Revolutionary Think

Russia and Ukraine making me feel nervous

153 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want to actually understand Putin, rather than playing games, go watch his interview series with Oliver Stone. You might actually learn what's involved in running a country.

You guys treat governance like it's some kind of WWE goofball wrestling match.

Oliver Stone? Putin’s long time buddy? Sure, that shouldn’t be full of crap and biased at all…

@no_name Shut up and watch it with an open mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I’ve watched it. Was truly impressed at how you can use media and paint even the devil himself as a good friend, hardworking loyal father and family man, always willing to help people… almost dropped a tear there…

Oliver Stone is a either a truly clueless dumbass or just low-key spreading russian propaganda to clueless people. I watched his interview recently with Lex Friedman too. It’s easy to believe him when you don’t have the insight and knowledge of the situation - like when he so passionately talks about Medvedchuk, as a person who was so mistreated by the Ukrainian government, for no reason whatsoever, pure innocence - now when you don’t know that Putin is Medvedchuk daughter’s godfather.. it might all indeed seem so reasonable, nuanced, and “meta” to you.. 

Edited by no_name

Interesting Relatively Short Essay in IR Theory on the Explanation of the Polarities Concept, including Multipolarity, it is before the concept then subsequently got baggaged with or viewed through a lense of plenty of ideology in between by various other authors and writers who appropriated it as a concept in the popular imagination and used it as a platform to either advance or promote in contrast their own wider ideological worldviews and prescriptions:

"I contend that the use of polarity concept in the Russian foreign policy does not follow any clear line although it borrows much from classical realism and it is rather an eclecticist mixture of different theoretical perspectives." 

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AuiXCCugHujecscuF8HwRInBgZY

2002-00-Multipolarity (2) (1).pdf

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just bought it, thank you 

5 hours ago, Pudgey said:

Just bought it, thank you 

It doesn’t bother you that Oliver Stone asked putin to be his daughter’s godfather? You think that someone who is putin’s friend will make an honest documentary about him? 

“What’s the Russian equivalent of Kool-Aid? Whatever it is, it’s definitely red – and Oliver Stone has eagerly drunk it down. The trailers for The Putin Interviews, Showtime’s four-part series documenting a series of conversations between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Stone, would have you believe that you’re going to hear some pretty hard-hitting stuff as the autocrat and the filmmaker face off, Frost-Nixon style. What we got instead was a series of softballs lobbed lovingly in the direction of one of the most powerful and dangerous men in the world. Except for a few moments, Stone seems serenely unconcerned with anything beyond flattering his subject – and engaging in some supremely one-sided exchanges about history and policy along the way.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/10-most-wtf-things-we-learned-from-oliver-stones-putin-interviews-197547/amp/

“The veteran director has been accused of pandering to Putin for his four-hour documentary on the Russian leader, but he remains unrepentant. Could it be the climax to his career?“

”Stone’s epic four-part film The Putin Interviews was described by the Daily Beast as a “wildly irresponsible love letter” to Russia’s president. It “says as much about Oliver Stone as it does Vladimir Putin”, said CNN. “Flattery, but little scepticism,” said the New York Times.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jun/13/oliver-stone-vladimir-putin-russian-people-never-been-better-off

“The Putin Interviews, a four-part series created from two years of conversations between Oliver Stone and Putin, somehow manages to both spout the Kremlin line and fall back on the laziest American clichés about Russia. In the opening credits, a map of the Soviet Union is transformed into a matryoshka doll. In at least the first two of the four parts, Stone aids and abets Putin, who lies by omission and pushes conspiracy theories, all while adding in such helpful information as “Russians are strong” and “Russians are macho.”

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/07/oliver-stones-putin-interviews-will-teach-you-little-about-putin-and-even-less-about-russia/

Edited by no_name

Personally, if nuclear war breaks out.. I'm lucky, because I'm already done with life, woohoo, I'm excited to die ? 

Fotolia_197218780_Subscription_L.jpg

But of course.. it's not so fun for those who still want to live. I can have sympathy with that. But on the other hand you don't suffer when you are dead.

And yea some people will survive it and live under difficult circumstances. That would be the worst situation. Of course that would happen to me, since life loves to torture me.

Edited by Blackhawk

@Blackhawk

Living in an post-WW3 wasteland actually sounds interesting to me.
People have to come together building communes and farming their own food to survive.
traffic_jam_by_5ofnovember_d6e36yg-pre.jpg

Edited by Ima Freeman

5 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

@Blackhawk

Living in an post-WW3 wasteland actually sounds interesting for me.
People have to come together building communes and farming their own food to survive
traffic_jam_by_5ofnovember_d6e36yg-pre.jpg

?

But I'm not social, so I would get left out. And also the food would be radioactive I think. And nothing would grow because of the nuclear winter.

According to a study, 99% of all swedes would starve to death. Source: https://www.dn.se/sverige/forskare-karnvapenkrig-skulle-orsaka-massvalt-i-sverige/ (in swedish)

Edited by Blackhawk

@Blackhawk

Concerning radioactivity, I live far away from any possible nuclear target in a neutral country.
The nuclear winter would be a pain in the ass though :D

16 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

Concerning radioactivity, I live far away from any possible nuclear target in a neutral country.
The nuclear winter would be a pain in the ass though

What country? I myself would choose those remote Polynesian islands.