Dodo

:) Lets Write Down The Things That Put A Smile On Our Face

46 posts in this topic

Things that make me smile....

snow, lady bugs, kitty cats, meditation, family, the beach, working on my art!, pursuing my life purpose. :)

This

*goosebumps* all over my body

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@jse You sir, have the awesomest dog in the world!

I had these creatures around from the moment I was born and they have an amazing power bring more presence & joy in people.

Learning life from dogs sounds weird, but I'm amazed how much my awareness is affected by simply living with them.

BTW. No matter how was the day, when I look at this  dog-thing I can't help myself but smile :D:D:D 

20160806_151534.jpg20160813_132159.jpg20160823_161357.jpg20160929_164228.jpg

Edited by Thomas

Seeing the beauty of nature, always puts a smile on my face, no matter what else is happening in the world or in my life.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

You know the ssss sound chopped onions make when you throw them on a hot pan?

That.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

I'm also happy and thankful that animals are able to become enlightened, not just us. Just look at the clip below. Look at their behaviour. Actions speak louder than words. 

That time in your life when you are pretty sure you are likely the only person in the world who can flick their dirty underwear off the floor with their toes and catch them & with one smooth motion swing them into the corner or even more impressively, the clothes hamper.

On 12/02/2017 at 3:48 PM, FindingPeace said:

Seeing the beauty of nature, always puts a smile on my face, no matter what else is happening in the world or in my life.

CIMG4474.JPG.

There was nowhere in this moment that I could physically see my life's problems. No people, no money, no jobs, no success or achievement, no drama etc No life narrative. Just the scene as it was. What more is there to do in this moment other than to smile? and photograph it.

It's funny, we take photographs to 'keep' moments in time. But after a while you realise that every photo is an equally beautiful moment in time. And in fact there is no need to 'keep' it, or have an album of moments. Just wait for the next moment...and the next moment. The very act of taking the picture detracts from the moment. I now try to appreciate more, and 'do' less. There will always be another moment that will make you smile and a photo is never as meaningful as the moment it self. Just appreciate it as it is, there is no need to 'capture' it.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

20 hours ago, FirstglimpseOMG said:

That time in your life when you are pretty sure you are likely the only person in the world who can flick their dirty underwear off the floor with their toes and catch them & with one smooth motion swing them into the corner or even more impressively, the clothes hamper.

Oh come on,  this is obviously Ego talk.  This feat can only be achieved by monks meditating in caves for at least 5 decades..

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Going through this thread really did put a smile on my face. It's actually quite heart warming to read all the things that make people happy. 

Oh and connecting the dots, trying to make sense and getting a better view of the big picture, yea that works equally well.  

@Dodoster nice thread :) 

Ok, this one to me is really cute. A cat is licking and grooming a baby rabbit. The baby rabbit went away, and then another baby rabbit was waiting in line to be groomed. 

The beauty of nature

Animals

Human kindness

When you listen to a brilliant song and you get goose bumps

Hearing the birds sing in the morning

The colour of the sky

Humour

And when you eat a wonderful meal and it hits the spot

Being

Love

Peace

And this forum so I can connect with you wonderful people 

17 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Ok, this one to me is really cute. A cat is licking and grooming a baby rabbit. The baby rabbit went away, and then another baby rabbit was waiting in line to be groomed. 

3o6Yg0qzWILt5NCIhO.gif

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@jse She sounds like a great dog, those are all really good qualities to have in a pet.

Oh I have one it happened just now :) It's the moment when the cat is sleeping next to me and then I feel a light pressure on my arm because she moved her little head to rest it there. 

It is magic. 

You've resigned yourself to the fact that today, your burgers will be naked, then you find two stray cheese slices in the fridge when looking for the mayo.

20 hours ago, Dodoster said:

3o6Yg0qzWILt5NCIhO.gif

That's why I was saying that those cats are enlightened. They are real, not like the cartoons that you presented here. :P