UpperMaster

What is the difference between the enlightened and insane? (with examples)

92 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, UpperMaster said:

What about this, lets say you take a psychedelic and you have visions, do you call them hallucinations or an enlightenment experience?

Like you remain functional after the experience.

I think I really started getting caught up on this. Some ppl on the forum say they had an enlightenment experience by just taking a bunch of mushrooms for the first time. Is that really enlightenment, seems like just a realization while high. If thats enlightenment, then contemplation could be enlightenment no?

You don't need drugs at all to have "enlightenment" experiences. You just need curiosity, and faith.
Divine realization can strike at any time. The main use of psychedelics in this case is to accelerate personal growth, though it is not in any case necessary.

This is because you can be "high" naturally, and enter a heightened state of consciousness, just by meditating, or
Any number of activities that can bring you great joy and awareness, if you're open to It, can trigger these realizations.
Indeed, this happens all the time. State of consciousness fluctuates all the time without drugs.

Edited by tuku747

Today I became conscious of the fact I'm actually Mickey Mouse living on the planet Saturn. I live with my girlfriend Minnie and our dog Pluto. My best friend is Goofy, who is a dog... And for some reason Goofy seems to be okay with me enslaving other members of his species. Why can Goofy talk and walk on two legs while Pluto cannot. Is Goofy a genius dog or is Pluto simply handicapped? If Pluto is handicapped, is it morally wrong to treat him like a pet?

These are questions I pondered from my bathtub of awakening. As I shoved a turkey baster filled with toad venom right up my asshole.

This is what enlightenment is all about. Forget cuckold LOSERS like Buddha. Buddha never awoke to the fact he's actually a Mickey Mouse like me.

1 hour ago, tuku747 said:

You don't need drugs at all to have "enlightenment" experiences. You just need curiosity, and faith.

In my experience , no way . There is a wall very hard, perfectly constructed, an immovable barrier: you. You are the enormous obstacle that prevents reality from manifesting itself, and without a magic pill that makes the dog guard fall asleep for a moment, not even God passes by. when you sleep the guard dog that you are and infinity is, you realize the solidity of the door. you can break it a thousand times it comes back. And when the wall is there, you only see the wall, no matter how much you know what is behind it. the mechanics of the self are masterfully constructed. you have to be extremely perceptive to start any deconstruction

21 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Bipolar 1. He has never talked to me about meditation or Eastern mysticism. He usually talks about business ideas, science or philosophy. My mom says he has always been a materialist atheist, and I don't think that has changed, although when I was little, he used to play Hare Krishna CDs in the car lol. He had a friend who was actually a shaman (who sadly passed away) who I've met a couple of times. His name is Arthur Sørensen. My dad got a big shaman drum from him, and one time, he played it over my head and I felt my body vibrating which was fun. 

I would say he is spiritually inclined, but he is not practicing any spirituality, and I don't think he ever has. He strikes me more like a Terrence McKenna than a Sadhguru (just without the weed), i.e. basically me before I found spirituality.

Same here, also have that diagnoses.  That's really cool, I'm sorry to hear that he passed away.  Interesting, usually people who have bipolar end up getting into spirituality at some point, but honestly, not having ideas on it is the best position to be in I have found so maybe some day he will had a spontaneous awakening - who knows, anything can happen.

22 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I keep talking about it, but I spent the last 2 years trying to force myself out of a constant state of ego dissolution. My dad is not there. His mind always on. That said, he is probably one of the more empathetic and consciously attuned people I know. I have 50% of his genes after all.

Why were you trying to force yourself out of that state?  Was it too much to handle/could have become mental illness if it kept going?

22 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

At one point when I was abusing weed and my life was falling apart, I experienced precursors to a psychotic break (rapid thoughts, loose associations, concentration and memory issues, slight perceptual changes), and it was the complete opposite of the mystical experience. Likewise, when my dad is in a manic state, it does not remind me of a mystical state.

Oh okay, I see interesting.  Would you liken your experience to this: https://alternativesmagazine.com/08/levy1.html
Sometimes right before an awakening it can look like a break, but sometimes it can genuinely be one.

1 hour ago, Loba said:

Why were you trying to force yourself out of that state? Was it too much to handle

"Why are you afraid of death?" 

1 hour ago, Loba said:

could have become mental illness if it kept going?

No, no and nope. I would be a way greater man, but it would not be me. I will reiterate: ego dissolution is not a joke.

1 hour ago, Loba said:

Oh okay, I see interesting.  Would you liken your experience to this: https://alternativesmagazine.com/08/levy1.html
Sometimes right before an awakening it can look like a break, but sometimes it can genuinely be one.

My psychotic symptoms happened before I had discovered meditation, and they disappeared by themselves when I spent a weekend with my friends, but I was still in a highly neurotic state of mind. Then some months later, I went off weed for a week (against my will) and pursued active mindfulness meditation. The awakening occurred at the very end of that week, and the moments leading up to that, I was the most clear and lucid I had been in years. The psychotic symptoms and the mystical symptoms were inversely correlated. It was also not an escalation and then a break. It was a gradual de-escalation and a grounding.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

If it ain’t love 

it’s insane 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

15 hours ago, gettoefl said:

the latter you have the mind the former the mind has you

and the way to prize asunder minds vise like grip is a million times a day asking who am i and abiding in the supreme nature ... you were never the person looking back at you in the mirror, take back your sovereignty your birth right your glory, step away from the insane machine running you

If you don't find it, your life is futile and fruitless. Unless you find it, you cannot blossom and dance and sing in joy. There will not be any rejoicing, any celebration, any festivity in your life. Your life will be a dark, unending night where the sun never rises.

@RMQualtrough Banned. I've warned you plenty of times for your obnoxious attitude.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would imagine Insanity to feel heavy and burdensome. 

Where as enlightenment feels light and frothy like a vanilla cappuccino free floating!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I would imagine Insanity to feel heavy and burdensome. 

Where as enlightenment feels light and frothy like a vanilla cappuccino free floating!

♥ 

If medically defined psychosis counts as insanity, it can feel more liberating and positive than many enlightenment experiences. It really just depends on the individual and context of the insanity. But this comes from the perspective of someone who was mixing the two together. Psychosis without the non-psychotic spiritual development is definitely worse than psychosis with the normie spiritual development alongside it from my experience. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY