How to be wise

Russian invasion a disaster, according to Russian soldiers

94 posts in this topic

russia is the second strongest militay in the world . and ukrain is not even in top 10. i do not understand how people are so delusional into thinking that russia is losing the battle.ukrain cannot win against russia. u need to research what happened in syria. russia beat the shit out of isis. isis was defeating syrian government forces. hizbollah , a rebel force defeated the mighty israel in a war using russian technology. russian technology is as good as usa. israel tanks were the best on the planet at that time and all of them were butchered by hizbollah using russian anti tank missiles.

Edited by itachi uchiha

6 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

russia is the second strongest militay in the world . and ukrain is not even in top 10. i do not understand how people are so delusional into thinking that russia is losing the battle.ukrain cannot win against russia. u need to research what happened in syria. russia beat the shit out of isis. isis was defeating syrian government forces. hizbollah , a rebel force defeated the mighty israel in a war using russian technology. russian technology is as good as usa. israel tanks were the best on the planet at that time and all of them were butchered by hizbollah using russian anti tank missiles.

Vietnam probably wasn’t even in the top50, yet they fucked up the supposed strongest military in the world

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

2 minutes ago, vizual said:

Vietnam probably wasn’t even in the top50, yet they fucked up the supposed strongest military in the world

imo invasion and occupation are 2 different things. invasion of ukrain is possible. occupation is not possible i think.

1 hour ago, itachi uchiha said:

Because some people study history 

russia is the second strongest militay in the world .

That's why they were not able to conquer Ukraine in a month and had so many generals killed? Don't get me wrong, Russia could use tactical nuclear weapons (I mean those short range nuclear weapons that won't have negative effects on surrounding areas) and put Ukraine on its knees. Yes, in that regard they are extremely powerful. But so far, they haven't lived up to their standards, because of the corruption present in the Russian military sector filled with yes-men loyal to Putin. Do you think Putin raged and started a mini purge in FSB because the invasion went as planned? 

Russia could still turn the tide, but it will be very, very costly and so far they've proven that they are just a paper tiger. If Russia objectively has the 2nd best military in the world, the rest of the world's militaries are filled with baboons armed with stones. 

You also haven't responded to my comment in the other thread you created praising the Russian army. Most of my arguments are there. 

2 hours ago, Fearey said:

That argument would only be relevant if you were with a large group of people, in which case I'd likely be powerless to do anything to stop you, being one against many. In the same way that Ukraine is powerless to stop Russia due to them being completely outmatched economically, technologically and militarily speaking. I therefore don't see any reason for Ukraine to prolong this conflict.

Them hating their invader doesn't change the facts that they're facing a vastly superior fighting force.

Well, Ukraine is outnumbered by the vast Russian army yet they managed to hold out and form counter attacks against "the 2nd best army of the world." Economically the sanction are yet to be fully felt in Russia. Technologically Ukraine is helped immensely by the West. Thus, I can throw the argument right back at you. My analogy is correct. 

I agree that Russia is superior (at least on paper) militarily if we were to take into account everything they have. However, this question goes deeper. Should David always surrender to Goliath? Should any group of people stop fighting against injustice and corruption (no matter how pacifist/violent the corruption is) just because they are objectively inferior? This is the answer I'm looking for from you. 

14 minutes ago, Ryan_047 said:

That's why they were not able to conquer Ukraine in a month and had so many generals killed? Don't get me wrong, Russia could use tactical nuclear weapons (I mean those short range nuclear weapons that won't have negative effects on surrounding areas) and put Ukraine on its knees. Yes, in that regard they are extremely powerful. But so far, they haven't lived up to their standards, because of the corruption present in the Russian military sector filled with yes-men loyal to Putin. Do you think Putin raged and started a mini purge in FSB because the invasion went as planned? 

Russia could still turn the tide, but it will be very, very costly and so far they've proven that they are just a paper tiger. If Russia objectively has the 2nd best military in the world, the rest of the world's militaries are filled with baboons armed with stones. 

You also haven't responded to my comment in the other thread you created praising the Russian army. Most of my arguments are there. 

russia do not want to destroy ukrain. russia want to set a puppet regime. also all the men capable of fighting for ukrain are in battle field. if russia kill all of them then after russian invasion , and after setting a puppet regime, there will be no ukrain soldier left to defend russian puppet regime. also russian tactics work differnetly. when usa invade a country , usa use planes to destroy everything. russia invade differntly  using traditional fighting which take a lot of time

only time will tell whether russian invasion is a joke or not , but i sure as hell do not trust western media as they made a joke out of themself. russian army is very strong. u need to research russia in syria , and hizbollah defeating israel using russian support.

I have observed a peculiar phenomenon on this forum: People possessing an "anti-west" shadow, either from a Stage Blue/Orange  perspective (demonising Stage Green Values and paradigms  such as feminism, gender fluidity,  deconstruction of traditional  gender norms, etc) or  from a Stage Green perspective (demonising America as a global felon, oppressor the Global South thus "pardoning Russia of any moral responsibility",  tend mostly unconditionally glorify Russian might, dismiss any western analysis that does not confirm their view as a "cope" or propaganda of the decadent  western world.  
@itachi uchiha I have never met you so I am gonna criticise  your Idea, not you. Having said that It's absolutely rubish. I can bet my left kidney and house with my dogs that you are not even close to eastern Europe, never mind post-soviet area (my bet was a correct one, I saw you are from India). Why am I asking this? You will soon find out. 

First things first.

russia is the second strongest militay in the world

On paper yes.At the same time, on paper I am the biggest fuck boi around. The reality is that my jokes creep the fuck outta girls. Same with ruSSia. It has utterly  enormous problems: 

I. Enormous. Gigantic. Beyond any comprehension level of corruption. My parents were born in the USSR. I live in a post soviet-country, and when it comes to corruption, it's our national sport (everywhere in the post USSR). Corruptions comes in different flavours:

a. Financial corruption. When it comes to the ruSSian army, billions upon billions of USD are embezzled. The equipment is often of  poorer quality than promised on paper. Very often.  When it comes to reserve equipment like tanks, armored vehicles, etc the situation is incredibly bad.  If 1 outta 8  of the vehicles in storage is functional (without stolen components)  it will be an  enormous achievement. Did you know that during the Chechen Wars, ruSSian generals used to sell entire tank regiments to foreign bidders? Imagine an American general selling american tanks for his own profit... at least for me it's unimaginable. Never mind helicopter squadrons, armored vehicles, and entire stocks of fire arms. 

b. Corrupt and Incompetent leadership. It's a pure soviet thang... You don't usually get promoted based on your merits. FFS no. It's based on who you know and how much would you pay. It's easy to realise  the consequences of a corrupt chain of command. I am not saying that every ruSSian general is incompetent but, a very large chunk is. Shoygu is a very good example. Was never exceptional or very good at his job. Yet the reason heis the MoD  is that he is the most convenient politically and for the time being docile. 

c. Incompetent officers. The ruSSian army is a very rigid structure that does not promote any personal initiative from lower-rank officers. As a result this creates a lot of mistrust and high-rank officers are obliged to lead from the front lines. A consequence of that, 7 ruSSian generals killed in less than one month.  The USSR lost 5 in 10 years in Afghanistan, while the Americans lost 2.  You can invest hundreds of billions in the army, but if your officers are shite, you get wrecked. That's the situation with the ruSSians in Ukraine. 

II. Small budget. At the first glance 60 billion USD is a very large sum. But, let's have a closer look. It's 60 billion for the Army, Navy and Air Force.  Bearing in mind the fact that ruSSia hasn't abandoned its ambition to build a strong Navy,  while also investing in the other branches, 60 billion is quite a small sum. Add up the corruption and the poor leadership and a fuck fest is guaranteed.  

In this post I analysed the structural problems of the ruSSian army. In the next one I am going to talk about the tactical problems. 

49 minutes ago, pedro23 said:

I have observed a peculiar phenomenon on this forum: People possessing an "anti-west" shadow, either from a Stage Blue/Orange  perspective (demonising Stage Green Values and paradigms  such as feminism, gender fluidity,  deconstruction of traditional  gender norms, etc) or  from a Stage Green perspective (demonising America as a global felon, oppressor the Global South thus "pardoning Russia of any moral responsibility",  tend mostly unconditionally glorify Russian might, dismiss any western analysis that does not confirm their view as a "cope" or propaganda of the decadent  western world.  

after ussr collapsed, usa is the biggest war criminal on the planet. nato comes second in war crimes. usa and nato killed a lot in africa and middle east for profit. at the moment there is a conflict going on in yemen and africa and usa is indirectly behind it and i bet u do not know this.syrian civil war was started by usa and nato . gaddafi was killedd by usa and nato. and i can go on and on. infact a lot of war crimes in africa is still hidden and it is very depressing if i try to research it. i will be depressed. usa and nato is behind all this for profit

regarding corruption, i do not know a lot about it.russian weapons are as good as usa . i hope russia win this conflict. russia protect many countries from nato and usa. if russia lose then many non western  alligned countries will be fucked and destroyed.

only time will tell the truth. entire media is corrupt. all the media channle that say russian side of story are banned. and i surely do not trust western aligned media

Edited by itachi uchiha

4 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

Evidence on the ground. Kherson for example, Russia is losing ground. Kyiv Russia is losing ground and getting units encircled. Chernihiv in the north east its more even, they may even be making ground there. In the south east its hell for all involved.

Russia is not the second strongest military in the world anymore. Its equipment is outdated, its logistics are garbage, its coordination between air and ground is terrible. Their communication systems are not at all sophisticated and easily hacked. Their men are undertrained and their officers often don't have a clue. The men on the ground don't have enough supplies or the gear they need to do the job. If it truly were the second best military in the world this region would have been completely overrun in a few weeks.

Ukraine IS winning against Russia. This is the reality check you cannot see. Russia is no longer all powerful, you are thinking of their neighbor China.

Russian technology is a million miles away from American equipment. Its economy is less than the size of Texas, a powerful but single state in America. There is no comparison. They spend a fraction of the US budge on their military. As for tanks being generally less useful elsewhere, yes Tanks are not all powerful anymore, and guess what that's the bulk of the Russian army, Tanks.

This is a budget comparison:
https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/16878.jpeg

It gives you some idea of the gap, over time this gap means an increasing divergence in the quality.

@BlueOak i will tell this briefly. russian technology beat usas technology in syria and lebnon.i do not know about their inner corruption. all the media that support russia are blocked and taken down. the media which say russia is losing are western alligned media and cannot be trusted.

1 minute ago, itachi uchiha said:

@BlueOak i will tell this briefly. russian technology beat usas technology in syria and lebnon.i do not know about their inner corruption. all the media that support russia are blocked and taken down. the media which say russia is losing are western alligned media and cannot be trusted.

Well we cannot ignore, and I should have mentioned in that comparison that of course the reason Ukraine is holding and in some areas beating back Russia is not only down to their fighting spirit, homeland advantage, but also the flood of weapons from across Europe into their neighboring state.

Its also simple things like civilians in their homes telling the Ukranians where the Russians are, because Ukraine itself is fighting Russia. Its all the people making roadblocks or getting supplies or men to the front in their cars. Everyone is involved. Its Russia fighting let's say 20 million people. Maybe that's an exaggeration maybe they are fighting 10 million, but that's not a cost Russia is going to want to pay in a conventional war. They'd need to draft most of their young into the fight, like Ukraine has. 

So its more that its the Russia military vs the Population of Ukraine, because Ukraine really feels like they are in a fight to the death for their identity.

Here is a good tactical analysis of a few of the conflict points. It is somewhat western biased but he also criticizes things like aspects of psychological warfare from Ukraine as well or the reality of what is happening vs the fantasy.

He raises important points like there being many more weapons than advertised being brought in, to be sustain the war, and those 300,000 Ukrainians that re-entered the country, what training and weapons they've received to assist.

I like him because he doesn't sensationalize anything. Kind of person I can listen calmly.

8 hours ago, Fearey said:

Russia due to them being completely outmatched economically, technologically and militarily speaking.

You don't know that.

I've only just found this, it is a step by step breakdown of the war day by day on the map with video evidence where possible:

Edited by BlueOak

From what I have gathered one of the reason the russian's might be having such problems is because they have a very centralized command structure, meaning that most soldiers simply get told what to do and are not taught to adapt on the fly and think for themselves, to such a degree that many of them don't even know the purpose of the tasks for any given mission. This kind of command structure can work, but only as long as things go to plan, at which point dynamic adaptation is necessary, which the individual soldiers and officers are not trained for. They are supposed to simply listen to the central command, which are obviously not on the ground and therefore can't really react to situations as dynamically.

This leads to situations where singular tanks are driving around in the middle of nowhere because they are just following orders even if it doesn't make sense to do so. This is in a stark difference to NATO militiaries that usually are very decentralized, meaning individual units are trained and expected to adapt and make decisions on their own depending on what they are facing on the ground. For the russians, if something does not go according to plan, the information has to go up central command which then has to make a decision which the soldiers then have to execute, which obviously does not work when things are very dynamic and chaotic. Not to mention how bad things can get once you have communication problems. Thismight also be why so many Russian generals are being killed because this forced them to get on the ground themselves, because they are the ones making all the decisions.

The Russians also have problems with troop morale, which is not to underestimate in any given conflict, while the Ukrainians have very high morale. All of these issues are exacerbated by the amount of corruption in the russian state.

Glory to Israel

If Putin loses this war surely his position as leader of Russia becomes untenable. Losing to, in Putins own words, ‘a bunch of neo nazis and drug addicts in Kyiv’. ?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

4 hours ago, vizual said:

If Putin loses this war surely his position as leader of Russia becomes untenable. Losing to, in Putins own words, . ?

“a bunch of neo nazis and drug addicts in Kyiv” backed by the West.

You are delusional thinking that the fight is against Ukraine.

Please check out this video:

Video was released in 2019!

It's scary how accurate they predicted this shit.

Also look at the thumbnail it looks like the Corona Virus.

I really hope they are wrong.