Jon_Bundesen

Is it a bad idea to do drugs recreationally (fun)?

16 posts in this topic

I thought of smoking cannabis while going out with my friends for fun. I'm not addicted to weed nor do I use it to escape I would say. I've used it occasionally, probably once per 1-2 months but I feel guilty about doing it since it's just for fun use.

This post is not just about weed but also other drugs and what your thoughts are on using them recreationally. 

weed-memes-12-x.jpg

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

I don't see the problem if you are not doing them from a place of addiction or escape, I have no idea why you would feel guilty about it if doesn't affect you negatively, that seems to be more of a social thing. Most people don't have a problem with occasionally drinking alcohol either, I don't see what's that different with other drugs.

Personally I use all kinds of drugs because I love all kinds of altered states of consciousness and exploring compounds, and it doesn't affect my life negatively, but I don't distinguish between recreational use/use for exploring consciousness in my drug usage.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Never buying just for your own use is actually a good rule, unless you live with stoners, or you're friends with unemployed stoners and you're also unemployed. The problem is just: can you stick to that rule? Drugs are a slippery slope. All you need is one bad life event.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Never buying just for your own use is actually a good rule

What do you even mean by that? Who else are you going to be buying it for? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

57 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

What do you even mean by that? Who else are you going to be buying it for? 

You only get high together with your friends.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

You only get high together with your friends.

You won't get high if you are doing it alone? Silly. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

You won't get high if you are doing it alone? Silly. 

You only choose to get high together with your friends.

Its hella fun. Yet be careful with people (friends) tricking you and playing mind games. I prefer solo. Only do weed with friends. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

I love using drugs recreationally, including psychedelics.

I’ll smoke weed a 5-10 times per year.

I’ll do ketamine or mdma at some festivals a couple times per year. Acid too.

I get drunk on alcohol a handful of times per year.

All in good fun!:D

Then I use psychedelics for spiritual/personal growth in a more ceremonial way once a month or so.

This all seems to be a good balance of work vs play for me.

I think it’s kind of silly that people say not to do drugs recreationally. I mean if you can’t moderate your own life & are prone to addiction then sure a more extremist view like that might be best but that’s not my experience. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@Jon_Bundesen well...I think it's fun to learn about Consciousness...and for me that's best when I'm tripping on ganja shrooms or whatever...it's fun to explore consciousness...what's bad about using a technology to gain access to even higher states?  Nothing!!

Yes

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Jon_Bundesen  There is nothing inherently wrong with recreational use of substances. And some, perhaps many humans have found this practice to be quite beneficial. For instance, there's Terrence Mckenna who has sworn by this very practice you describe.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

@Carl-Richard my friends have put me through mental breaking points on psychedelics from them being so rambunctious and careless about everything that has to do with tripping, I’d rather not take it in a social setting because that’s how my first couple trips were done and they were dangerous because you cannot just expect that they will not have a mental breakdown and start bullying you or having a hideous ego backlash, It has been a source of anxiety for me cause I don’t have any friends I would trust enough to trip with, I don’t care all that much though cause I am satisfied with what I am doing in my own time. I just don’t think sharing drugs is like a good rule of thumb or root solution  to preventing drug dependency, Just cause you use it with friends doesn’t mean you don’t feel that same urge to use again when you get home or later in the night, I have just outdone the social thing early on and have outgrew it personally since I don’t find value in using psychedelics communally

@Egodeathrow I was only talking about drugs you would like to do in social settings for fun, like weed.