Matthew85

God state practices

53 posts in this topic

Do any of you have a favorite practice to shift or align with your God state outside of psychedelics? 

A couple I have had success with are chanting different names of God. Also, while I am hiking or walking everything I find myself observing, I say I am that. After awhile of doing this my consciousness feels very expansive. 

What is your favorite practice?

how perfect is my breath this moment, soft or loud doesn't matter, don't force just watch, and contemplate that god is deliberately keeping me alive this very moment, i can't do a thing about it except be glad to be here

13 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

align with your God state

I cannot escape it anymore. This state of heightened conscious is always present, inescapable, unavoidable. Sometimes when I interact with other people, I can be sucked in the drama, but even then I do it voluntarily. Even at that period of time I realize that there is no other, the only POV I can experience is literally myself. Which is ofc not even mine but just reality itself unfolding.  

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Being quiet, mindful, and fully present and noticing all of the life existing around me and recognizing its perfection as it is, even if some things may appear flawed. 

Try to evoke the feelings of Joy and Inspiration as much as you can. Consciously or intentionally engage in the things which give you the most joy and your God-State will naturally activate.

I am a musician/singer/songwriter and personally, I find that playing or creating music transports me to this state almost immediately. Music is such a powerful source of God and a powerful tool for channeling one's God-State. Even just listening, dancing, or singing along to certain music can illuminate you, elevate you, and bring you to a state of total peace, joy, and radical acceptance. 

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

50 minutes ago, Galyna said:

I cannot escape it anymore. This state of heightened conscious is always present, inescapable, unavoidable. Sometimes when I interact with other people, I can be sucked in the drama, but even then I do it voluntarily. Even at that period of time I realize that there is no other, the only POV I can experience is literally myself. Which is ofc not even mine but just reality itself unfolding.  

Sthg like solipsism and determinism combined.Congrats.

58 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

Sthg like solipsism and determinism combined.Congrats.

To be honest, it is still a mind, ofc we understand that there is no human being that controls mind’s expressions. 

But what I’ve noticed lately, every thought that appears in “my” awareness is so crystal clear.  It is noticed now how the thought is being born and how it dies. Never ever in my life I’ve seen my mind so clearly. Identity literally falls apart. 
Body moves on its own, I have noticed it also. 
Reality is magical and I love it. ❤️
It speaks to me via synchronicities all the time. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Mahamudra/Dzogchen type practices are my go to. But after a certain point, even vipassana, or jhana practices work, and even further, one just starts walking around seeing the God like beauty in everything, everyone, across all states, even pain and emotional distress. Vital at this point to keep going. 

7 hours ago, gettoefl said:

how perfect is my breath this moment, soft or loud doesn't matter, don't force just watch, and contemplate that god is deliberately keeping me alive this very moment, i can't do a thing about it except be glad to be here

Beautiful! Just observing the perfect synchronization that is occurring. 

7 hours ago, Galyna said:

@Galyna That is wonderful! I can get there, but I lose it. 

7 hours ago, VioletFlame said:

Try to evoke the feelings of Joy and Inspiration as much as you can. Consciously or intentionally engage in the things which give you the most joy and your God-State will naturally activate.

@VioletFlame This is excellent advice!

7 hours ago, VioletFlame said:

I am a musician/singer/songwriter and personally, I find that playing or creating music transports me to this state almost immediately. Music is such a powerful source of God and a powerful tool for channeling one's God-State. Even just listening, dancing, or singing along to certain music can illuminate you, elevate you, and bring you to a state of total peace, joy, and radical acceptance. 

I'm sure it does. That is wonderful. I agree, music is a very powerful tool to help shift our state. It's pretty magical. Music is very effective for raising my vibration. It doesn't really give me the empowered feelings of the God state though, but perhaps I haven't found the right music yet. 

Edited by Matthew85

6 hours ago, Consilience said:

Mahamudra/Dzogchen type practices are my go to. But after a certain point, even vipassana, or jhana practices work, and even further, one just starts walking around seeing the God like beauty in everything, everyone, across all states, even pain and emotional distress. Vital at this point to keep going. 

@Consilience Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into it more. I have done a lot of mindfulness practices and have benefited from them. They don't put me in the God state though. Maybe Mahamudra/Dzogchen offers benefits that mindfulness doesn't. 

Edited by Matthew85

5 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

dancing to electronic music but there has to be a good vibe at the place

@acidgoofy I find music to be a very powerful tool to elevate my mood, but I haven't achieved God state with it yet. But it is no doubt an excellent tool to shift our state. 

On 08/06/2022 at 2:39 AM, Matthew85 said:

Do any of you have a favorite practice to shift or align with your God state outside of psychedelics? 

A couple I have had success with are chanting different names of God. Also, while I am hiking or walking everything I find myself observing, I say I am that. After awhile of doing this my consciousness feels very expansive. 

adding on to your saying i am that during walking out and about, today as i walked i took to saying mentally "hello beautiful" to everything i encountered

whether person tree insect flower animal grass ...

it's powerful ... if timed right it allows for a deep communion with that object ... especially before people arrive up close, they take on a divine ethereal quality with that affirmation

17 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Consilience Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into it more. I have done a lot of mindfulness practices and have benefited from them. They don't put me in the God state though. Maybe Mahamudra/Dzogchen offers benefits that mindfulness doesn't. 

It’s very similar to the do nothing technique but ever so slightly more intentional, in my experience. You’re meditating on the nature of mind/on awareness itself without the mind wandering in distraction. And given that “awareness” or “consciousness” are the gateways to God, eventually the mind starts to disintegrate in the spaciousness. However, standard mindfulness actually does lead to the same place but from a different angle. In Shinzen’s system he talks about this spaciousness of a theme perception can take on. As we continue to apply mindfulness, experience itself becomes feather light and paper thin, Shinzen calls this spaciousness. In this way, perception itself is seen as being non other than awareness. Each route may be beneficial depending on various mental factors at the time of practice. 

On 8/6/2022 at 3:39 AM, Matthew85 said:

I focus on the fact that right now, at this very moment , this is infinity seeming finite. that all this reality that seems obvious and solid is tenuous, and that everything I think I am attached to is absolutely nothing, a dream about to fade that could dissapear in this exactly moment. It doesn't matter whether i do something or not, whether i think or not, just feel the moment

3 hours ago, gettoefl said:

adding on to your saying i am that during walking out and about, today as i walked i took to saying mentally "hello beautiful" to everything i encountered

whether person tree insect flower animal grass ...

it's powerful ... if timed right it allows for a deep communion with that object ... especially before people arrive up close, they take on a divine ethereal quality with that affirmation

@gettoefl What a wonderful practice. You must already be in a very high vibration. If you weren't that wouldn't even occur to you to try. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can sustain expanded states longer? I will spend an hour or two achieving an expanded state, but then awhile after I stop the practice I revert back to my normal state. It can be quite frustrating. 

Just now, Matthew85 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can sustain expanded states longer? I will spend an hour or two achieving an expanded state, but then awhile after I stop the practice I revert back to my normal state. It can be quite frustrating. 

I think you have to change your entire life style. 

What is the distinction between your practice and "life". 

Imagine if you lived in a cabin on the lake in the middle of nowhere, then when would practice end and "life" begin?

For me, part of entering into heightened states has involved getting in touch with strong sexual energy, but that same energy is repressed for me to function as my avatar in the world. So for me I'd have to either get very comfortable displaying and embodying incredible sexual energy with my family and work colleagues, or else I'm forced to suppress that side of me to function. So i'm kind of stuck between a rock and hard place.

Also it's probably worth getting a very clear understanding of what is happening when you enter into expanded states vs when you start to lose it and revert to baseline. There has to be something that accounts for the difference. Maybe you reverting to an old behavioral pattern that you aren't aware of or something.

25 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I think you have to change your entire life style. 

What is the distinction between your practice and "life". 

@Raptorsin7 Well, the practices involve chanting and very deliberate focus. I can't spend the entire day doing that. 

27 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Also it's probably worth getting a very clear understanding of what is happening when you enter into expanded states vs when you start to lose it and revert to baseline. There has to be something that accounts for the difference. Maybe you reverting to an old behavioral pattern that you aren't aware of or something.

Excellent advice. Part of it has to do with old habitual patterns of thinking that take me out of the state.