Loreena

What Are Some Good Books On Self Development ?

15 posts in this topic

Any good books that you know or have read.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

God is nothingness 

The success principles by Jack Canfield

Mastery by Georg Leonard

The big leap

Psycho cybernetics

Loving What Is

You can literally use this to get your entire emotions figured out.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

The Master Key System: Currently (Re)Reading

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Mastery - George leonnard

Mastery - Robert green

The road less traveled - M scott peck

Flow - Mihaly csikszentmihalyi ( ofc i had to look that up on google ;P )

Out witting the devil - Napoleon Hill

@Loreena Looks like you have a bunch to read already. You can PM me for more if you run out.....for some reason, despite the seeming cheezy-ness with it being such a best seller...and having this tittle.....I'm going to put this one first....because I feel it's the most personally-revolutionary for me:

The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

Tough question, I mean that's literally my entire blog. What I usually tell people is that it depends on what the person is looking for. What goal are you trying to accomplish? What challenge are you facing?

@aurum

On 2/4/2017 at 9:13 AM, aurum said:

Tough question, I mean that's literally my entire blog. What I usually tell people is that it depends on what the person is looking for. What goal are you trying to accomplish? What challenge are you facing?

I am looking for books on productivity, time management, task management, how to get more work done in less time, maximum productivity hacks, skills, tricks and principles. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for replying to my post. What's the link to the blog. 

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

The War Of Art - Steven Pressfield

The Top 5 Regrets Of The Dying - Bronnie Ware

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - Robert Cialdini

:)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Loreena said:

@aurum

I am looking for books on productivity, time management, task management, how to get more work done in less time, maximum productivity hacks, skills, tricks and principles. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for replying to my post. What's the link to the blog. 

I don't look at time management / productivity tricks because you're not getting to the root cause of the problem.

Generally speaking, what I often see is that people claim they need productivity hacks, but really they lack self-awareness, suffer from limiting beliefs or fail to think strategically.

I'm sure there are some useful productivity tricks. But it's just not what I'm interested in because you're not going to solve very much.

If you haven't read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, start there. That's a classic for a reason.

After that, I'd look into The Big Leap and The Success Principles. If social media seems to be a problem, definitely check out Deep Work.

Bonus: Read The Obstacle is the Way. Amazing book for flipping your paradigm on obstacles.

Good luck! Those are all links to my blog. Let me know how those books worked for you.

@aurum Thank you so much for the information. Your blog is great. Thumbs up.:)   I am horribly slow at reading but anyway I will check out all the books you mentioned and post my feedback to you. 

4 hours ago, Loreena said:

@aurum Thank you so much for the information. Your blog is great. Thumbs up.:)   I am horribly slow at reading but anyway I will check out all the books you mentioned and post my feedback to you. 

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Loreena said:

Just a suggestion- workshops are really good for this. Especially after your comment about reading. 

Workshops that make you partner up and do exercises, goofy, but by the time you leave, you've already started doing the practices.

Good luck. 

Black chalkboard paint is great too. It's a unique experience having a wall to write out anything you want, think, etc. I've done a lot of self discovery this way. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Black chalkboard paint is great too. It's a unique experience having a wall to write out anything you want, think, etc. I've done a lot of self discovery this way. 

Echoing this. Probably the most efficient and cheap piece of technology I got for self development. For me it was whiteboard foil, but it's the same concept. You will always look at it, and this alone will keep you on track. It's just something different to have this in your living space, in your hand writing, instead of just a note on an organizer or computer, that you only open on demand. I even tried recreating it with a tablet, a compatible pen and apps for it, to be able to take it on the road, but even ignoring the possible distractions, it's not as good. I still use it sometimes, but as soon as I get home, that shit goes up on the wall.

Most of the time just one word on the board is enough.  It works even better in conjunction with a journaling habit, because you always have a quick way to note something down that's on your mind, and you can get back to contemplate about later, it was a missing puzzle piece for me. Great place to put your mission statements, core values, whatever you're working on. It's very compatible with most of Leos videos, because of the way he structures them, almost all topics have core concepts and certain catch phrases.  If you want to archive your "mind map", you can just make a picture of it. Nothing needs to get lost, just because it's on your wall.

The only downside is that people seeing your wall of the weird will think you're a crazy person.