Laxx

Quieted the mind a decent amount, feel no bliss

29 posts in this topic

Bliss is my motivation in spirituality. I don't believe that's wrong, although I'm sure some would disagree with me. 

Yogis and such talk about bliss a lot, so I don't think its wrong to want bliss from spirituality

I've meditated a decent amount, simply sat and watched the mind, and my mind has slowed down. It has quieted down a bit.

I now go a minute or so without a thought coming. I'm in constant no-mind.

But I feel no bliss.

It's whats talked about all the time. When you are thoughtless, bliss bubbles up from inside of you.

But I feel absolutely no bliss.

I don't know why.

If you're going to tell me that I have to not want it to get it, I think you're wrong because a lot of articles simply talk about attaining a state of no-thought and therefore experiencing inner joy/bliss

Nothing really about wanting it or not wanting it.

If it's all a sham and bliss doesn't actually exist within spirituality, just tell me now, so I can stop wasting my time

2 hours ago, Laxx said:

If it's all a sham and bliss doesn't actually exist within spirituality, just tell me now, so I can stop wasting my time

There is plenty of bliss in spirituality. It happens in the absence of "me".

Bliss doesn't come from an absence of thoughts. Bliss comes from higher states of consciousness in which Love and Oneness is recognized.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The mind habitually comes up with another method or milestone a practice or state, dissolving this or becoming that always finding a reason why one is lacking, incomplete so yearning for something other than what is.

Just be.

Edited by SOUL

You would get more bliss from a morning run in the park than from meditating for two hours straight. Best is to combine both and practice walking meditation.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

You can breathe your way to bliss quite effectively with a little practice. Not the kind of divine ecstasy that you would get on a psychedelic but still pretty sweet. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Any unresolved trauma or emotional wounding that there is in you is going to hinder your ability to feel bliss, it's going to cover it up. So having a quiet mind isn't enough on its own, you have to be aware of what's going on inside you on a physical, energetic, and emotional level too, you have to develop bodily sensitivity so that those unresolved traumas and emotional wounds, which are stored in the body, can become conscious and gradually unravel. And that can take serious practise, it isn't likely to be something that's going to happen overnight; it can be disturbing and painful when those unresolved issues do start to bubble up in you, too, it really isn't for the faint-hearted and it requires an uncompromising devotion to the truth, no matter how painful and troubling.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

The issue is not to silence the mind but to dissolve the barrier of the ego. the ego is supposed to be the thoughts, therefore we deduce that in the absence of thought there is no self. that's not true. it can be the not-self with thoughts and be the self with all its granite solidity in silence. when the self dissolves the mind takes on unlimited depth, and bliss occurs. this happens during meditation, but in my experience the ego has had to be completely vaporized several times before. this can happen with very serious and intensive meditation practices or with 5 meo. If you have not broken the granite block that is the ego, being silent for a minute will not help you much, only as a mental control practice 

@Laxx

Here’s the truth.

Everything is relative. You won’t notice bliss in the absence of pain. That is, if your everyday experience is relatively pain-free mentally and physically, the low levels of bliss from modest amounts of meditation will be less noticeable.

Bliss is the realisation that you are not connected to the pain, that the pain is not yours. Ultimate bliss is the recognition that no matter how extreme the pain, it is not yours - you have transcended it by dissolving the self.

Psychedelics allow you to witness this directly because they give you an overview effect of the suffering that is innate to being human, yet position you very much outside it.

If you are not reaching this state then longer hours in meditation might help. For example, you could try sitting through the pain of 10 hours per day of motionless meditation without any back support, on a very basic cushion with very little padding. Switch things up a little ;)

Once seen it cannot be unseen. The feeling that you are completely outside the pain is bliss. You will laugh, you may even cry tears of joy. Eventually the pain itself will reveal that it was always illusory, merely an energetic blockage that was inextricable from your level of consciousness. 

Do this enough and eventually you merge with God. Your body is rebuilt to do the work of God alone, and whatever you thought you were dissolves to nothing.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Bliss doesn't come from an absence of thoughts. Bliss comes from higher states of consciousness in which Love and Oneness is recognized.

This is false. Both will lead to it.

I live in a constant state of no thoughts, for whatever reason, and my experience is not any more blissful than if I was thinking. All I have is a more calm awareness, no feeling of crampedness in my head, and I am more aware of the present moment. 

But when I take psychedelics and reach far higher levels of consciousness where I am very conscious of love, oneness, and so forth, I feel indescribable bliss far stronger than any orgasm you could have. It's both physical and mental, and even metaphysical. It's just bliss in every conceivable way. It's sheer ecstacy.

When many meditators talk about bliss, they are probably referring to the former, not to the actual incredible bliss that you can get from psychedelics.

If you actually want true bliss, increase your level of consciousness, as Leo said.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

18 minutes ago, amanen said:

I live in a constant state of no thoughts, for whatever reason, and my experience is not any more blissful than if I was thinking. All I have is a more calm awareness, no feeling of crampedness in my head, and I am more aware of the present moment. 

But when I take psychedelics and reach far higher levels of consciousness where I am very conscious of love, oneness, and so forth, I feel indescribable bliss far stronger than any orgasm you could have. It's both physical and mental, and even metaphysical. It's just bliss in every conceivable way. It's sheer ecstacy.

When many meditators talk about bliss, they are probably referring to the former, not to the actual incredible bliss that you can get from psychedelics.

If you actually want true bliss, increase your level of consciousness, as Leo said.

I have accessed both types (in excess) through various techniques that did not include psychedelics. The latter type is not sustainable in my experience. It plateaued after a while and then stopped completely. I remember that it had a trip component to it, like exactly how a trip is supposed to be temporary and then pass. It's been a long while since I'd experienced such deep ecstasy, but I still do experience a certain level of elation mostly from walking mediation. And the underlying sense of peace and calmness is still there most of the time.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I have accessed both types (in excess) through various techniques that did not include psychedelics. The latter type is not sustainable in my experience. It plateaued after a while and then stopped completely. I remember that it had a trip component to it, like exactly how a trip is supposed to be temporary and then pass. It's been a long while since I'd experienced such deep ecstasy, but I still do experience a certain level of elation mostly from walking mediation. And the underlying sense of peace and calmness is still there most of the time.

Yeah, I know its possible, I've heard of similar stories, but it definitely needs something more than just no thoughts. Your level of consciousness can of course can be raised from means other than psychedelics, but it seems incredibly difficult to reach a permament state of bliss.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Bliss can most definitely be reached via meditation. 

It is not merely the state of no thoughts. It is the state of recognising that you are simply a vehicle for whatever is already unfolding (God).

Bliss is total surrender to God. Total surrender to your true nature.

Apparently.

Lol what the fuck, this forum sucks balls. 

All I got was a bunch of very woo woo tier non-answers.

Just stuff that I guess sounds deep but doesn't really concretely mean anything.

Thanks I guess, I'm out of here

Hopefully I can find a place to talk about this stuff without people dont say meaningless stuff like:

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Literally means nothing, I gain nothing from this response. 

Goodbye

Edited by Laxx

@Laxx Try a 10-day Vipassana retreat, and then you could reevaluate the benefits of meditation. 

You want bliss, but you don’t appear to have the required staying power at present. 

Apparently.

9 minutes ago, Laxx said:

Do you want him to feed you information with a spoon?

The answer is, no.

Quieting your thoughts is not enough.

11 minutes ago, Laxx said:

concretely mean anything.

Meditative states often are abstract.

16 minutes ago, Laxx said:

Why not ask him to further elaborate  before you cry about him not giving you a 20 page long , extremely detailed answer?

1 hour ago, Laxx said:

All I got was a bunch of very woo woo tier non-answers.

Just stuff that I guess sounds deep but doesn't really concretely mean anything.

Thanks I guess, I'm out of here

Hopefully I can find a place to talk about this stuff without people dont say meaningless stuff like:

Goodbye

you're asking about finding bliss by meditating, not about how to fix a car engine. what kind of answer do you want? something very concrete to an absolutely vague question?