Someone here

What inventions you like to see In the future?

13 posts in this topic

What do you think will be invented in the next 100 years? Or maybe a little bit more.  Science has progressed exponentially in the last 100 years . I want to see Wireless electricity, Human teleportation, Converting ocean water into fresh water,Fully equipped virtual realities VR, self-aware AI, cure for cancer (so that I could smoke all day without worrying about my health ?)..

What about you ?

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Trauma and neurosis detector – a handheld device which scans for sources of inner conflict and prescribes you a treatment method or solution. Works on anything from feeling bummed out by the weather to repressed memories of childhood abuse.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Trauma and neurosis detector – a handheld device which scans for sources of inner conflict and prescribes you a treatment method or solution. Works on anything from feeling bummed out by the weather to repressed memories of childhood abuse.

Could you explain why ? Did you get abused as a child?  Do you suffer from unsettled trauma? 

I think it's a good idea for invention .but that will require hard work from both engineers, psychologists,and physicists .

But I don't believe such a thing will be possible in our lifetime or in this whole century. 

Also consider...many people would rather retain their trauma… almost as a sense of identity, or be stuck in trying to make the trauma un-happen, or be stuck in blame and anger and seeking vindication, if not vengeance.

Some people may even hold onto their trauma as a reason/excuse they cannot advance in their life.

It’s hard to move forward when you are stuck in the past.

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Could you explain why ? Did you get abused as a child?  Do you suffer from unsettled trauma? 

Not as I know. But a device that can fix mental problems is what we need for the future.

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But I don't believe such a thing will be possible in our lifetime or in this whole century. 

Based on what?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Based on what?

Like I said  Because its gonna require the work of engineers and physicists and psychologists as well.

science advances, most likely, but not for a while. Well I guess it already has, , if there is no brain there would be no mental illness. But besides that there’s not much else besides drugs like depression and schizophrenia meds. But as far as I know, that’s about it.

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Like I said  Because its gonna require the work of engineers and physicists and psychologists as well.

science advances, most likely, but not for a while. Well I guess it already has, , if there is no brain there would be no mental illness. But besides that there’s not much else besides drugs like depression and schizophrenia meds. But as far as I know, that’s about it.

It's quite the tame suggestion compared to your original ones of literal teleportation and self-aware general intelligence lol.

A device that will allow someone to turn off or on specific brain regions.

The ability to turn off the default mode network is extremely useful and will augment meditation.

The ability to turn off the fear centre of the brain.

The ability to turn off all stress responses. Keeping the body in the parasympathetic state at all times.

We live in a society of chronic stress, technology that solves stress Will be life-changing.

State is everything. A technology like this will have profound effects on one’s creativity and quality of life.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

AI depth psychotherapy

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

AI Universe Simulator, Digital Avatars, Brain Machine Interfaces, Omniscient Nanorobots, Downloading Skills.

Wireless electricity

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/128771848/wireless-electricity-for-the-masses-could-become-a-reality-thanks-to-kiwi-startup

Converting ocean water into fresh water

https://news.mit.edu/2022/portable-desalination-drinking-water-0428

cure for cancer

The number of cancer survivors is projected to increase by 24.4% by 2032

Also you can't really look at cancer as a single disease, it varies a lot depending on where in the body you get it. Testicular cancer is already 95% curable, 98% if caught early. Other cancers have below 10% survival even if you catch them early.

If you've thought of a possible invention, chances are someone's already at least partway to making it a reality. The mindblowing future inventions are the technologies that are 20+ years out because they're so groundbreaking that it's hard to even conceive of them at this point in human development. Or they rely on other tech that hasn't been invented yet.

A machine that can reverse the physical effects of any disease. For example if you have lost hair because of your mental illness, it can regenerate hair, tissue, muscle, lost organ function. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

I would like to see more social systems that can identify strengths and offer people circumstances in which people can thrive. For example, some people are born into suboptimal circumstances and they do not develop their skills, knowledge, or abilities fully. They are less happy, provide less value, and make less money than they could.

Meanwhile, a lot of people are dissatisfied with their job—or worse yet, get burnt out. Even “successful job opportunities” like lawyers and doctors can filled with long hours, toxic environments of shame for mistakes, and pressure to be “perfect.” In general, most people are slaves of the almighty clock.

Therefore current technology—rudimentary school tests—examine people’s ability to sit at a desk for 8 hours. We value hours of labour.  

But What if technology could optimize environmental stress for a person’s success? What if we could have 4-hour work days? 8 hours-a-day of intentional practice would no longer be valued (unless the person truly loved the optimized circumstances). Better hormones, better medical AI—whatever—meant the athletes or doctors did not have to work 8 hours a day. New tests would recognize more people’s potentials; and new social systems would change more people’s circumstances, to develop their skills in an environment optimized for success. 

The monitoring necessary to achieve these changing circumstances would probably cause problems with private interests. We might need to become more tolerant of untraceable monetary systems  to balance increased monitoring of talent—I’m not sure.

Essentially, technology that helps people recognize what they find to be truly valuable, and spend more on that.