lisindel

Is it worth it?

15 posts in this topic

Are you really THAT much happier meditating for years? Are you really THAT much for filled putting in the years of effort of personal development? Need some opinions of people been doing it for a year or longer, and some motivation to keep going haha (well i'll never stop but still)

Check out the last question in this survey: 

The most common answer to a question 7. Has spirituality helped you? was: 
-It saved my life, and I don't know where I'd be without it
second monst popular:
-It's radically transformed my life for the better

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

it is damn arduous and a not for everyone sacrifice getting up in the dark the eerie silence the cold every morning

i am giving it all for what i consider the most important thing

i will keep giving more and more as my body allows

i seek absolutely nothing except a fantastic now

dh.jpg

Meditation is just a technique you can add way more powerful techniques in the mix but does end resault  worth it? I mean if you wanna be happy just because then yes!

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Forcing yourself to do spiritual practices and self help for years on end is not worth it. You will end up harming yourself. 

That’s sort of the vibe I’m getting from this post. I blindly pushed myself for yearrrrs until I finally started doing some healing and realizing I had been approaching my development incorrectly. There is this idea in self help that you will be happy and fulfilled if you just push through but that’s most often not the case. 

"You Create Magic" 

14 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Forcing yourself to do spiritual practices and self help for years on end is not worth it. You will end up harming yourself. 

That’s sort of the vibe I’m getting from this post. I blindly pushed myself for yearrrrs until I finally started doing some healing and realizing I had been approaching my development incorrectly. There is this idea in self help that you will be happy and fulfilled if you just push through but that’s most often not the case. 

So, then what are teachers and gurus like Leo talking about when they say that you have to have the discipline to force yourself to do any kind of practice including spiritual practices consistently in order to really see the results happen?

The answer lies somewhere between mediation for an instant and mediation for a lifetime.

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

So, then what are teachers and gurus like Leo talking about when they say that you have to have the discipline to force yourself to do any kind of practice including spiritual practices consistently in order to really see the results happen?

I’m not saying pushing yourself won’t get you results. And discipline is necessary. But be wise about it. If pushing yourself is causing you stress and anxiety, back off a little. That’s your body telling you something. Maybe you need some loving care in that moment instead. Maybe you need to recalibrate and figure out if you’re approaching things from the right angle. This idea of push push push until you reach your goals is hurting us. We see this all around. Self help culture, while it has some gold, is toxic and it’s hard to see that when you’re swimming in it. 

"You Create Magic" 

12 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I’m not saying pushing yourself won’t get you results. And discipline is necessary. But be wise about it. If pushing yourself is causing you stress and anxiety, back off a little. That’s your body telling you something. Maybe you need some loving care in that moment instead. Maybe you need to recalibrate and figure out if you’re approaching things from the right angle. This idea of push push push until you reach your goals is hurting us. We see this all around. Self help culture, while it has some gold, is toxic and it’s hard to see that when you’re swimming in it. 

for me i don't think about this work i set it in stone and do it ... if i did think about it there is no way i would be able to follow through

i do listen to the body, when it was too cold this winter i stayed in bed, i know the temperature that makes the sitting unbearable, i don't negotiate with myself and say you did good this week take a day off ... no i take days off for explicit reasons ...

what i know is the mind will use any trick to stop me meditating, its life is on the line, so i have to set the plan and stick to it

meditation is the answer to every ill in life for me ... this is not an opinion this is my experience ... if you knew me a year ago you would agree that i am unrecognizable

for me it is not self help but self halt

Edited by gettoefl

12 hours ago, gettoefl said:

for me i don't think about this work i set it in stone and do it ... if i did think about it there is no way i would be able to follow through

i do listen to the body, when it was too cold this winter i stayed in bed, i know the temperature that makes the sitting unbearable, i don't negotiate with myself and say you did good this week take a day off ... no i take days off for explicit reasons ...

what i know is the mind will use any trick to stop me meditating, its life is on the line, so i have to set the plan and stick to it

meditation is the answer to every ill in life for me ... this is not an opinion this is my experience ... if you knew me a year ago you would agree that i am unrecognizable

for me it is not self help but self halt

It’s good you’ve found something that works for you 

"You Create Magic" 

On 26/03/2022 at 7:07 AM, A_v_E said:

I get my pleasure from feeling powerful more than sex or drugs.

By power I mean inner one 

That's the best feeling in the world 

How long have you been doing it for?

After 4 or 5 years of doing self improvement , u will be in flow state  and u will be happy

6 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

It’s good you’ve found something that works for you 

certainly had to scratch and claw to dismiss the endless distractions ... world and mind don't want to go down easily

our destination is the same but our path and speed need not intersect ... me i am one of life's worker bees rather than the gifted gilded elite 

even though i am ruthlessly laser focused on self i do look to love those i pass by day to day

take a look at my timeline on twitter and reddit if you want, same username as here, i don't post but do speak to what others say

I have meditated every day for over four years and the benefits have been well worth it. Overall personal devlopment has been amazing for me. I have had some incredible results. 

I really enjoy the process of doing it and the results are a nice bonus.