Max_V

Destiny is talking to Jordan Peterson

21 posts in this topic

For anyone curious, Destiny is talking to JP on stream this saturday at 18:30 CEST. 

I'm super excited! :) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V

1 minute ago, Max_V said:

For anyone curious, Destiny is talking to JP on stream this saturday at 18:30 CEST. 

That's nice! Destiny was teasung the audience about who he might debate this week. GG JP.

6:30 pm?

@Danioover9000

Yes! 6:30pm CEST

PEPE wins

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

No way ? Really? Let's hope it's not like his talk with Michael Brooks ?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Exciting dude!

I hope Destiny can inspire Jordan to be a bit more neutral during his debates.

I think there could be a lot of insights. I think Peterson could feel more secure in exploring his higher consciousness views, if, as i expect, Destiny doesn't demonise Peterson's stage blue talking points.

i think Peterson could really do some cool yellow stuff if he just became more emotionally stable and construct aware. Thing is, to my understanding, he has pretty serious PTSD, which is going to really effect his ability to become emotionally stable enough to become neutral enough to move up the spiral.

@Max_V Do you expect the debate will go smoothly between the two of them?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

Thing is, to my understanding, he has pretty serious PTSD, which is going to really effect his ability to become emotionally stable enough to become neutral enough to move up the spiral.

How so?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard My understanding is that a person with PTSD has chronically unmet basics needs, i.e. for safety. And, much more readily interpret everyday events as threatening the meeting of basic needs, i.e. safety.

So, the meeting of basic needs like safety becomes a major part of one's life, consciously or unconsciously.

So, when Peterson is contemplating on his understanding of the world, and, especially when debating, I imagine he is consistently trying to meet basic needs, i.e. safety.

So, when he is engaging with view he currently disagrees with, I think he is repeatedly trying to meet his need for safety in his responses. I could imagine that entertaining the idea that his worldview is significantly mistaken would cause his need for safety to be unmet. For example, part of his unconscious strategy for meeting his need for safety may be to maintain the belief that he has a high level understanding of the world.

So, I think  Peterson would need to meet his basic needs, alternatively to his current strategy. For example, via unconsciously internalising that he isn't under a significant threat of harm during everyday situations. And then he would be able to contemplate and debate issues from a more open place. Hence, to my mind, Peterson would be open enough to the change that is inevitable with spiral development.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax    No, I think most of the discussion would be normal, until JP enters his abstraction communication mode, to which Destiny, like how he did Mr. Girl, would bring him back to earth and incinerate him live.

If and when the discourse veers off course, when it becomes too political, is when Destiny sears him like a fine main course: Angus steak, prime cut to service the vice of the anti JP crowd.

You think that Jordan Peterson's psychological ramblings gonna save him? I don't think, when he enters his abstract brambling that he'll out-rant his Destiny. Destiny is the best with brevity and revving his clockwork's engine to the max, pressuring JP till he petters out, at his own Leisure, with measured approach to boiling this Jordan lobster. 

So, what, Danioover9000, I thought you was a JP and Destiny fan? Man, I know I was a stan to those two maniacs, but thank GOD I outgrown these brats, so called grown-ups, one obsessed with his psycho rant lectures, while the over psyched for gaming ventures, a vulture of TWITCH. To which, I finally switched over to YouTube, past the psychobabble man, and the pathos-obsessed-logical liar, so now I can admire, in my Castelvania empire, how these two dire sickos wrestle deep in the quagmires, trying to stir each other's ire. This discourse gonna be fire, enough to heat up marshmallows above these twos' marshmallows.

@Ulax

I feel pretty certain, yes! 
If you asked the same question to me last year, I wouldn't feel as sure, but right now I feel like Destiny has come quite a way. Certainly still into the bloodsports thing, but I feel like his ability to allow different perspectives and have respectful conversations (not so focused on 'owning' people) has really improved a lot. 

I'm really looking forward to see how these two interact

@Jannes

If you want to chat with his community Destiny.gg is your best bet, if you want to casually watch on youtube then go to his youtube channel

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

What is the point? JP's positions are all well known.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What is the point? JP's positions are all well known.

Maybe to challenge some of those positions or to try to understand them better or to build a bridge.

More like watching a train wreck.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura It's not a debate or anything like that. They're just having a conversation for 1 hour.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

19 hours ago, Max_V said:

Yea i'm really looking forward to it tbh. I've been watching a lot of Destiny's streams recently. He has a lot of really balanced sensible perspectives on lots of different topics. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski