Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,962 posts in this topic

Yeah he made a post in his blog some time ago but I found a even more detailed explanation.

31 minutes ago, Calmness said:

Yeah he made a post in his blog some time ago but I found a even more detailed explanation.

Thanks.

I think I am going to leave 5-MeO alone for now as I can only source freebase and I don't want to smoke it.

Do people think doing several mushroom trips will make 5-MeO easier when I decide to do so?

Is there even much point in doing shrooms?

2 minutes ago, Craigxt22 said:

I think I am going to leave 5-MeO alone for now as I can only source freebase and I don't want to smoke it.

Do people think doing several mushroom trips will make 5-MeO easier when I decide to do so?

Is there even much point in doing shrooms?

FYI: converting freebase to a salt is easy using vinegar, and has been discussed at length in this thread, so that's an option for you.

Doing several mushroom trips is definitely good "practice" for 5-MeO-DMT, and very much worthwhile in it's own right. Mushrooms are one of the classic psychedelics for a good reason.

12 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Display_Name so you cannot prevent heart racing and panic attacs during come ups? Just accepting them? 

You can't prevent heart racing directly, but you can contextualize them so that they aren't panic attacks. When you fully accept them as part of the experience, they aren't problematic. It's normal that when something so groundbreaking is happening, that your body will become excited like that. It's just like when you have that first kiss, or get near the peak moment of an exciting movie. It's a normal physical/emotional response.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

1 hour ago, Craigxt22 said:

I can only source freebase and I don't want to smoke it.

How many times must we say that freebase can be plugged or snorted without conversion?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura We need a 5 Meo dmt FAQ area on actualized.org (on top with the updated plugging technique (boofing technique)). Noobs come here and ask the same simple questions over and over again. But this psychedelicum is the most important one here and consumption is a little tricky. Many questions arise

@Craigxt22 I know you have many questions but all are answered already in this thread if you read these 135 pages which I recommend

In instruction video it wasn't explained that to have 20 mg you need to use two 20 mg scoops. Because of that dosing might be confusing at first. My guess is that a lot of people post that they used 60 mg, but in reality it was only 30 mg. Still it's better to underdose than overdose ^_^

@Leo Gura Sorry for being a pain. The thing is, it's not that I am just posting questions without researching beforehand, but rather the oposite. I have done alot of reading on other forums/ websites, all the information I've gathered is contradicting stuff posted here, and is basically giving me analysis paralysis.

@OBEler I've read most of this thread, but shall have another read through soon.

18 hours ago, Corpus said:

If you needed 3 inhalations to have the full release then your technique needs work; the freebase oil pipe is very variable in how it delivers unless you are very proficient in its use, whilst being alert to the fact that different freebases behave very differently in the pipe. 20mg is a very heavy dose to casually suggest to another; should it be the case that the person you suggested this dose to was to have a "lucky" (or unlucky) blast and got the 20mg in one breath they would probably not thank you for it. It could be at best just a whiteout, or at worst a very damaging experience. 

This site is too casual in some of the advice given when it comes to psychedelics. Harm reduction seems low in its list of priorities. 

Maybe, do you have any good source on optimal technique?

4 hours ago, Craigxt22 said:

I have done alot of reading on other forums/ websites, all the information I've gathered is contradicting stuff posted here

I'd venture to guess that no sources have done as much testing as we have done here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

After 10 days I forced myself to trip again. This time it was more pleasent, probably stronger (same dose but probably better vaping technique) and definitely more energetically cleansing.

How many trips do I need to finally stop being anxious using 5 meo?

How many trips it takes until they actually become pleasent? They rather remind me my worst nightmares. I just wished that I never existed.

Is existence a never ending hell or it's rather heaven? It feels like hell to me, but maybe it's just because of my ego refusing to let go.

On 9/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, Username said:

How many trips do I need to finally stop being anxious using 5 meo?

For me, it happened after the first breakthrough. It took about 3-4 torturous first trips to get there, but all consecutive trips were pleasant. I looked at it as a sort of purging or purification of the mind and body. I was strongly resisting the flow of consciousness, which lead to a negative outcome. Just like electric resistance, or water pipe obstruction, creates pressure. 

During a breakthrough, you surrender every bit of resistance. Once all opposition is gone, the substance will unlock a radical state of consciousness. Don't bang your head against a wall though, if it doesn't work after 10 trips with sufficient dosages, maybe set it aside and come back later.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

@Arthur Thank you for your response! You answered all my questions perfectly :) My last trip was less unpleasant than my first proper 5 meo DMT trip. I might be contradicting myself but I even had some desire to trip again same day. In my case it might be better to wait another week to. Integrate properly.

I was a little afraid that the entire existence is made of suffering ;]

22 hours ago, Username said:

@Arthur Thank you for your response! You answered all my questions perfectly :) My last trip was less unpleasant than my first proper 5 meo DMT trip. I might be contradicting myself but I even had some desire to trip again same day. In my case it might be better to wait another week to. Integrate properly.

I was a little afraid that the entire existence is made of suffering ;]

you haven't broken yet, or maybe yes? . when your being disintegrates there will be no doubt. The first time for me was difficult, I need 16 mg perfectly vaped. I use a way of vaping that I read here with a flask. The one who published it had a nickname cobalto. it is perfect for calculating the dose. For me it's better start with 5 mg and after a bigger dose, because the first 5 make you softer to receive the next shot.

Edited by Breakingthewall

20 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

All???

Yeah. So... can plugg be freebased!?

jk. I got 1g synthetic. I've tried buffo previously, I think it was fairly clean and high quality, first time I took 15mg and second 20mg. Did not break through. I'll start from 5mg and increade dosage in increments of 5mg. I'll start with smoking and then start plugging after a few times. I need some help with a few questions : )

ROA: Can you recommend me a very easy and consistent pipe? The shaman I worked with had one of these. I also have a hera vape. I've seen more expensive vape pipes but I might not stick to vaping and plugg instead.

Dosing: I'm also getting a scale like this. I read that they are unreliable for mg weights, but I read that they work well if there is already a weight on it, say a 1g calibration weight, meaning it has a hard time weighing 1mg but it has no problem with 1.001g, can someone confirm?

Protocols: I was thinking of using this in a systematic and therapeutic way. Can you recomend me some resources, protocols or methods for self-therapy? So far I've got Martin Balls book on Enthogenic Liberation, I'll check out more of Leo's videos. I got MAPS protocol too. I'll read up. Osho was great when doing LSD the other night on a free sample. Really took me right there. Anyone listen to Osho while on DMT or you're just not there.

On 13/8/2020 at 9:44 PM, cobalto said:

I wanted to show you a method to vaporize 5 meo that I find very effective. It is a 200 ml heart-shaped borosilicate flask, stoppered with a cork and a tube passing through. I heat it with a large torch, which can give off a very powerful flame. This is important because the glass is thick and if you heat it well, there will be no un-vaporized particles. the shape is ideal because the 5 meo tends to escape when you give it heat, in this way it stays concentrated below. Being covered you can vaporize everything and wait, that the steam will remain there for a while, more than a minute without hardly leaving if you cover the tube. The flask fits perfectly in a typical ceramic cup, very useful to avoid burning anything. Another thing I do is apart from the initial dose, leave two more doses in the typical plastic coffee spoons, if you prefer it not to be at once. after the first, after some min when you can move, you put the second one and it practically vaporizes itself from the remaining heat. The good thing about this system is that you know exactly the dose that you have smoked, which I think is very important to move forward. I hope that it would be useful to someone

IMG_20200729_230126.jpg

IMG_20200729_230137.jpg

I use this kind of flask. It works really good. I have a round one but sure with that shape would be better

1 hour ago, seaturtle said:

first time I took 15mg and second 20mg. Did not break through. I'll start from 5mg and increade dosage in increments of 5mg.

Probably you didn't vaporize well, 20 mg is a big dose. Anyway, I prefer smoke it in 3 times, I put 4 small spoons with 5 mg each one , I smoke the first, wait a couple of minutes, after another, and another until you are off. At the end the breakthrough will happen, and it's not so traumatic than one in 1 shot. I haven't a long experience, maybe this way is worse but for me is the way to quit all anxiety