Someone here

Why does Osho say there is no God?

25 posts in this topic

Here in India..there are still people who literally worship osho . That gives you an idea of who this guy was .

This is a famous video of Osho saying that there is no such thing as God.  He calls God "the greatest lie invented by man ". Because man feel very helpess .so afraid of death .so burdened by life's problems. So they (people) use the idea of God as a ontological bed to rest their existential troubles on.

I mean the guy (supposedly) was one of the wokest human beings ever. If you want to get a taste of how it feels like to see Jesus or Buddha talking..then listen to osho .

Still i don't understand why in this video he says that God is a myth. Even though most of his books are filled with talks about God and the divine. 

I'm confused ?. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I think he is talking about the idea of God which many people believe God to be. He sometimes might say God exists, and he sometimes might say God does not exist, because what he means by the word "God" changes depending on the context. 

And doesn't Osho always say "don't listen to my words, listen to the silence between my words, that's where my true speech is", so listen for the silence from which he is speaking, don't get stuck on the words. 

Edited by Vibroverse

3 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

I think he is talking about the idea of God which many people believe God to be. He sometimes might say God exists, and he sometimes might say God does not exist, because what he means by the word "God" changes depending on the context. 

I'm glad you get it, nuance....is a tricky thing.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

the god that people are believing in isn't god, osho just like buddha spent his life railing against this quick find quick fix mentality

when ramana was asked what is god he said, what is is god

you only find this within and cannot see it with human eyes

osho preferred words like existence the all i am for the ultimate reality since 'god' could appear to align him with the day's religions

Edited by gettoefl

If you listen to the video, he was referring to the idea of "God" as a projection of the father.   A psychological projection has no basis in reality.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

20 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

He means the god of religions. osho was a clown but also a genius

I agree.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Why is osho considered woke or anything I dont get it, just cos he had some intellectual knowlege on spitirual concepts

22 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

It's not possible to infer accurately what he means from this short excerpt. The questioner didn't constrain it to religion, he simply stated God, and Osho replied and substantiated his reply using theological reasoning

1 hour ago, bambi said:

It's not possible to infer accurately what he means from this short excerpt. The questioner didn't constrain it to religion, he simply stated God, and Osho replied and substantiated his reply using theological reasoning

I read many of Osho's books and that's how I know that he was sensing, in a sense, the meaning behind the word and responding to what is meant, or to his own idea about what is being meant, because you can hear many contradictions in Osho, and he himself also is aware of that and accepts that, and he says it is because truth cannot be confined by logic, that it is something dynamic when it is projected into conceptual frames that try to carry the meanings. 

On 16/08/2022 at 0:46 AM, Breakingthewall said:

What do you mean by that? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I remember in one interview osho said he purposely makes people confused with contradictions etc.. ,coz  this leads people to think and not take as a gospel 

Lol I have no idea why Osho gets any credibility or status within spirituality, the guy was a sociopathic nut job lol, how does anyone begin to fall for it

3 hours ago, bambi said:

Lol I have no idea why Osho gets any credibility or status within spirituality, the guy was a sociopathic nut job lol, how does anyone begin to fall for it

did you even browse if not read one of his over 200 books though ... imagine if you didn't know a thing about him but you dug into one of his extraordinary gifts to the planet

https://oshosearch.net/Convert/Articles_Osho/Chapters_Osho.html

then tell me if you find a wrong sentence

He laid down some serious truth in less than four minutes.  Most people were listening to their own internal gab and didn't hear what he was saying.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

God is not in heaven - God is in the present moment. If you are also in the present moment you enter the temple. ~Osho

Osho says there is God

Osho says there isn't God

He contradicts himself because context. I've listened to like 200+ hours of Osho at this point lol.

You can buy his audio recordings on your phone for like 5 bucks and the they are usually like 20 to 100 hours of him talking.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There are many philosophies and religions that will give you a simple and non-contradictory definition of God.  The problem is that they are all wrong.  Osho treats the subject with the respect that it requires.

Vincit omnia Veritas.