Thought Art

Thoughts on wigs for men?

69 posts in this topic

So, I turn 27 in 2 weeks and the truth is: I am balding. I’ve struggled with this for awhile 

However, I recently realized hair systems and wigs are a thing and wondering if anyone has experience with them. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I agree with Andrew Tate about hair, as a man your hair doesn't matter too much. As a man you will be judged for being smart, competent, having resources, be funny, being knowledgeable, being well networked, being charismatic, and having power. 

If you have all that then I don't see why you wouldn't just get a hair transplant/rock the baldness. I see too many disadvantages to the wig and not many advantages. How could you possibly explain that to people that know you/girls you see beside you being insecure? 

Having said that, try it out and see what happens, I've never tried it. A good example is my roommate wears fake blue contact lenses and I thought it was a ridiculous idea then I tried it and I wear them every day now. Get a lot of compliments and it helps a lot with girls but I'm super open about it and it works even better because a lot of girls also have tried colored contacts so it actually gives us something to talk about. 

Wigs are a bit more uncommon but I could still be very wrong and it would work well, gotta try it out to know. 

Edited by LordFall

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

@LordFall Hmm, it’s more for the look. I personally don’t like how I look. 

It’s not bad, but I do like my hair…. 

◭"89"

Honestly you might be better off owning it and just shaving your head

Its not like baldness is unattractive if you pull it off

Balding and not owning it is probably worse

Anyway, ask Leo, he’s probably more of an authority on it hahaha

Hair transplant. Expensive. 

Being bald does not look good. It impacts self esteem. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

God from his infinite perspective “Let’s make them look good with hair and then make them go bald lolololol”

◭"89"

@LordFall idk, I like the way I look with hair. Fucking hate going bald. Such a stupid thing for God to create.

◭"89"

It’s really bothering me jeez. I hate the look of the receding hairline so much. Uhh ahh I’m fucking old. Bald at only 27? Wtf wait till I’m 50

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

48 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

It’s really bothering me jeez. I hate the look of the receding hairline so much. Uhh ahh I’m fucking old. Bald at only 27? Wtf wait till I’m 50

Start shaving daily. 

Also welcome to the club my man. :D

artworks-000578937356-ahejct-t500x500.jp

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Side note you could try changing your diet and seeing if that stops it. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Lol I'm 25 and my hairline has been under attack for the last 5 years (it's like Norwood 4 or something). I recently started shaving it very thin with a machine. I'm preparing for the eventual dive into baldhood B|

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Elon Musk did completely fix his balding through whatever transplant or surgery he did, maybe look into that

Or you could rock the bald look.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

It's not that bad, society doesn't really care if a man is bald.  Often, it looks pretty good when you shave it...

Wanna hear a story?
I am a woman, and in 2017, when my autoimmune disease first started, all of the hair on the top of my head fell out.  It was the first symptom before anything physical happened.  Within three days, the whole top portion was gone in an alopecia areata pattern.  So... I shaved it and went bald.  I was so scared to do this, as woman.  But... my head shape looked nice!  It was an interesting experience.

I enjoyed... not being bothered by men... and... not having my femininity on display, not having to worry about my worth being balanced by people who's opinions would never matter.  If they wanted to Know me, they would have to See me.  I felt protected.  Filtered.  And I felt noticed, because you don't usually see this in a woman, but very private as well.  I kept it this way and within a year it grew back.

I have been seriously contemplating within a year or two, doing this again - as a way to permanently let go of human/societal expectations of my femininity.  As a process of becoming a monk/nun in a sense, of keeping myself for the divine and letting go of as many humanly concerns as I possibly can, aside from food, drink, shelter and family...  I think femininity is a private thing, not something that needs to be turned into a spectacle for shallow viewers.

Perhaps this is the same for men?

Maybe the whole point of life is to learn to love yourself as you are and not to worry about how you look or what people think?  The process of self love isn't easy, you bring it from within and carry it outwards until it radiates into everything, and hopefully... if done right... it should elevate you no matter what situation you find yourself in.  And... it's just hair.

I wouldn't wear a wig.  Then you have to explain yourself when a woman expects you to be a certain way.  present yourself as you are, if they don't like it, fuck 'm, move on. :) 

Chew on these lyrics for a few minutes:

Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend
As an old enemy

Take your time, hurry up
Choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend
As an old

Memoria, memoria
Memoria, memoria

Come doused in mud, soaked in bleach
As I want you to be
As a trend, as a friend
As an old

Memoria, memoria
Memoria, memoria

And I swear that I don't have a gun
No, I don't have a gun
No, I don't have a gun

Memoria, memoria
Memoria, memoria

Edited by Loba

You're gonna be insecure as fuck with your wig.

God help you if that things ever slides off.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I’m not trying to hide that I’m bald, but to look like I have hair 

Anyway, I’m shaving it for now. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art There are some semi-permanent wigs that look cool and natural, you might like one of those. I think wearing a wig should be less stigmatized in society, Real or fake who cares? 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Oh god how difficult period it was in my life when I realized that I was balding. Many years of fighting against it, until few mushroom trips encouraged me to shave it off. It really felt like I wouldn't be attractive anymore when I'm bald and then I would be alone the rest of my life. Like my worth as a guy would be zero after it. It feels funny and sad to think about it now, when I have accepted and embraced my baldness.

It's just sad how anxious guys get when they are balding, because in the end, it isn't that bad.

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura I’m not trying to hide that I’m bald, but to look like I have hair

WTF?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.