Preety_India

I'm gonna try LSD next week. What should I prepare for?

32 posts in this topic

Bring some videogames, toys, maybe some puzzles, you will need something to do, it Will be useful. Enjoy the trip! Anything will be bad, everything its fine.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:05 PM, Preety_India said:

@thisintegrated but you said that lsd is all about love vibes. Now you are talking about hell? I'm confused. 

Psychedelics basically just turn your mind inside out. It all hinges on where you are at. It can certainly go in both directions. Start with a low dose and see how you handle it, there is definitely no need to rush it.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 5/26/2022 at 6:30 PM, Alex_R said:

75ug is a perfect starting dose, dont take more than that, take in mind that you've been watching a lot of nondual content for years so your baseline of conciousness is way more up there than the average population, the psycodelics will feel much more stronger because you are more close to God-Realization.

This cannot be stated enough. If you are close to God-Realization...that is literally where the trip may focus on. Basically I went into mushrooms with the intention to be God-realized and the mushrooms were MORE than welcome to help reveal that to me. Its crazy because people think its the mushrooms....its not its your mind. 

I was able to actually resist most of the visual aspects of my trip on mushrooms, then took edibles a day later and got Ego Death off that. All mushrooms do is release what is already there. So you are correct, if she is ready to be God- Realization she will definitely get some unique things brought to the forefront. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

LSD in high enough doses will be a life-changing experience. Don't underestimate the power of psychedelics, it's like holding a loaded gun in your hands.

At this point I have had more than 15 Acid-Trips so I feel qualified to give some advices. These would be:

• Start with a low dose. That would be around 75-100ug.
  • Stay home / at a place where you have shelter, food, a bed, and security
  • Trip only if you feel good that day. If you are in a bad mood, don't trip.
  • VERY IMPORTANT: Go into your trip with a loving attitude, and with a loving intent towards yourself and others. Feel love and gratitude for your body, your mind, take yourself into your arm and be there for you. Really love yourself, this is very crucial<3
  • For the first trip I wouldn't make a specific plan for the trip. Just go with the flow, and always do what feels right inside of the trip
  • Take 1-2 days of after the trip to process it, take notes afterwards and maybe write a trip report
  • Lastly: Have fun and enjoy it!

Do you practice some soft technics?

Edited by tedens

On 26/05/2022 at 8:56 PM, thisintegrated said:

lol, did I convince you?

75 might be a bit underwhelming, and would really need weed to bring the trip to life.

75 is an option if you have a lot of tabs and don't mind wasting one.

Sure.

Just don't do anything physically demanding, and don't commit to any difficult activity.

Make sure you have things you can watch during the trip.  Keep in mind that what you enjoy sober you might not enjoy while tripping.  And don't bother with anything that has a plot you need to follow.   I would suggest something like Samsara or Baraka or Yellow Submarine for the middle of the trip.  Stuff like that feels like it's made specifically for tripping.  I'd also recommend trying out new genres of music while tripping, and just looking at a variety of art.  It's all 100x better on acid.

Also make sure you don't need to do much cooking during the trip.

And what @Loba said is important too.  You kind of "become" your environment on acid.  And on a low dose you just feel the atmosphere more.

Last thing.. I hope you're not doing this out of peer pressure.  The majority of the people on this forum aren't ready for psychedelics.  Even most of the people here without BPD and emotional issues aren't ready for psychedelics.  If you wanna do this regardless, you have to be strong enough to go through hell, in case you get a bad trip.

LSD + Cannabis is one of my scariest experiences ever.  A True near death experience.

Cannabis gives you Paranoia at times. Paranoia plus the airy feeling of LSD will make your heart beat like it is going to get out of your body.

The thought of the imminent death can not be escaped at this stage. Once that thought comes, there is  no way of stopping it. 

LSD lasts almost 10 hours. The ego will be terrified as fuck in that state. More so than non-dual substances like 5MEO DMT.

For people who ask about what "Bad Trip" is, that is long and scary, take LSD with Cannabis. You will get a good answer. 

You will not die though as the feeling will eventually subsides. 

plenty of good tips in this thread so far, but I'll add that you shouldn't go in with huge expectations especially if you're just starting with a low dose. It's totally possible you may be underwhelmed. Don't rely on all your problems being solved by one trip or something like that, I sometimes see people going into first-time psychedelic experiences with that expectation and then end up disappointed. It takes time and practice to get good at working within those states.

I would highly recommend you to read "LSD psychotherapy" and/or "The way of the psychonaut" from Stanislav Grof. He is the most knowledgeable person on the topic of LSD. Especially if you are planning to do trips with higher doses these books are crucial.

@Mihael Keehl thank you so much. Noting it down for reference. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

haha. Ill be looking forward to your trip report @Preety_India

I love reading first time trip reports.

There really is no way to prepare besides just telling yourself that no matter what you will love yourself and if you have any weird/uncomfortable thoughts, you will wait it out. Have like a mantra, saying, I am okay. This helps create safety and acceptance for me, as well as assurance I can endure the trip. And then... Be prepared to laugh a lot! 

There will come a point where you will feel purified. The beginning is usually a bit chaotic for me, but by around 2-3 hours I feel relaxed into it holistically. 

Don't be afraid to try safe activities. I've had a swirly time just taking a shower on 200ug of LSD. I personally like taking walks around 5-6 hours after dropping. I play guitar, listen to music, but I've also just gotten in bed, in my covers, with my head on a pillow and eyes closed - just being with whatever comes. There is no wrong answer besides acting on fear.

Being impulsive and afraid is what gets people into trouble, which is why it is important to agree with yourself, you will wait out any thoughts that don't seem good. 

Enjoy!!

Edited by SgtPepper

Cycling while tripping is the best ;D However I do not recommend it before a third trip. It's best to stay at home till the end if you are tripping for the first time.

Also be prepared that you will be really depressed for a week or two. I felt as if everyone died. I felt really disappointed about reality being 'fake'. It went away but I needed time to integrate.

..and as I mentioned earlier do not eat a blotter. Opposite direction is so much better!! The only important thing is emptying bowels before. I find the easiest way is to eat something, go to toilet, and than plug it.