Vynce

What is your best investment for less than 200$?

11 posts in this topic

This question is inspired from Tim Ferris' book "Tools of Titans".

I'm currently moving out into a new home and wonder what your favorite (actually useful) material things are, which enhance your everyday life significantly. 

May it be for cooking, sleeping, reading, concentrating, meditating - let me know!

Pick up a guitar. God I love these things. I started playing a year ago and practicing always feels interesting and fun. You're never to old to pick it up. When you start just go look up guitar tabs to some songs you would like to learn and star playing. Gaining skill with the thing is so fulfilling. You can do it for your entire life. It's really good for your brain in general. To me it is a healthy means of escape and an effortless way to invest in myself. It's something I can do completely for me.

3 hours ago, Vynce said:

I'm currently moving out into a new home and wonder what your favorite (actually useful) material things are, which enhance your everyday life significantly. 

Kindle paperwhite. Minimalist. Can get any digital book. Has wikipedia, dictionaries (amazing for language learning + flash card option for learning those new words) which you just click and see the meaning or translation, and is thinner than any book. I got mine for $120.

Pull up/Dip bar converstion. The one you mount to the wall, not a door way. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Bullet journal 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Pocketbook Color E-reader, it is great to speed read on and just the most valuable physical asset I own although I own much more expensive things

@Vynce

9 hours ago, Vynce said:

This question is inspired from Tim Ferris' book "Tools of Titans".

May it be for cooking, sleeping, reading, concentrating, meditating - let me know!

Buying art supplies, like sketchbooks that are large, medium and small, and other specialized sketchbooks, and other mark making mediums like pencils with different grades, full graphite pencils, pens like ballpoint, rollerball and gel pens, markers, fine liners, brush pens, charcoal pencils, compressed charcoal, willow charcoal, black and white and color pastels, water color materials, acrylic paints and so on. Also a note book on how I draw and what each material can or can't do, what each feels like, what are the visual effects, and another sketchbooks for technical drills and for creative experimentations.

Art books from other artists, and digital art pen and pad, and a few art software. Best investment for me, because it's mostly in alignment to what I like and love of reality: drawing and constructing symbols.

And others related to self help, those help too. Books about life style is also interesting. 

6 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

Kindle paperwhite. Minimalist. Can get any digital book. Has wikipedia, dictionaries (amazing for language learning + flash card option for learning those new words) which you just click and see the meaning or translation, and is thinner than any book. I got mine for $120.

54 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Pocketbook Color E-reader, it is great to speed read on and just the most valuable physical asset I own although I own much more expensive things

E-reader most definately

A health book

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

A Kindle or any type of E-Reader.

You can find old used ones for $50 and have an entire library in your hands. eBooks are much cheaper than physical books too. It’s an asymmetric return. 

You’ll still have some money left over, which you can use to get a good pair of wireless headphones. These would be best used to listen to audiobooks and podcasts while you’re exercising or at the gym. You can get through an entire book in a week or less just by listening to an audiobook while you’re exercising. 

Ideally you’d want one with noise cancelling, but that might be outside of the $200 budget.