Jannes

Is weed healthy?

39 posts in this topic

It has a psychedelic effect and relaxes you but on the other hand it makes you kind of lazy and dumb… 

It helped me a lot but it's not for everyone and if you get stuck in it and do it as an escape from doing other things you ought to be doing it can become unhealthy. Peak healthy weed use for me was when I trained, then came home smoke weed and meditated, listened to music, relaxed and just enjoyed the moment. Then the next day I went at it again, training/work on my passion, smoke weed, relax, contemplate, music, work on my passion, sleep.

Peak unhealthy weed use for me was wake up - weed > eat > shop > weed > music > weed > masturbate > weed > sleep > repeat. That's like my dream vacation but all play no work makes Jack a dull boy.

It has led me to very valuable insights about myself and helped me to be more compassionate towards myself and others. Sometimes I would feel like an asshole without weed because I was so caring with it. But it's hard to deny it didn't impact my productivity in the long run. But I would not say it made me dumb, personally. Because for the most part I did use it healthily. Maybe I became a bit dumb temporarily when I started using it unhealthily, not because of the weed itself but because of the fact that I was not doing things that stimulate growth in myself anymore, then you start to become dumber.

Once you start wandering outside what is purely essential, you're starting to move away from health.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Latest study shows that chronic weed use lowers IQ long-term by 5-10 points. By comparsion, chronic alcohol use does not.

So it's def not healthy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Latest study shows that chronic weed use lowers IQ long-term by 5-10 points. By comparsion, chronic alcohol use does not.

So it's def not healthy.

chronic alcohol use lowers your liver's ability to function...

2 minutes ago, kray said:

chronic alcohol use lowers your liver's ability to function...

Obviously. But it doesn't lower IQ. Weed does.

@Leo Gura if possible could you link the source? I'm having trouble finding it, this is interesting stuff and id love to share it

16 minutes ago, BartekD said:

@Leo Gura if possible could you link the source? I'm having trouble finding it, this is interesting stuff and id love to share it

Can't recall where I read the article/study. It's out there on google somewhere.

Do the studies show if the potential positive or negative effects comes from CBS or THC ? 

7 hours ago, sorrytoch said:

Strange my own research has pointed to the exact opposite, although the matter is quite complicated and not black and white. Most studies that show an IQ loss because of weed looked only at teens that consumed weed very frequently, and haven’t shown any real decline for adults. 

furthermore frequent alcohol use has been shown in numerous studies to lower iq. But note also that almost in every western society it’s would be hard to measure the effects of alcohol because nearly everyone drinks.

Yes, Leo seems to have a tendency to say X is bad because of a study he once looked at if he thinks something isn't good. And then he will not share a link to the study but make you go dig it up for yourself. At the same time he turns a blind eye to studies that critique the things he thinks are good, or atleast seems to devalue them to his own experience. For example, he does seem to think drinking juice is healthy(or have atleast said so in the past). Meanwhile there are studies out there that show a link between drinking fruit juices and diabetes type 2. Correct me if I'm wrong Leo, but according to your logic it seems that fruit juice causes diabetes type 2, just like weed lowers IQ. Where's that study I'm referring to you wonder? Go dig you it up for yourself, it's out there on google somewhere!

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously. But it doesn't lower IQ. Weed does.

How can you be so sure based of one study you don't even link to but make us go dig up for ourselves. How do we even know the study we find is the one you're referring to? I don't think fruit juice causes diabetes type 2 just because there's a study out there somewhere that says so. If it was for sure that weed lowered IQ then I guess me being on this forum in the first place might be because of a significant drop in my IQ. Even if it would be true that weed would cause a drop in IQ in adults(and not just a temporary one while being high), just saying weed lowers iq is an inadequate critique of weed that misses the big picture entirely. Weed can be extremely helpful for some people in many ways and the way you are critiquing it I feel, is similar to how Peter Ralston calls 5-MeO "Toad Juice". But who knows, maybe he's onto something here and he's discovered a pattern. Toad juice & fruit juice :D..

Edited by Asayake

As a rule lighting stuff on fire and inhaling the smoke byproduct generally isn't healthy no lmao.

hrhrhtewgfegege

15 minutes ago, Roy said:

As a rule lighting stuff on fire and inhaling the smoke byproduct generally isn't healthy no lmao.

Stoners will say "but you can eat weed", meanwhile most of them smoke anyway. They would certainly never turn down a joint ?

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

Stoners will say "but you can eat weed", meanwhile most of them smoke anyway. They would certainly never turn down a joint ?

I used a vaporizer 95% of the time. I seldom smoked nor ate it.

Just now, Asayake said:

I used a vaporizer 95% of the time. I seldom smoked nor ate it.

If you get to the point where you buy a vaporizer, there are probably other problems you have to worry about.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you get to the point where you buy a vaporizer, there are probably other problems you have to worry about.

Such as.. caring about my health enough to avoid smoking?

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It’s healthier for your lungs and you absorb double the amount. It’s just the smarter choice. 

1 hour ago, Asayake said:

Such as.. caring about my health enough to avoid smoking?

Using weed regularly :D