LordFall

Who here is posting Tiktoks/Short form content?

29 posts in this topic

I've been hearing Gary Vee and other content creators praising the platform for basically years now and finally started creating and posting stuff semi-consistently. They weren't lying, the organic reach is real. I've been playing around with the format and my highest viewed video is at 4.3k now, not crazy but I'm getting better with my content/editing and most videos get around 500-1.5k views.

I think this is a huge opportunity for everyone to get into the content creation game without spending a massive amount of time on editing and audience growth. Especially good for small businesses that don't have too much money for marketing.

Who else has played around with this and short-form content strategy in general? 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

Me. I’ve been marketing on tiktok and using it to share my business for Qigong as well as talking to people as I learn how to make sales. No sales on tiktok to date but I’m learning. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I've tried it off and on. Yeah, Tik Toks get lots of views. Actually kind of a sus amount compared to other platforms, which leads me to believe a lot of it might be bots. Youtube Shorts get a sus amount of views too, but it's clear that Youtube is heavily pushing those in the algo.

Biggest problem for me is views on shorts don't convert into anything. People won't click a link or go check something out or buy something, at the same conversion rates they will for something like a full-length Youtube video, Instagram post, or blog post. It's just people mindlessly scrolling through dozens of shorts in a row with 0 engagement.

@Yarco There can be engagement. People also spend a lot of time watching live streams on tiktok too.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

I've tried it off and on. Yeah, Tik Toks get lots of views. Actually kind of a sus amount compared to other platforms, which leads me to believe a lot of it might be bots. Youtube Shorts get a sus amount of views too, but it's clear that Youtube is heavily pushing those in the algo.

Biggest problem for me is views on shorts don't convert into anything. People won't click a link or go check something out or buy something, at the same conversion rates they will for something like a full-length Youtube video, Instagram post, or blog post. It's just people mindlessly scrolling through dozens of shorts in a row with 0 engagement.

I believe tiktok counts impressions as views. So anyone that scrolls through video even for 0.1 seconds counts as a view. Whereas YouTube only counts views after 30 seconds.

Tiktok relies heavily on hooking in the first 1-2 seconds whereas YouTube gives you a bit more time.

4 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Me. I’ve been marketing on tiktok and using it to share my business for Qigong as well as talking to people as I learn how to make sales. No sales on tiktok to date but I’m learning. 

That's dope, how do you message people? Do they message you first or you reply to comments/people that like your videos?

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

Probably is an opportunity in the market to grab attention quickly & convert views to a sale but at what cost? 

Watching short clips in an auto loop format seems a bit dangerous of an idea. Instant gratification loops. 
I question the social implications and business ethics of exploiting people's short attention span.

At what point does operant conditioning or a skinner box get out of hand?
What impact will it have in the long term for mental health and society? 

Edited by Ethan1

5 hours ago, LordFall said:

That's dope, how do you message people? Do they message you first or you reply to comments/people that like your videos?

I have about 500 followers. If you follow them back you can direct message them. I’ve been practicing getting direct experience with the sales scripts I have from my marketing course I bought. 

Also, I can see who viewed my page recently and I message them for various reasons. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Ethan1

17 minutes ago, Ethan1 said:

Probably is an opportunity in the market to grab attention quickly & convert views to a sale but at what cost? 

Watching short clips in an auto loop format seems a bit dangerous of an idea. Instant gratification loops. 
I question the social implications and business ethics of exploiting people's short attention span.

At what point does operant conditioning or a skinner box get out of hand?
What impact will it have in the long term for mental health and society? 

That's the gentle, feminine explanation of why and why not to use Tik Tok for your LP.

Here's the masculine explanation: FUCK TIK TOK AND THE BRAIN ROT IT CAUSES TO THE YOUTH!! Those who use Tik Tok for the long term, 5-10 plus years thinking it's an amazing LP, are deluding themselves. Content creators in Tik Tok are participating in spreading and infecting this mind virus called Tik Tok into children to adolescents. Recently Tik Tok was sued for hosting parts of its content creators twerking and under aged Only Fans. The Algorithm is sus AF, suggesting sexual content to your feed, again, without your FLIPPING PERMISSION! auto modifies your profile picture without your permission. and engineers the increase in chasing novelty and chasing quick fix gratification. Guaranteed to decline your mindfulness and focusing abilities if you over consume this app, and increase your resistance to personal development, discipline and peace of mind. Also guaranteed to develop narcissism in your mind too as your pretty profile picture can make you self-conscious, and pretty profile pictures of others further increases your lack of self-esteem and confidence. The Chinese businesspeople and HUA WUE that designed Tik TOK really know what to do to weaken people's minds, JESUS CHRIST!

TIK TOK is a very dangerous app that preys on your reptilian brain and gets you chasing quick rewards while degenerating your moral integrity. If you still value your life, your human life, and those around you, tell them to abandon this vile APP IMMEDIATELY!?

@Danioover9000 if not TikTok will be some other. Attention spans are getting shorter and shorter whether we like it or not because of social media in general. TikTok just seems to be the next thing that everyone loves. People love it because they already have short attention spans, now likely to get shorter but w/e. It’s uncontrollable I guess. I hear and seems that TikTok isn’t/shouldn’t be used as the main platform for a business but one platform to feed the customer into the brand, where they’ll be introduced to longer form content such as blog, YT, courses, etc. but because it’s crazy for attention atm seems silly to leave it out as a business owner??

@B222

54 minutes ago, B222 said:

@Danioover9000 if not TikTok will be some other. Attention spans are getting shorter and shorter whether we like it or not because of social media in general. TikTok just seems to be the next thing that everyone loves. People love it because they already have short attention spans, now likely to get shorter but w/e. It’s uncontrollable I guess. I hear and seems that TikTok isn’t/shouldn’t be used as the main platform for a business but one platform to feed the customer into the brand, where they’ll be introduced to longer form content such as blog, YT, courses, etc. but because it’s crazy for attention atm seems silly to leave it out as a business owner??

If you just use it to market yourself and funnel the customers to your other businesses, then that's fine. Ethically I am not touching Tik Tok with a ten-foot pole. The program is blood program, designed by a group of terrible humans whose forefathers took part in the Taiping Rebellion.

@Danioover9000 Eyyyy I respect that, love that energy! Speak from the soul!

Yes, Tik Tok is cancer.  

For businesses it's a different story, it's a bit of an opportunistic market.  

---

Edited by Ethan1

Ugh... it's like fishing in the sewer because that's where all the fish went.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Tiktok feeds you what you want. When it recognizes you make content it sends you a lot of videos on how to make content and build an audience. All of social media is being tic Tokked. 

There’s all kind of different stuff on there.  

Idk, I have no marketing budget so I’m doing my best. Y’all are just complaining.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

In my opinion, there is no reason why small businesses wouldn't be on TikTok / YT Shorts / Instagram Reels if they are already putting out long-form content.

If Leo for example got someone to cut up sections of his videos and make short-form content from them for TikTok/ YT Shorts / Instagram, he would inject some high-quality stuff onto those platforms, attract the ones that are watching personal development content, and maybe also save a few poor souls (by at least having some high-quality content to watch if they are already there).

Back in the early days of youtube, your subscribers would see your every new upload in their feed. Now YT has limited the reach of long-form content so much that even if you are a subscriber YOU CAN ALMOST NEVER SEE THE NEW UPLOADS in your feed.

These are just the rules of the game right now. I don't like this short-form content one bit. But I can hate the rules and still play the game and win. That's what more and more small and big businesses, coaches, consultants, and other professionals are seeing right now.

This is where the market is headed. I don't know if we can do something about it.

With all the shit in there can I be a force for good? 

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Idk, I have no marketing budget so I’m doing my best. Y’all are just complaining

^^ You won't know unless you tried it :)

Despite the corruption and low-consciousness content, there are always a few people lurking around looking for niche type of content. I have been told by numerous young people that they for example consume nutrition-related content on Tick Tok and even apply that advice so don't see why a Qigong teacher couldn't have some success in that way. 

But yes, majority of people are just looking for doom scroll and escape on there. It is not a high consciousness platform and it is probably responsible for severe rise in pre-adult depression and mental health disorders same way Instagram is responsible for teen eating disorders and even suicides...yet it can be used as a business promotion platform. Everything has a dark side. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Yeah, idk I think I’ve read it’s quickly becoming one of the largest platforms with people not only watching the completely dumb as fuck shit on it but also higher quality stuff. 

It’s probably more a reflection of people than the platform, but idk

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

TikTok is the best way to build a platform in 2022, it really is as simple as that

Yeah its not an ideal platform 

But, fighting against it is like being a Trad marketer fighting against the internet 15-20 years ago 

There's plenty of high consciousness content, you can quite literally craft your FYP to suit you

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Ehh slot machines are fun but wouldn't 100% condemn them or 100% approve.
TikTok is like putting a free slot machine on every block for everyone. 
The question is.. "At what cost?"

Yeah, I have no issues with booty-shakin' irl (terms & conditions apply**).

---

TikTok experiment vs marshmallow test. Who wins? 

Hint : Ego depletion and/or the boy that ate 2 marshmallows

Edited by Ethan1