Jannes

You have to face all of your fears to awaken?

19 posts in this topic

I heard Leo saying it a lot. My experience on psychedelics kind of supports the claim. I am always getting confronted with my fears in the most hardcore way. Spiders, snakes, rotten things, misery, violence, blood, .. Last time I got confronted with blood. I could never see blood. If I see to much of it I fall unconscious. So in my last trip I drowned in a sea of thick blood. It really wasn’t that bad because I am pretty good at letting go. Although I don’t want to speak to soon because at some point I will get my hands on 5meo :D. But why do we need to face our fears to awaken? 
My thoughts on this so far. What I fear I reject. What I reject I make different from me. What I make different from me builds dualities and my sense of self. To reach nonduality I have to deconstruct all distinctions between "myself" and "not myself“. So I have to confront and accept what I fear to break the dualities to become One again. Is it that simple? It’s not unimaginable but still hard for me to imagine that for example my fear of roller coaster stops me from realizing god. And also could it be more of a temporary thing on a psychedelic trip? Like you confront all of your fears in that moment to reach the peak experience but when you come back to ordinary life you still have your everyday fears?

Fear is what is keeping you believing that you are a separate human being that can be harmed, and fear is also what is keeping you from realizing love. That's why its necessary to go beyond fear, or face the fears, or whatever. Love will kill all your fears, at least at that moment when you are conscious of it. You can also still have everyday fears after coming down from a peak experience, but I think they can also be radically lessened, at least that has been the case in my experience.

However I don't think you have to work one by one through all of your fears such as a fear of roller coasters to realize God. I didn't go through a process like this and still managed to realize God. When you realize 'other' is self then most of your fears should dissipate, at least during the moment of realization, but as you come down you might lose sight of this and some fears might come back in.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@amanen thanks for sharing. 

41 minutes ago, vladorion said:

It's the other way around.

What do you mean?

2 hours ago, Jannes said:

What do you mean?

As you awaken your fears dissipate.

22 hours ago, vladorion said:

As you awaken your fears dissipate.

I like that order a lot more ?

God is locked behind a wall of FEAR, because God is death.

It has not yet occurred to you that the thing you are seeking is none other than death. Awakening is death. Death IS the Awakening!

You are just deeply mistaken about what death is. You really think death is bad.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura death is highly mischaracterizing what god and awakening truly is, which is actually a deep root and realization of life itself. saying it's death can lead to people heading in the wrong path. It isn't bad - in that we shouldn't feel remorse, we all eventually go to the light, but saying awakening is death itself is the wrong path. maybe death of the ego - with an explanation of what the ego is "closed minded, culturally dependent, physical reliant reciever and defender of information" would be nice when referring to the ego, but often when referred to as just the sense of self leads go the wrong path. we could say, a mind not dependent on the physical, able to retrieve information and work outside of the limitations of the mind can lead to greater truth, should be strived for

When referring to psychedelics - completely letting go of the ego, yes that's true. and it can feel like physical death, but it isn't. as long as your physical self is still existing, a part of your consciousness is attached to it, although awareness of this can be out of sight. just like most people don't focus on being aware their physical self is existing, we can say it just is, and that awareness of this fades when our mind trails. ego death IS awakening, not death itself. like with Buddhism, your mind, associations, etc can all "die", or be let go of to create a state of no mind, but really you yourself didn't die, just the attachments of the mind did. 

Unless you're referring to something else, a complete lack of sense of self, a state of emptiness with no associations. but in my opinion, this lacks an earth bound awakening where lower energies are integrated.

Death doesn't have to be feared simply because your true self doesn't die, and when it does, it becomes the wholeness of existence.

We don't necessarily die, because we unify with something else

Genesis 27:27-29

There is no death itself. Death is purely imaginary. It never happens. Nothing has ever died.

In the context of this thread the question is about fear. Hence I answered as I did.

You cannot understand the fear without facing death.

Obviously I do not mean harming the body.

You can become so conscious that you realize death never happens.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura So what happens when you harm the body to the point that it "dies", if it's not death?

Edited by Phil777

9 minutes ago, Phil777 said:

@Leo Gura So what happens when you harm the body to the point that it "dies", if it's not death?

You are imagining the future.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God is locked behind a wall of FEAR, because God is death.

It has not yet occurred to you that the thing you are seeking is none other than death. Awakening is death. Death IS the Awakening!

You are just deeply mistaken about what death is. You really think death is bad.

So does this mean in practice that I have to go through all of my pity human fears or should I just focus on death instead? What do you mean with a wall of FEAR?

I don’t know if that thought has occurred to me. A state of complete surrender to the universe yes, but given that my ego has a grasp of it, I am probably bullshitting myself with a fake version of it.

A68E53AE-CE78-47E9-A394-B8EC7D609EB2.jpeg

Edited by Jannes

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are imagining the future.

Ok, but let's say I would do it right now, what happens to my conscious experience when I kill my body?

2 hours ago, Phil777 said:

Ok, but let's say I would do it right now, what happens to my conscious experience when I kill my body?

The deletion of the entire universe + absolute lucidity

It's Love.

@Jannes Interesting, just came across this an hour ago. Synchronicity.... 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

49 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

The deletion of the entire universe + absolute lucidity

Your subtle body and your ego won't disappear when your physical body dies.

The more fears you face, the more profound the experience becomes. 

Once you face and dilute all fears, you reach profundity with each coming psychedelic experience. You start to tread deeper and deeper with newer experiences, deeper insights and radical thoughts. 

There isn't any other way but to face your fears because you put yourself asleep the minute you created your being

5 hours ago, Jannes said:

So does this mean in practice that I have to go through all of my pity human fears or should I just focus on death instead? What do you mean with a wall of FEAR?

You don't have to literally conquer your fear of spiders and lions. Just whatever fears are holding you back in deconstructing your mind.

5 hours ago, Phil777 said:

Again, the future is imaginary.

You're not getting how radical this is.

Edited by Leo Gura