Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,802 posts in this topic

@egoless She is not into spirituality or Truth. She just tripped a few times.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless She is not into spirituality or Truth. She just tripped a few times.

Just curious. What were her insights? Did she experience full ego death?

Edited by egoless

@zikzak Right. Although 28mg is a crazy dose regardless.

I'm planning to offer some 5-MeO to a friend as well in the near future. He is very interested in it because I just keep talking about it as the best thing in the world. But it will be his first time, and I'm not sure which dose we should go with.

He has dozens of experiences with psychedelics and other drugs, and he can handle strong doses. He also has a pretty solid willpower when it comes to handling difficult trips, I've seen him be perfectly OK in instances where I was kinda beginning to lose my mind.

Anyways, I'm thinking of just giving him the full 30 mg, so he experiences it all right away. What do you think?

My problem with doing it gradually is that I don't have that much 5-MeO left, and I don't want him to be disgusted with the substance. Smaller doses are good to get used, but it's not really enough for a deep existential trip and it looks like there is a higher probability to just have an exclusively uncomfortable trip.

I survived 40 mg and it turned out to be the time of my life, so I guess my friend could handle 25-30 mg? I don't know, maybe my reasoning is wrong... 

Edited by DrMobius

@DrMobius Again we are talking intranasal right? I'd definitely offer him to try vaporized instead. But that's just because I think snorting anything is annoying and messes with the experience. But if he wants to do intranasal and wants to go straight for the breakthrough then 30mg IN sounds good I think. 

@zikzak Thanks for replying! I wish I could vaporize it, but as I said a few months ago I don't know how to properly convert HCl to Freebase. So it will be intranasal yes. The only inconvenient of this ROA is that we must use a little bit more. But other than that, I really like snorting 5-MeO, I don't know if you already tried, but it has an epic fruity smell/taste in the nose, and barely burns. I hope that my friend will agree, although it seems to vary from person to person.

Edited by DrMobius

What about the conversion explained on DMT-NEXUS? It's very straight forward.. Otherwise sandwich method with HCl will work fine also - just need a tiny bit more. But who am I to suggest this when you speak about snorting it as it was a finer culinary experience :-D

4 hours ago, DrMobius said:

Anyways, I'm thinking of just giving him the full 30 mg, so he experiences it all right away.

That is extremely stupid. DO NOT DO THAT!

Giving psychedelics to friends is a bad idea the first place. Let alone 5-MeO. Let alone 30mg.

Start with 10mg if you must. If you can't do it properly, then don't do it.

But you gave your girlfriend 28 mg and she was almost naive to it from what I understood, why the double standard?

You're right though, there's no need whatsoever to rush things. I will first offer him a small-to-medium dose, so he has a preview of the kind of effects it gives.

Edited by DrMobius

@DrMobius There is no double standard. She started with 12mg. Read more carefully.

@DrMobius Your friend seems to be well versed in handling psychedelics so I see no problem in going with a full breakthrough dose as a first. Some people prefer that.  There's not much that will prepare one for a 5meo breakthrough anyway. And as you say for some people a smaller/medium dose can actually be more problematic to deal with. As he has dealt with strong  psychedelic experiences before he probably knows about the game of letting go. Also you have handled 40mg IN (that's a lot dude!) so you can support from that place which is a great thing. 

I've had a friend doing a small/medium dose 3 times. And since he didn't have any psychedelic experience before it was a good way to get that. They were all great experiences for him and he felt them being very sensual, quite strong - but still very manageable. Then the 4th time, bam! Went for a redose and at the second dose he broke through. It was very intense with synchronized whole body movements and so on. Afterwards he was in shock that it was the same substance -  in no way he had seen that coming. 

Thank you @zikzak ! I feel reassured to see somone understand my initial interrogations on this. I agree with everything you said.

The difference between a regular dose and a breakthrough one is so drastic, and the effects of a small-medium dose being somewhat "meh", I simply didn't see the point to start small. But, after Leo's interventions, I opened my eyes to the fact that it's quite unnecessary to skip steps, because sooner or later my friend will get there. Testing the waters won't harm, after all I did it too.

Anyways, thanks to both of you for helping me decide.

Testing the waters could harm. As could going directly for a breakthrough dose. I have a friend that did 3 testers. Now he doesn't want to go for a breakthrough. Is it good or bad? Who knows. I think it's a pity but maybe it's for the best. What I think is most important in the end is your friends intention. I personally think a good way to facilitate is to decide as a facilitator what the maximum dose one is comfortable to work with - also relative to the person you will work with. And then let that person decide what dose/way into it they want based on their own research on the subject and the talks you naturally will have together. But again, many ways to do it. We're only juggling a bit of ideas here - 5meo will fuck you sideways either way :P I hope it will be a great trip for your friend! And would be curious to hear about it.

He seems to be interested in the whole spectrum of effects 5-MeO can offer, but in the breakthrough over all. I know him well, he will probably be ok to do it gradually, even if the smaller doses won't really do justice to the product. I've explained everything I know about it thoroughly, so he's aware of the huge variety of results this sole molecule can produce, depending on the dosages and the users. Yet he's still very motivated to try it for himself. I think everything will be fine.

I guess we'll figure it out soon enough. I won't forget to tell how it turns out if I feel like it's worth it. And maybe even write a TR myself about my own experiences. Thank you for the conversation. ^_^

Edited by DrMobius

@Leo Gura @DrMobius

Haha first of all Im jealous, maximum boyfriends gave me was sex and flowers.. never toad venom, it’s getting hard to find a guy out there with your no-depth mind as an example Leo 👌

And Dr, I snorted 5meo twice, the first time was 15mg quite pleasant, second time 27mg was a bit hellish because I didn’t surrender/ broke through and that’s why I have not worked with it since then, @Barna recommended me to restart slow and build my way up, so my advice would be, go slow to go further, even tho I had learned the lesson the hard way 😁

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

A full breakthrough dose of 5MeO sure does feel like a strange loop. Flipping inside and out, and outside and in for eternity. Anyone else feel that? 

A full breakthrough is sensory overload beyond feeling or any sense we know of IMO, A full breakthrough is pure experience.

B R E A T H E

I did 7mg of 5meodmt 6 months ago, had a really bad trip, and started experiencing tensions headaches and panic attacks for the first time. At this point, I am still experiencing very powerful tension headaches, which feel like my temples clenching very hard. I can move this tension around my head, into my jaw, and weirdly into my teeth, where it starts to really hurt. Anybody else experience anything like this? It's very weird

After 16 mg, 20 mg, and then 40 mg, I tried 25 mg today. (insufflated HCl, as always)

No breakthrough on this dosage although it still was very heavy. I don't know if I resisted too much, but I was fully conscious the whole time and didn't experience any "sensory void". Just layed on the ground in complete submission to the feeling, but this time with no screaming or any agitation (quite proud of myself tbh).

Not an easy trip overall and I'm not sure I got any metaphysical insight, but it was still important in that it reminded me that to be is a serious and painful thing sometimes, but you must go with the flow.

Next step, 30 mg. I wonder if it will be enough for another breakthrough.

Starting to discover my sadomasochistic side...

Edited by DrMobius