Aldrich

Frank Yang is Lower Consciousness

60 posts in this topic

I am sharing my opinion on Frank Yang based on the single video: You Are (Not) God (Re: Actualized.Org/Conner Murphy) by Frank Yang . 

Here's the YouTube link: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFqj5cp6iOs)

Disclaimer, I wasn't able to watch all his content. I am just making this post as a precautionary measure. I am pointing out the stuff I was disturbed by when I was watching him talk. I also cannot comment on his more "out there" statements meaning statements which are excessively "deep" but not really deep. The reason being that in those cases I cannot understand where he is coming from. Actually there is only one part I was deeply disturbed by. I talk about it below.

1) 1:18 onwards: "In the more advanced stages of that [awakening], it's the death of the soul. Freedom is what we are after, not altered states of consciousness."

- I find this disturbing because he makes it sound like being advanced is about destroying your soul. I disagree with this because I see the soul as the authentic self that Leo describes in his video: Understanding The Authentic Self. Awakening for me is about aligning yourself with your soul or authentic self.

-I am also disturbed that Frank says we are after freedom. Not everyone is after the feeling of freedom. Also it's usually lower consciousness people that strive for excessive amounts of freedom. 

That's all. I don't claim to be a spiritual guru or a consciousness expert. I am posting just because I was deeply disturbed by statement 1). Statement 1) sounds selfish as F*ck.

There is nothing disturbing in the video.  You are disturbed because you are taking snippets out of context and misinterpreting what he means.  You are getting triggered by certain words, in essence.

What he is saying is what anyone who is enlightened knows.  First there is a self, a center, then there is a localized expanded self (i.e. a bubble), then there's a fully expanded self infinitely radiating outward, then there is bliss or God consciousness...and the last step is the cessation of any strand of self.

So think about the logic of the process of becoming awakened: gradual expansion of self until all sense of self is lost and merges into a field of awareness.  At that point, you can perform a test: look at something, like your phone, e.g. and mentally ask "who is the subject and which is the object?" The feeling that returns is that there isn't a subject or object, there is only one field of awareness.

So stop getting triggered by words people use.  Words have different meanings in different contexts.  Stop subjectively assigning the scariest possible meanings to them.

Edited by SeaMonster

Frank Yang is correct. The problem is that different spiritual “teachers” use different terms to say the same things.

Freedom = liberation. This is the absence of self and the realisation that free will was always illusory (since there is no-one there to exert will). 

It may be disturbing / triggering since the self obviously wants to exist.

Apparently.

There is no soul.

But you are God.

The aim is not freedom, it's consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SeaMonster

28 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

There is nothing disturbing in the video.  You are disturbed because you are taking snippets out of context and misinterpreting what he means.  You are getting triggered by certain words, in essence.

What he is saying is what anyone who is enlightened knows.  First there is a self, a center, then there is a localized expanded self (i.e. a bubble), then there's a fully expanded self infinitely radiating outward, then there is bliss or God consciousness...and the last step is the cessation of any strand of self.

So think about the logic of the process of becoming awakened: gradual expansion of self until all sense of self is lost and merges into a field of awareness.  At that point, you can perform a test: look at something, like your phone, e.g. and mentally ask "who is the subject and which is the object?" The feeling that returns is that there isn't a subject or object, there is only one field of awareness.

So stop getting triggered by words people use.  Words have different meanings in different contexts.  Stop subjectively assigning the scariest possible meanings to them.

I'm just a student here to learn. That's why I made a public post so that I can be corrected.

@axiom

16 minutes ago, axiom said:

Frank Yang is correct. The problem is that different spiritual “teachers” use different terms to say the same things.

Freedom = liberation. This is the absence of self and the realisation that free will was always illusory (since there is no-one there to exert will). 

It may be disturbing / triggering since the self obviously wants to exist.

Okay.

@Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no soul.

But you are God.

The aim is not freedom, it's consciousness.

I see. Frank Yang said we are after freedom. Leo Gura said The aim is not freedom, it's consciousness. My intuition tells me Leo Gura is a better source than Frank Yang. So the aim is consciousness.

@axiom, I am agreeing with Leo in that the aim is not freedom, it's consciousness.

@Leo Gura, I am so delighted that I finally got a reply from you. :) May I use this opportunity to ask you to be my friend? :) Leo Gura, the Supreme Great Creator and Overseer of Actualized.org, it is with great respect that I say: Would you please be my friend? :)

19 minutes ago, Aldrich said:

@Leo Gura, I am so delighted that I finally got a reply from you. :) May I use this opportunity to ask you to be my friend? :) Leo Gura, the Supreme Great Creator and Overseer of Actualized.org, it is with great respect that I say: Would you please be my friend? :)

He is your Imaginary friend alright!

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan

Just now, Harikrishnan said:

He is your Imaginary friend alright!

Nah. Leo is not imaginary. Leo exists. He is a source of insights related to spirituality, life purpose, psychology, practical living, personal development, philosophy, epistemology, and more.

Whether or not Leo becomes my friend, depends on time. Only time will tell.

I am grateful to Leo, some of his videos helped me through a rough time in my life. I'm expressing my gratitude by asking him to be my friend politely in a public setting.

@RMQualtrough 

1 minute ago, RMQualtrough said:

Unclear, don't get what he's trying to say.

Who? :) What who is trying to say? :) 

57 minutes ago, Aldrich said:

Leo Gura, it is with great respect that I say: Would you please be my friend? :)

You could try being Leo’s friend whether he likes it or not. I recommend camping on his front lawn to begin with. Maybe try painting a banner? If you look longingly up at his bedroom window then you’re sure to get some positive results.

Apparently.

Frank is def. full of sh*t.

People who don't understand that they are God are sleeping. God is dreaming up "Souls", "the feeling of freedom", and confusing these imaginations with actuality. Actuality is you=God, that's it.

1 hour ago, Aldrich said:

May I use this opportunity to ask you to be my friend? :) Leo Gura, the Supreme Great Creator and Overseer of Actualized.org, it is with great respect that I say: Would you please be my friend? :)

@Aldrich Let's be friends:) I am Le0.

1 hour ago, Aldrich said:

@RMQualtrough 

Who? :) What who is trying to say? :) 

Frank. Don't get him when he talks. He speaks in crazed spurts, seems super hyper. I'm not positive he's actually making any sense at all or if his fans are just saying it does.

Jordan Peterson is like that too lmao. I'm not sure he actually ever makes any sense at all. Well educated words come out, but the things he says are very bizarre.

@Aldrich Frank's awakening is genuine and deep. I consider him to be 'more' awake or 'more conscious' (whatever that really means) than a lot of other teachers. He has a deeply embodied realisation from a series of Kundalini awakenings, which most teachers haven't had.

It's very obvious, largely from his demeanour and physical appearance that he speaking from deep understanding. You can tell there really is no one there, behind his eyes.

I think people misunderstand and misjudge Frank, similarly to Leo, because he (and Leo) has a very distinct charismatic style which works for some people and doesn't for others. Again, similarly to Leo, you need to watch a lot of his content to really understand what he's trying to say. There are subtleties and nuances that are easily missed.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I'll bring out my stick and measure :)

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

17 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I'll bring out my stick and measure :)

That takes some spiritual balls to do, for sure!

9 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

That takes some spiritual balls to do, for sure!

:DxD

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Aldrich People are on different places on the continuum and what they will say is going to sound different depending on that. 

I think trying to figure out who is more realized than the others is a distraction and a trap. The more important thing is following tye one who you're resonating most with.

5 hours ago, Michael Jackson said:

Frank is def. full of sh*t.

People who don't understand that they are God are sleeping. God is dreaming up "Souls", "the feeling of freedom", and confusing these imaginations with actuality. Actuality is you=God, that's it.

How do you know that that's the end all, be all of realizations?