Someone here

Truth VS happiness

40 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

I still have this question that I'm struggling to answer for myself.  What's more important...truth or happiness? 

Would you rather live in delusion and be happy or live in truth and be miserable? 

You can have both.  But let's just say for the sake of the question that you couldn't.  Ide take delusion over suffering.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You can have both.  But let's just say foe the sake if the question that you couldn't.  Ide take delusion over suffering.

So happiness matter more than truth ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So happiness matter more than truth ?

I think maybe from the ego's POV..but here is an interesting question...If you could know the exact day and time of your death would you want to know  it?

But yeah the ego would rather not know the Truth because the Truth kills it in the Absolute sense.  The ego is delusion in the Absolute sense So it has to remain deluded to survive :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Someone here practically, the suicide rate is very low something like 0.01%. It can't be used as a good argument for happiness and truth being anything to do with living.

But you are right, happiness is not one-dimensional and neither is truth, they have many sources and qualities. How can you judge if one type of happiness is equal or better than one type of truth and that those things are essential for living?

All stories and explanations are false.

33 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

But you are right, happiness is not one-dimensional and neither is truth, they have many sources and qualities. How can you judge if one type of happiness is equal or better than one type of truth and that those things are essential for living?

Happiness is basic human nature, what happens is that with all the egoic shit that we accumulate it becomes opaque, it stops flowing. truth is happiness. Obviously, if your bones are being crushed with an iron bar, you will not see the truth, you will only feel pain and despair. The same happens if you are bombarding yourself with conceptual madness like: only I exist, the others are characters in a video game. you are veiling happiness, truth, because truth is no-mind, and everything that is mind is a veil.

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Truth in the absolute sense it is not something concrete, type: I am alone. Truth is what you are. I am the truth and the life, etc, remember? you are the truth and the truth is god, and it is absolute joy. beyond the mind obviously. it is necessary to transcend

You can transcend ad infinitum but sometime you need to go through it. Running won't help.

I think Happiness is sought first, and only after a "critical level" of happiness has been achieved does one have an appetite for Truth. In other words, Happiness does seem to be a more important goal than is the Truth for most people, but, once Happiness is achieved, Truth-seeking becomes more important.

-Osho

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

.If you could know the exact day and time of your death would you want to know  it?

Hell no ?

P.s I thought death is imaginary! ;)

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I think Happiness is sought first, and only after a "critical level" of happiness has been achieved does one have an appetite for Truth. In other words, Happiness does seem to be a more important goal than is the Truth for most people, but, once Happiness is achieved, Truth-seeking becomes more important.

the problem with that is that imo won't work, you can look for happiness in all possible ways you never reach it. the only happiness is the truth and it is here and now, but to see it you have to solve an enigma: the ego 

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

You can transcend ad infinitum but sometime you need to go through it. Running won't help.

What do you mean? You have to trascend the ego, no more. Go beyond of the mind

Edited by Breakingthewall

Resilience.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

54 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the problem with that is that imo won't work, you can look for happiness in all possible ways you never reach it. the only happiness is the truth and it is here and now, but to see it you have to solve an enigma: the ego 

I don't think it has anything to do with  the ego . Happiness can be found in certain actions. Even spiritual happiness. Feeling good sensations. It all basically boils down to sensations in the body. 

And just to not beat around the bush.. This utopian Buddhist unconditional happiness is a myth. 

The reality of the matter is that you are a biological robot.. Play with the levels of Serotonin in your brain and it will become impossible for you to be happy.  And you will need 3 pills of Prozac every day just to feel just fine. 

It's all programed into you from the beginning.. Stuff like a good meal.. Sexual orgasm.. Socializing.. Entertainment.. Etc pull the switch of dopamine in your brain and that basically makes you happy... That's all that there is to it.  There is no such thing as "unconditional happiness" imo

-Osho

You are wrong, believe me. what you need is to get out of the ego even for a moment to be able to see it. It is not utopian Buddhist, it is reality. it is completely obvious, but from the ego it is impossible to see it. That's why people use psychedelics. also meditation, if you get half a minute to go beyond the mind you understand. then you forget, you see it again 100 more times until it is definitely clear. what is completely certain is that with the mind, that is, by thinking, it is not possible to understand it. you can't fully understand a system from the inside, you have to get out of it and see the big picture

I'm more inclined to say happiness. If I'm not happy, what is the point of living in truth, but suffering? Just so I can say "I know the truth"?

Hard question.

Edited by mojsterr

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Hence personal development first.  If you go.for Truth too early you see what happens......

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Since everyone is deluded about something we might as well enjoy the trip.

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

happiness is duality, who would want to live there

Hm. I quite like this game.

Watch from 50:53 ❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake nice video .do you know that part 3 is up now ?;) 

-Osho

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

@VeganAwake nice video .do you know that part 3 is up now ?;) 

Yes I have thx...

The descriptions of the ego and it's influence are really done well.

There wasn't a complete seeing through the illusion of self because there is still the belief in a higher/true self stemming from eastern spiritual teachings but his videos are very well laid out.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi