Rasheed

Meditation is not what I thought it was...

32 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura so do you advise people to keep meditating for one hour a day or do you think it's a waste of time ? 

Depends on the person. If you're completely obsessed, you'll get very far.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

In Kundalini Yoga, each Kriya learned should be followed by 40 days of practice in a row. Almost each Kriya ends in meditation, often in very uncomfortable body positions that you should remain for 20, 30, or 40 mins. This is connected with chanting mantras and breathing techniques. When you somehow manage to distance yourself from the continuous ego-mind narrative, then a few things happen quite often as I talk to my fellow practitioners:

- gradual detachment from the body - up to complete out-of-body experience,

- beingness - out of time and space - literally unspeakable,

- experiencing ever-present kind of electric current flow of energy,

- weird experiences from(?), I don't know, past? Like once, I had the experience of being a bee floating above/inside a flower... The sense of ever-present aliveness and lightness was overwhelming, and it wasn't easy to return to so-called reality,

- sometimes, large amounts of energy are created that raise temperature of water in bowls,

- visions of sharp fractal structures that shift their shape to emerge some familiar faces, landscapes...

3 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Carl-Richard dude i literally said "one hour a day" is meditating one hour a day for years a waste of time or not ?

I wasn't speaking to you. But yes, that also depends on the person. I did that for a certain period and it wasn't a waste.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Majed It’s not a waste depending on your goals. 

It just won’t bring you, by itself to the highest realizations 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I should add that I have found the Kundalini Kriya techniques extremely turbo effective. They work really quickly if you adapt to the practice, accept the initial significant pain and discomfort, which gradually becomes less annoying as you practice, and recognize the mechanism that adds fuel to the fire in you...

2 hours ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura so do you advise people to keep meditating for one hour a day or do you think it's a waste of time ? 

Try it and see how it works for you.

You need some kind of regular spiritual practice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Meditation and psychedelic drugs can also disrupt the habitual patterns of perceiving and over thinking...... essentially it can be noticed how much the mind is like a conditioned runaway hamster wheel, constantly judging, putting things in boxes and attempting to predict outcomes!

It's actually funny when this starts becoming obvious.

I would say that if it's recognized that meditation and psychedelic drugs have nothing to do with a real someone becoming liberated, then it didn't hurt anything!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 11/25/2022 at 5:39 AM, axiom said:

@Rasheed The belief that you can do something to get somewhere, and that some type of extreme practice is what is needed to awaken is exactly what keeps people from awakening.

In the same way, the massive focus these days on mental health / identity is the very thing that makes people so unhappy.

Noone can awaken from the dream of seeking a better experience if all they do is seek a better experience. 

But the same logic applies to 5MEO insofar as it becomes a preoccupation or a religion.

As such, any notion of intense practice or intense commitment being necessary is complete nonsense. More often than not, this strengthens and reinforces the dream by lending credence to it.

^ I mostly agree with this, enlightenment is not a destination, its a realization. The whole game is to see behind the illusion. The illusion is entirely conceptual. This is why deconstruction is so important, you need to stop projecting symbology, meaning, basically identity onto reality. Once your entire conceptual framework has been seen through as the illusion then you will stop constructing duality. Duality is just a mental construction. So deconstruct your construction, until you can see you are constructing it, and you meditate to center the mind and disallow it its normal stickiness that it loves to engage in. So you don't identity through the stickiness (meditation), and you don't believe the constructs (thoughts that are arising), do this enough....and eventually you will just ARRIVE....you will realize that your ordinary existence....by default is peaceful.

THEN at this state you will default always be peaceful, but let's say you want some bliss? Then you allow yourself to feel into what ever emotion arises, but you don't identify with it. Now you can generate bliss, but you don't need it, it can come and go as it pleases and you are always at peace. That's it. Anything else someone is telling you....is complete and utter bullshit lol.

So I hear a lot of people say you can't reach it through a process....you can actually. Because being asleep is a constant process. You aren't just asleep, you KEEP yourself asleep through constantly deceiving yourself. Enlightenment is just the process of stop believing your own magic tricks. Stop being the kid at the magic show...constantly trying to figure out the trick. Just admit you don't know how the trick is being done and you don't need to know. 

As long as you desire meaning and purpose....you will always be a ME, I don't give a damn if you deconstruct forever, or meditate forever. The only desire you should have...is to just be. When you desire to just BE, and that is your only desire....then and ONLY then you are becoming in alignment. What is reality? All that is. Being. Oneness. Existence. Unconditional Love. So when you desire to just BE, then....you are in alignment. 

Life is just a playground of being that the ego takes too seriously and it is because it forgot what it was. Then it spends its entire life miserable trying to obtain what it is. It runs around chasing its tail, until it realizes ....wow....I thought I was a dog...but I am actually God. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

If you want to experience enligthenment from meditation you have to be all in. 

Meaning, the experiences I had came when I decided I was going to live for consciousness. All day aware of awareness, cutting all shit out and basically meditating all day long when in home. Repeat that for a month everyday. Be willing to die psychologicaly and physically even if you dont, only be willing. 

Thats how intense your love and desire for God should be. Only then he will naturally reveal itself to you. He is very subtle and is not for the arrogant. You need to humble that ego down. 

Psychedelics will show you God but wont let you stay there with him. Nothing feels better than having God consciousness flowing through you all day. But that only comes when your cup is empty. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

There is no universal path to enlightenment. Meditation is an ancient practice that can lead to profound spiritual insights and, more importantly, help dissolve attachments to the conditioned mind. Still, it isn't claimed to be a cure-all.

It is like circling a diamond (Consciousness) and realizing its beauty from different angles. Four pathways spoken of in the spiritual texts are: karma yoga (selfless action), jnana yoga (knowledge through renunciation), bhakti yoga (devotion), and raja yoga (meditation). Try them all and see how well each works for you.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.