John Iverson

What workout should I do to get my physique to seem lean and toned?

12 posts in this topic

Please provide me with content or an exercise that I can use. I want to exercise to tone my body and get lean. Exercise for my whole body to look balanced not in the certain area of my body is big the other is smaller. Exercise that I can do from the comfort of my own home or on the street. Exercise to improve my heart and lung endurance. Strengthening exercises for my thighs. What workout should I do to get my physique to seem lean and toned?

Edited by John Iverson

Hire a PT :P

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Yeah, hire a PT, or do your own research into the subject. There are tons of material.

A friendly warning: If you don't have motivation to do your own research and start creating your own routine, then you probably don't have motivation to stick to aroutine that would get you the result you desire. In that case you are going to need that PT to regularly kick your ass.

You need some David Goggins to get you into that beast mode :D

@John Iverson  You can hire me ;)

Basically your question is; "How do I get to New York?"
But I (yet) do not know where you are sitting right now, got me? If youre in Florida it will be a different route than if youre in Hong Kong.

Translated, your body composition, age, history, diet, lifestyle etc.etc.etc. play a role on what route is yours. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Boxing, complemented with some core and pecs and back, push-ups and pull-ups for example

On 13/04/2022 at 11:27 AM, Realms of Wonder said:

Do you want your physique to SEEM lean and toned?

Or

Do you want it to BE lean and toned?

Be leaned and toned

Ye I'd hire a PT, too.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

"Abs are made in the kitchen"

You don't get lean from exercise, you get lean from eating lean.

Get down to 15% body fat from diet (or I guess you can go jog for 4 hours a day instead if you'd rather but personally I'd rather just not eat.) Then if you want to get extra lean you can cut out white carbs and stuff to temporarily lose water weight and puffiness.

being lean and toned mostly comes from diet. In order to lose bodyfat you have to consume less calories than your maintenance or burn those calories with cardio.

to build muscle in a balanced way where your body is built equally, focus on big compound movements.

For upper body: Bench press, Overhead Press, Pull up, Rowing (bodyweight or with weights), (Deadlift)

For lower body: (split-)Squat, Deadlift

Some of these movements require mobility and good ROM to execute well. If you lack that, spend time getting good form first. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

9 hours ago, Yarco said:

You don't get lean from exercise, you get lean from eating lean.

This.  Improve your diet.