Sugarcoat

Got scammed for almost 1k dollars while trying to buy edibles online

26 posts in this topic

So yes as the title says. Me and a close person to me tried edibles we bought from a Snapchat dealer face to face. They gave an effect but very mild for both of us despite us taking an supposedly large dose. We were kinda disappointed so I posted on Reddit in a forum about weed about it and the reasons why we didn’t feel much.

some random dude on Reddit dms me about me being able to order them online from some telegram express link or something he called “phelmiss buy” (?) that can send to where I’m at (it’s illegal here)

prepare yourself for stupidity

My dumbass got carried away and texted the person on telegram he gave me. 
“Dn source” He was supposedly working for?

He wanted me to use bitcoin so I bought it (no previous experience) and sent him the sum. Accidentally sent him a little less because the conversion to euros wasn’t correct or something (I noticed it myself )
Now he asking for way more to “make up for wallet requirements” 

my dumbass sends him more.

now he starts talking about shipping fees because I live outside the city.

i send him that. He says it didn’t arrive, I send him again .

okay fast forward it all ends up with me spending in total almost 1k dollars in total. Some of it due to him saying he needs more because he needs to have 800 in his wallet to refund me or something. Yes what have I done to myself :/ a huuuge amount for a simple minimum wage young worker like me 

Fast forward the delivery guy is on his way (not really tho) and he is “stopped” (what a coincidence) 

the guy from Reddit and the “dealer “ (probably the same guy as they write similar and both use a specific way of spelling a certain word) want me to help with money so they can pay the police . 
At this point I’m realizing it’s a scam and I’m not sending more. They’re getting a bit rude and pushy. 

I’ve not sent more since then. I still have their contacts but I’m just kind of dealing with the fact that I’ve lost almost 1 k dollars that I’ll never get back. 

I can’t believe how I let it go so far. Wow . I got so carried away. So incredibly reckless behavior . Lesson learned definitely. They gave such precise and eloquent reasons (from my perspective of having barely any knowledge about this) for all the transactions I kinda thought it was legit although suspicions did arise but my desperation took over. Damn 

I used to watch this channel hell of a lot so I felt like sharing in this forum about this. Hope it’s okay to share this topic here.

I’ve lost hope now I’ve lost my money. Well, life lesson learned. Keep in mind I’m very young (not excuse per say but still) and inexperienced with this. Also I’ve chatted with several chill cool people on Reddit so I thought he was one of those lol NEVER AGAIN NEVER NEVER.

I just wanted to vent a bit , feel free to roast or whatever or hit me up whatever if you have any help or anything to say. 

Edited by Sugarcoat

No roast, been there, I remember a similar situation, I was buying an apple watch off of Offerup, right from the get go it seemed too goo to be true, but I didn't listen to my gut, ended up paying around 130$ before realizing what was going on.

Also, a different kind of scam, Got involved in an MLM (Amway) at 19, was in for 9 months, why? I didn't trust myself, I let myself be manipulated and definitely lost way over 2k from that, though many lessons were learned.

What specific lessons did you learn?

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Never buy from a private seller like this. Buy only from sites after reading reviews, or from darknet from sellers with high reviews.

Anyways don't beat up yourself so much for it, in life we make mistakes and learn from them. 

The lesson here is, you always expect the worse from people when there is no guarantees 

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Realms of Wonder

Because you will get scammed and betrayed a lot if you don't :P

Could be wrong here, but it seems to black and white. Expanding this out beyond just people and getting scammed, there's literally zero guarantees in life, at all... why always expect the worst?

Imagine approaching every situation expecting the worst? 

Imagine approaching each situation with caution when necessary, yes, and deep trust of self and intuition, would there be a difference?

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Don't buy from anyone without reviews. That's how that problem is solved. And don't place large orders.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why are you trying to buy drugs online? You are thinking like a high person and you haven't even taken anything yet lol.

Just get it in person from someone. Don't send money just to end up with a bag of Oregano.

hrhrhtewgfegege

4 hours ago, Roy said:

Why are you trying to buy drugs online? You are thinking like a high person and you haven't even taken anything yet lol.

Just get it in person from someone. Don't send money just to end up with a bag of Oregano.

LOL. Coz we don't all got that kind of connections. :ph34r:

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Realms of Wonder @Realms of Wonder

thansk for your reply :) 

it’s nice hearing about others experiencing similar things, makes you feel less weird.

well the situation was weird overall. Now when I look back I can’t believe my eyes how reckless I was with my money. I’m usually careful but this one time I got carried away

i learnt that from now on, with no exceptions, be more careful. I always gotta know for sure that someone is legit before attempting to buy. Also let no degree of desire cloud my logic like it did here. 
Also don’t fall for fancy language and eloquent explanations. 

13 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Never buy from a private seller like this. Buy only from sites after reading reviews, or from darknet from sellers with high reviews.

Anyways don't beat up yourself so much for it, in life we make mistakes and learn from them. 

The lesson here is, you always expect the worse from people when there is no guarantees 

thank you for the tips and kind words. I’ve learned a great lesson from this and will never do it again. It’s very unusual of me too, I’m usually very careful. But this time I got carried away. 

That’s a pretty realistic view, I did the opposite I expected the best. I even walked outside thinking the delivery guy was actually on his way damn lol. I had suspicions from the start but somehow they got clouded by my desire and hope and how deceived I was. 

but with reviews? Can’t they be faked, how do you know the reviews are legit?

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't buy from anyone without reviews. That's how that problem is solved. And don't place large orders.

Yes I will never ever repeat my mistake. First and last time I did. 

see what happens when you stop watching your videos as much? Maybe if I watched your video about avoiding being scammed etc this wouldn’t happen lol. Gonna watch it later. Taking notes thank you 

5 hours ago, Roy said:

Lol very true. 

So I can obtain pure weed buying face to face I’ve done that I have contacts in there. But my cousin and I wanted to try edibles specifically and they were much harder to find, and it’s hard to make ourselves as we live with our parents and worry about smell. My plan wasn’t to buy online but I was completely and utterly fooled by this guy on Reddit with his fancy technical language and eloquent explanations. I thought he was just trying to be nice and helping me out.

it’s weird because I’m usually very careful. Now looking back it’s very obvious from the start how sus it was, wow how I didn’t see it then. First and last time I did something like that

MAJOR lesson learned I will NEVER do this again. 

1 hour ago, puporing said:

LOL. Coz we don't all got that kind of connections. :ph34r:

I swear. 

This is what gets some of us in a trap? 

desperation and desire got to me and clouded my logic look at me now. But lesson learned. 

There are trusted darknet markets with trusted sellers with years of transaction history that can't be faked.

Dreaddit is a dark net version of Reddit and I recommend using it instead. But only for looking for knowledge, opinions and reviews, not engaging directly with scummy people.

23 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

So yes as the title says. Me and a close person to me tried edibles we bought from a Snapchat dealer face to face. They gave an effect but very mild for both of us despite us taking an supposedly large dose. We were kinda disappointed so I posted on Reddit in a forum about weed about it and the reasons why we didn’t feel much.

some random dude on Reddit dms me about me being able to order them online from some telegram express link or something he called “phelmiss buy” (?) that can send to where I’m at (it’s illegal here)

prepare yourself for stupidity

My dumbass got carried away and texted the person on telegram he gave me. 
“Dn source” He was supposedly working for?

He wanted me to use bitcoin so I bought it (no previous experience) and sent him the sum. Accidentally sent him a little less because the conversion to euros wasn’t correct or something (I noticed it myself )
Now he asking for way more to “make up for wallet requirements” 

my dumbass sends him more.

now he starts talking about shipping fees because I live outside the city.

i send him that. He says it didn’t arrive, I send him again .

okay fast forward it all ends up with me spending in total almost 1k dollars in total. Some of it due to him saying he needs more because he needs to have 800 in his wallet to refund me or something. Yes what have I done to myself :/ a huuuge amount for a simple minimum wage young worker like me 

Fast forward the delivery guy is on his way (not really tho) and he is “stopped” (what a coincidence) 

the guy from Reddit and the “dealer “ (probably the same guy as they write similar and both use a specific way of spelling a certain word) want me to help with money so they can pay the police . 
At this point I’m realizing it’s a scam and I’m not sending more. They’re getting a bit rude and pushy. 

I’ve not sent more since then. I still have their contacts but I’m just kind of dealing with the fact that I’ve lost almost 1 k dollars that I’ll never get back. 

I can’t believe how I let it go so far. Wow . I got so carried away. So incredibly reckless behavior . Lesson learned definitely. They gave such precise and eloquent reasons (from my perspective of having barely any knowledge about this) for all the transactions I kinda thought it was legit although suspicions did arise but my desperation took over. Damn 

I used to watch this channel hell of a lot so I felt like sharing in this forum about this. Hope it’s okay to share this topic here.

I’ve lost hope now I’ve lost my money. Well, life lesson learned. Keep in mind I’m very young (not excuse per say but still) and inexperienced with this. Also I’ve chatted with several chill cool people on Reddit so I thought he was one of those lol NEVER AGAIN NEVER NEVER.

I just wanted to vent a bit , feel free to roast or whatever or hit me up whatever if you have any help or anything to say. 

You are very brave to admit a flaw publicly it shows you have a strong sense of accountability. No roast I'm sorry it happened to you but I praise you for your accountability and your transparency. I have a bias in favor of people being accountable and transparent so when I see posts like this it makes me smile to know people like you exist. Thanks for sharing man, I also got scammed before for $1,000. I tried to help a stranger who was struggling to get money and it involved me transferring him some money. He transferred the money back to me but had lied to me that the account was his. It was actually his girlfriend's account. So she blocked the transfer and the money got sent back. My money however wasn't sent back since I approved the transaction. Not wanting to get the police involved I just ate it. 

I was younger and naive. I did leave him a scathing voice mail though lol. Basically told him he is the reason the world is evil LOL. Basically blamed all of the atrocities of the world on him. He told me he was a Christian and talked a whole bunch about Jesus. LOL!!! But when things went bad he went MIA.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

hey, sorry this happened to you, same thing happened with me a month ago with shrooms through telegram/ paypal. As i was soo naive, and my desperation took over and it clouded my logic. I believed everything they said. Even though it was for a small amount, still stung a lot as i was desperate also in getting the product as i cant get it easily where i am. Like Leo said in his how to avoid getting scamed eps, sometimes its worth it, loosing the money just for the lesson and to never repeat the mistake again.

Never buy anything from anyone online anywhere that doesn't have reviews. The dark web is reliable because any source you use will have reviews, and any good market will use an escrow system so if you don't get what you buy, the seller doesn't get their money.

This is another reason never to buy psychedelics over the clearnet, it's almost always a scam unless you use it to arrange a meetup in person.

6 hours ago, Girzo said:

There are trusted darknet markets with trusted sellers with years of transaction history that can't be faked.

Dreaddit is a dark net version of Reddit and I recommend using it instead. But only for looking for knowledge, opinions and reviews, not engaging directly with scummy people.

Thanks for the tips! Might try it out sometime in the future but with great great caution . 

im really clueless about this all I got are some Snapchat dealers lol

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You are very brave to admit a flaw publicly it shows you have a strong sense of accountability. No roast I'm sorry it happened to you but I praise you for your accountability and your transparency. I have a bias in favor of people being accountable and transparent so when I see posts like this it makes me smile to know people like you exist. Thanks for sharing man, I also got scammed before for $1,000. I tried to help a stranger who was struggling to get money and it involved me transferring him some money. He transferred the money back to me but had lied to me that the account was his. It was actually his girlfriend's account. So she blocked the transfer and the money got sent back. My money however wasn't sent back since I approved the transaction. Not wanting to get the police involved I just ate it. 

I was younger and naive. I did leave him a scathing voice mail though lol. Basically told him he is the reason the world is evil LOL. Basically blamed all of the atrocities of the world on him. He told me he was a Christian and talked a whole bunch about Jesus. LOL!!! But when things went bad he went MIA.

That was very lovely written thank you!
im glad you shared your story too! Yes I do take accountability and responsibility  for my actions as I made the choice myself to proceed.  Trying to not be hard on myself because we all make mistakes big or small but definitely making sure I learn something from this and change.

im sorry you went through that but the positive is that we learn something from it.

hahah me too I’ve said some angry things to the scammer too just because . I have nothing to lose now it’s too late 

there have been a few funny moments he even said “you’re high” becuase I said I lost 1k lol

One doesn’t think one will ever be “one of those “ who gets scammed. But here we are. Shows how even if you see yourself as being cautious we all can mess things up from time to time. Especially when young and perhaps naive.