SamC

Leo, How do you deal with solipsism?

20 posts in this topic

Last Tuesday I had a God realization were I realized that I was love and that love ( me) was the only thing that existed. There are no other minds. I did this by taking LSD

Now, post trip I feel kind of depressed about that. Nothing seems real. I am really attatched to my family, pets and friends being real and that I can help other people but now its kind of pointless to do any of that. Everything that I wanted before, now seems less enjoyable. Life itself feels kind of empty.

Note, while I feel bummed out about that I at the same time feel more love to everyone and everything and my social anxiety is pretty much obliterated so I am happy... I just want to get over the bump where solpsism bother me, cause ive gotten over similar bumps before and I think I will again.

Any pointers? Any advice? Does the uneasy feeling of being alone settle in time, lol.

@Leo Gura

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Give it some time and you feel forget about.

Awakening strips life of all meaning. Because all meaning is a fabrication and a function of survival.

Yes, life feels empty without meaning because it is empty.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, SamC said:

Now, post trip I feel kind of depressed about that. Nothing seems real. I am really attatched to my family, pets and friends being real and that I can help other people but now its kind of pointless to do any of that. Everything that I wanted before, now seems less enjoyable. Life itself feels kind of empty.

Everything still is real it has just been recontexualized.  Just give yourself time to integrate.   There nothing wrong with attachments and you do not need to give up anything.  Ultimately reality will only become more beautiful for you and miraculous.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Awakening strips life of all meaning. Because all meaning is a fabrication and a function of survival.

@Leo Gura That actually made me feel so happy and calm. Thanks for the love Leo:x

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Everything still is real it has just been recontexualized.  Just give yourself time to integrate.   There nothing wrong with attachments and you do not need to give up anything.  Ultimately reality will only become more beautiful for you and miraculous.

@Inliytened1 ?❤ Just thank you

i've been there, i had very rough time, you can read my those topics it may help:

[1]

[2] https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/78708-trip-report-of-going-to-hell-to-the-point-of-suicide /#comment-1099770

Time really heals it. Also solipsism seen from "ego-mind" is pure hell, you are a dream, just like anything, and just like every other-human-being.

What also helps it's seeing it as : yes,  everyone is you,  and from your dreamt pov they don't have experience, but you are them, and you'll experience it, and even see your currenct body, as a dream character. It's all one. You are not alone, just so together. It will really get better, trust me.

Edited by Forza21

1 hour ago, Forza21 said:

i've been there, i had very rough time, you can read my those topics it may help:

[1]

[2] https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/78708-trip-report-of-going-to-hell-to-the-point-of-suicide /#comment-1099770

Time really heals it. Also solipsism seen from "ego-mind" is pure hell, you are a dream, just like anything, and just like every other-human-being.

What also helps it's seeing it as : yes,  everyone is you,  and from your dreamt pov they don't have experience, but you are them, and you'll experience it, and even see your currenct body, as a dream character. It's all one. You are not alone, just so together. It will really get better, trust me.

Great to see you're feeling better

15 hours ago, Forza21 said:

[1]

@Forza21 Thanks man! How long time did it take for you to feel better about it?

To whom nothing seems real? No other minds? There is no such a thing as mind at all. There is only Consciousness, and within can appear the distinction "mind", which usually refer to the perception of thought activities. But it is all Consciousness, so its not that "there are no other minds" - there never was any mind to begin with. The belief that mind has some existence of its own is the dream that trap Consciousness, even after awakening. 

It is time to stop playing mind games. A spiritual mind has a momentum to model Consciousness, so he is trying to "understand" its own nature which is a completely futile endeavor. So the only reason your mind creates a depressed disposition toward life, is because the awakening isn't deep enough, and identification with thought is still occurring. Even the belief in solipsism can create this disposition - "I am the only one that exist, bla bla bla". Well, it is true that only Consciousness "isses", and every other "thing" is a form of Consciousness. But when it is played over and over again in the mind, that is just more mind games - the mind is not the only one that exist, because it doesn't exist to begin with. That is to say, it doesn't exist on its own right, it derives its existence from Consciousness, which is the nature of mind (and of all of existence).

So yes, if you are going to keep this mental chatter of "I am the only one that exist" within the mind, you will probably continue to feel depressed because now not only you are still identified with mind processes, you also believe that this mind is the only thing that exists in reality. This is both false and not a recommended belief to hold if you want to relate to life and others in a powerful and effective way. Remember, the feelings in the body will always reflect the content of the mind. 

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How long should I count on it taking? I'm looking to build proper expectations;)

@Leo Gura

12 hours ago, SamC said:

@Forza21 Thanks man! How long time did it take for you to feel better about it?

Still recovering, but after 2 weeks its much easier. Also what i've noticed, it's only "thought attachment" which make you suffer. No thoughts = no suffering, and just enjoying life. IF you want to talk, just pm me, you are not alone!! 
Love!!

On 6.03.2022 at 7:40 PM, Mips said:

Great to see you're feeling better

Thank you so much brother!

Edited by Forza21

On 3/7/2022 at 9:05 AM, Batman said:

To whom nothing seems real? No other minds? There is no such a thing as mind at all. There is only Consciousness, and within can appear the distinction "mind", which usually refer to the perception of thought activities. But it is all Consciousness, so its not that "there are no other minds" - there never was any mind to begin with. The belief that mind has some existence of its own is the dream that trap Consciousness, even after awakening. 

It is time to stop playing mind games. A spiritual mind has a momentum to model Consciousness, so he is trying to "understand" its own nature which is a completely futile endeavor. So the only reason your mind creates a depressed disposition toward life, is because the awakening isn't deep enough, and identification with thought is still occurring. Even the belief in solipsism can create this disposition - "I am the only one that exist, bla bla bla". Well, it is true that only Consciousness "isses", and every other "thing" is a form of Consciousness. But when it is played over and over again in the mind, that is just more mind games - the mind is not the only one that exist, because it doesn't exist to begin with. That is to say, it doesn't exist on its own right, it derives its existence from Consciousness, which is the nature of mind (and of all of existence).

So yes, if you are going to keep this mental chatter of "I am the only one that exist" within the mind, you will probably continue to feel depressed because now not only you are still identified with mind processes, you also believe that this mind is the only thing that exists in reality. This is both false and not a recommended belief to hold if you want to relate to life and others in a powerful and effective way. Remember, the feelings in the body will always reflect the content of the mind. 

All is mind

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

If meaning is the reason for existence, clearly the purpose of creation is to experience it. Before awakening, there is meaning because you still experience the cosmos. After awakening, meaning deepens because you experience the cosmos lucidly.

The unveiled absolute is undefined, beyond meaning.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

reading the op's message the problem of psychedelics manifests itself: conceptualization. So, suppose the op had a, shall we say, mystical experience. a temporary opening to the absolute. then the opening ends. then the op, again from the dual, relative and limited mind, elaborates a dual, relative and limited scheme of reality. and goes round and round about it, not realizing that doing this is completely meaningless. awakening is the opening, not the "content." the content is imaginary, the opening is real. all that about god, i'm alone, i'm creating this, since i'm bored, and i'm doing it for this, it's equivalent to reciting the quran in arabic, or reading the phone book. the question is: is there an opening, or is there a veil? if there is a veil, be perceptive enough not to take seriously what the mind recites in the slightest. better take a good version of the quran in ancient arabic, and recite it, or a rosary. the mind is only useful for one thing, to identify what closes, what is the obstacle, and thus overcome it. creating reality schemes is nonsense, because are lie, the truth is open and is now. If you can't see it now, don't try to construct it with lies, is stupid

Edited by Breakingthewall

You can enjoy a video game knowing that it has no meaning outside of the game, can’t you? You can enjoy interacting with the characters in the game.  Just have fun and enjoy the game.  Look around at your creation and marvel at the beauty and intelligence of it all.  Including the intelligence of the other characters.  It’s all you, but the other characters have intelligence, knowledge and creativity that your character does not, and so what difference does it make?  From the relative perspective, they might as well be real people. 

11 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

reading the op's message the problem of psychedelics manifests itself: conceptualization. So, suppose the op had a, shall we say, mystical experience. a temporary opening to the absolute. then the opening ends. then the op, again from the dual, relative and limited mind, elaborates a dual, relative and limited scheme of reality.

Came here to say this.

It's something so common on this forum lol

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

It's something so common on this forum lol

Yes, here It seems that this is the objective of spirituality: to have insights in order to later conceptualize them and create a new and better frame of mind. that doesn't make sense, you're still separated from yourself, suffering. Imo the idea is to use those insights to let go, to be without the need for a frame of mind. 

13 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

the mind is only useful for one thing, to identify what closes, what is the obstacle, and thus overcome it. creating reality schemes is nonsense, because are lie, the truth is open and is now. If you can't see it now, don't try to construct it with lies, is stupid

Yes. Projecting the properties of Absolute Infinite Reality on the small (and separate) self that re-appears after the trip/opening and which then  interprets the experience is, um, well.... Something like the mother of all pre-trans-fallacies (Concept of Ken Wilber).

On the other side, probably in this lovely place here, the most sophisticated version of that ever tried has been performed..

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things.

Selling Water by the River

35 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

On the other side, probably in this lovely place here, the most sophisticated version of that ever tried has been performed..

Yeah, seems so

3 hours ago, Water by the River said:

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things.

The prime directive of the evolved mind is to name. It's no longer enough for the creature to simply be. It seeks to differentiate itself in order to prove its superiority. The snake mistakes itself for another, and blindly consumes its own tail in the process.

When Adam was cast out of paradise, the first thing he did was to name all the birds and the beasts, dividing himself from them. He was harmonious in the garden, but became ensnared in the illusion of separation. Set apart, he was forced to live by the sweat of his brow. When this is realized, the underlying reason for suffering is seen, and the inner path to the nameless absolute unfolds.

Naming is judgment. It draws an imaginary line between the internal and the external, creating the appearance of control and resistance. It is the opposite of unconditional love.

The eternal Tao is nameless and undifferentiated. Heaven and earth flow from its imagination, creating a countless multitude of apparent beings, but the Tao remains seamless, changeless, and timeless. It is beyond the boundaries of judgment. Only the unnamed Tao is truly free.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

22 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

You can enjoy a video game knowing that it has no meaning outside of the game, can’t you? You can enjoy interacting with the characters in the game.  Just have fun and enjoy the game.  Look around at your creation and marvel at the beauty and intelligence of it all.  Including the intelligence of the other characters.  It’s all you, but the other characters have intelligence, knowledge and creativity that your character does not, and so what difference does it make?  From the relative perspective, they might as well be real people. 

Yep, it's just a virtual reality that is playing itself. Awakening is just the realization that you are playing yourself and your character is a very tiny piece in the whole virtual drama. Every moment is inevitable it's why regret and guilt are for those that are asleep.

The same way arm-wrestling with a baby has a clear result before you even try, every moment is decided the exact same way. Your character is either up for the challenge that is presented or it is not. It's as simple as that. So build your character, go out do what you do with no regret or shame because it couldn't have happened any other way. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86