Someone here

The endless search for happiness

16 posts in this topic

Okay so you search for happiness in sex and you don't find it .so you search for happiness in food and you don't find it .so you search for happiness in drugs (tobacco, weed,herion etc) and you don't find it .so you search for happiness in homosexuality and you don't find it .so you search for happiness in religion and you don't find it .in spirituality and you don't find it .

Where does it end ? When are you going to be truly happy ? What do you think is always lacking  ?what will send you home once and for all ? Probably nothing? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

you still don't understand what the ego is? the ego is never happy. give him whatever he found the downside. the only possible happiness is to transcend the ego.

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the only possible happiness is to transcend the ego.

How do you do it in practice? 

-Osho

29 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Okay so you search for happiness in sex and you don't find it .so you search for happiness in food and you don't find it .so you search for happiness in drugs (tobacco, weed,herion etc) and you don't find it .so you search for happiness in homosexuality and you don't find it .so you search for happiness in religion and you don't find it .in spirituality and you don't find it .

Where does it end ? When are you going to be truly happy ? What do you think is always lacking  ?what will send you home once and for all ? Probably nothing? 

you realize all of those things are shallow and superficial.  You just have to be happy for yourself.   Just be happy for itself.   That will come in time, with many decades.  I'm 51 now and only just in the past year or so really can be just happy for no reason at all...you don't "need" external things to make you happy - that's the entire illusion of the ego.    Everything external is an illusion.   (remember Absolute Solipsism?) The ego thinks it has to find happiness externally, but its internal, which means there is doesn't need to be any "reason" that makes you happy or source.  Just be happy for itself.   This is internal peace!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

you realize all of those things are shallow and superficial.  You just have to be happy for yourself.   Just be happy for itself.   That will come in time, with many decades.  I'm 51 now and only just in the past year or so really can be just happy for no reason at all...you don't "need" external things to make you happy - that's the entire illusion of the ego.    Everything external is an illusion.   (remember Absolute Solipsism?) The ego thinks it has to find happiness externally, but its internal, which means there is doesn't need to be any "reason" that makes you happy or source.  Just be happy for itself.   This is internal peace!

I agree and that's what I came to notice recently. Although it takes a long way of chasing your tail in endless desires before you surrender to unconditional love .

-Osho

34 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Happiness is actually a very simple thing really. It is something fundamental. It is found not by addition of things. Yes, there is a process where you do things to get there, but essentially, it is emotional transmutation that is responsible for becoming happy. 

Happiness increases the more you release your aversions within yourself through doing serious embodiment practices. The more you are releasing your subconscious limitations, the more you are releasing lower contractive feelings, the more you will rise towards courage, acceptance, peace and love. As you do this process, you will be able to flow with life more and more, you will be able to create and manifest what you want. You become a conduit for energy. Things effortlessly come to you because you get past yourself. Most people are not visionary enough to create it for themself unfortunately. They are stuck in their animal like consciousness that can not see more than 10 feet in front of them. People usually do not even notice their aversions because they are identified to the physical body. 

If you do not have any aversions, these child like qualities can exist within you and life becomes a playground full of possibility.

Close your eyes and become still for a moment. Start to feel the universe through your heart and imagine all the possibilities, the things you can experience. Feel the joy and curiosity towards those things. You probably already notice aversion in your body towards some of these experiences you are imagining. Why is there aversion? How can you create an embodiment program to grow past them until everything is possible for you? Freedom is happiness.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Hey, where did the dog go?

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I love this!  yup sound advice 'Everything external is an illusion'  need to constantly remind myself of this. beautiful words! :D 

5 minutes ago, cjoseph90 said:

I love this!  yup sound advice 'Everything external is an illusion'  need to constantly remind myself of this. beautiful words! :D 

3 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Hey, where did the dog go?

Lol...i am looking for another pic but he may return in the interrum :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

How do you do it in practice? 

you have to get out of the ego every time and as long as possible. This is not an intellectual process, it is something rather mechanical. at first it is only possible on psychedelics for most people. then with meditation, but it takes a lot of practice. in addition to understanding the mechanics of the ego. the ego catches you at the minimum and you enter a loop, it hypnotizes you and it seems that there is nothing else. It is an illusion that is never satisfactory. always has the taste that something is missing to be complete 

the ego is everything in your mind, the mental matrix in which we live and believe to be reality. It is false, reality is something much simpler and deeper, silent. It is a calm lake like a mirror, but not reflect, it's deep without end. it is easy to shake it and confuse movement with reality. when reality manifests it is obvious, that is what you are, existence, fullness, and it seems to you that you will always be there, given its obviousness. but the lake always moves again and if you don't make an effort to calm it, in a short time it will seem to you that there is only ego and the other was a kind of hallucination. effort is meditation. you have to clearly know that the ego is what it is, and do actions, or no actions, to avoid being caught. you cannot intellectualize the depth and richness of silence, you can only be. thinking is only good for one thing: trying to understand the mechanics of the ego. Intellectualizing the absolute makes no sense, it completely escapes you.

Edited by Breakingthewall

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

I live my life in a dream; the constant threat of a rude awakening keeps me on my toes.
-Mettley Zimmer

What is threat?

Where does it come from?

This is the truth of suffering (Dukkha), the first of the Four Noble Truths. This was the theme of my first LSD trip.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

happiness isn't getting what you love but loving what you get

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

happiness isn't getting what you love but loving what you get

I disagree. It's the opposite. 

-Osho