work on myself, so you could say I'm in a similar situation.

Edited by thepixelmonk

@Ulax I mean if you allow me to argue that point, you have to take subjectivity on good faith at a certain point. If someone has an agreed upon and logical definition then you can say nothing is defined and you can use whatever definition you want but I'd say that's just bad faith epistemology. 

Edited by LordFall

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

@LordFall I agree.

And I have now repented for my sins

Be-Do-Have

I have a theory that most mgtow guys aren't choosing to go their own way, they just can't get any success with dating so they make it seem like they're choosing. You can only choose if you actually have both options. 

It's like the Chris Rock joke, you can't boycott something you weren't invited to, he says 'I can't just boycott getting into Rhiannas pants, I wasn't invited!' 

Saying that there's value in working on yourself, do that until you have got a choice and then go from there 

8 minutes ago, Consept said:

I have a theory that most mgtow guys aren't choosing to go their own way, they just can't get any success with dating so they make it seem like they're choosing.

This is exactly it lmao.

18 minutes ago, Consept said:

I have a theory that most mgtow guys aren't choosing to go their own way, they just can't get any success with dating so they make it seem like they're choosing.

"I could fuck a lot of women if I wanted to, but I am a sigmamale"

@Consept I agree

Be-Do-Have

I should change my title to. Because I don't hate men. So it's not WGTOW. it's simply "nun phase." 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

It’s fine to take time off from dating or even not want to date at all if you really choose. But as a community and ideology, MGTOW is toxic. It’s basically just a spinoff of redpill guys who felt they were so redpill that they didn’t need women. Avoid it.

I'm not sure I would consider myself to be a part of any ideology around dating but I'm definitely not at a point in my life where I'm pursuing any relationships, because I am very focused on creating a good life for myself. Eventually I'll be ready to step into that whole conquest of finding a partner, just not right now. It seems like dudes who are in this same phase of life tend to internalize it and think it means they're ugly or something. Not the case, I think they just need more time to cultivate desirable traits (solid mental and emotional state, lucrative career, physical fitness, etc.). These are the factions of life I'm currently working on boosting to increase my options in the dating market when I choose to dive into that. 

nah id love a girlfriend but i have very obscure interests so i dont really know who i'd be compatible with

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

On 12/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, Consept said:

I have a theory that most mgtow guys aren't choosing to go their own way, they just can't get any success with dating so they make it seem like they're choosing. You can only choose if you actually have both options. 

The incel community calls that “MSTOW” men sent their own way. Many incels will resort to calling themselves mgtow as a cope for the fact that they really have no choice in the matter. You can only be mgtow with plenty of prior dating experience both because you need to see firsthand what you’re opting out of and why and because the definition doesn’t even fit if you can’t get any in the first place. 

On 12/10/2022 at 2:01 AM, aurum said:

MGTOW is toxic

It certainly can be, just as any community can. But at its core I believe mgtow is important for men. True mgtow isn’t about hating women, that’s the incel community. Mgtow is needed to protect against the horrors of divorce rape and false accusations. Those are the main two as far as I understand.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:01 AM, thepixelmonk said:

MGTOW overlaps with the alt-right and white supremacist movements

That’s all I need to know wiki has no idea what it’s talking about. One of the founding fathers of mgtow is a black dude and mgtow is huge within the black community as a whole. It has nothing to do with race.

12 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

True mgtow isn’t about hating women, that’s the incel community.

I would consider “true MGTOW” to simply be the recognition of the importance of working on yourself for men. But you can easily understand that without all the toxic elements.

When a huge percentage of your community is toxic, it doesn’t really much matter if there is supposedly a higher ideal that you are aiming for. Your community is still toxic.

13 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

But at its core I believe mgtow is important for men.

It’s not.

13 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Mgtow is needed to protect against the horrors of divorce rape and false accusations.

You can protect against these things without subscribing to a reactionary ideology filled with casual misogyny and alt-right nonsense.