Leo Gura

Understanding Russia & Putin

708 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'll never defend that Zelensky guy, I'm sorry. In my opinion, actors and entertainers shouldn't be politicians

i think i trust comedians more than politicians

have never seen ukraine comedy though

Just now, PurpleTree said:

i think i trust comedians more than politicians

have never seen ukraine comedy though

That's why you end up with Ukraine like situation. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just now, Preety_India said:

That's why you end up with Ukraine like situation. 

hows your home situation nows?

3 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

India is doing good. As long as America stays out, India will always do good. 

When America comes to town, it will be time to say, "Oh God." 

28 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Better than having good relations with US. 

Well, damn. Guess if India was getting its ass kicked in a war you wouldn't want US help then, interesting. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Ananta said:

Well, damn. Guess if India was getting its ass kicked in a war you wouldn't want US help then, interesting. 

US won't help anyways. One way or another. US is good at making promises to India, bad on delivering on those. 

India has had enough of the great American lie. 

9 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

The situation in India is much better than situation in Ukraine, don’t worry about them. India’s population grows at such a rate that by 2050 they’re projected to be the most dominant (quantitywise) race on Earth. Ukrainians, on the other hand, are about to lose whatever little piece of land that they had and eventually go extinct as a nation - half of Ukrainian population will probably lose their identity by getting assimilated with the West, another half will merge with the Russians.

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How much do you know about Putin's personal mental life?

I trust the PhD psychologists to be able to do the assessment “remotely”. Once again, the studies on psychopathy and narcissistic personality disorders are often done “remotely”, by studying the patterns of the “damage” caused by such individuals and studying the victims of the abuse. 

Once again, I would appreciate if you answered my question and not attack me with a question in response. How much do you know about cluster B personality disorders? If you don’t know much about those, how can you keep dismissing what I am saying? This is intellectual abuse. 

1 minute ago, K Ghoul said:

The situation in India is much better than situation in Ukraine, don’t worry about them. India’s population grows at such a rate that by 2050 they’re projected to be the most dominant (quantitywise) race on Earth. Ukrainians, on the other hand, are about to lose whatever little piece of land that they had and eventually go extinct as a nation - half of Ukrainian population will probably lose their identity by getting assimilated with the West, another half will merge with the Russians.

i was actually talking about something else but whatevs

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I'll never defend that Zelensky guy, I'm sorry. In my opinion, actors and entertainers shouldn't be politicians, I can't trust them enough with the responsibility of a nation which needs skill and political acumen. But this is just my personal opinion. As regards to Putin, he has been the leader of Russia for a long time, I never saw a public display of Russians hating or not wanting Putin. This tells me that he must have done good things for Russia in his tenure as a President. I don't know much about his past but if he was an inherently cruel man, wouldn't the world have known it somehow? He is ruthless about anyone opposing him but this is not cruelty, just dogmatism on his side. If most of his tenure was peaceful and helpful for the Russians, then I'm nobody to throw dirt on his character. 

That post is unbelievable (in a bad way). Everything you just said is turned 180 degrees away from the truth.

Jesus Christ.

Edited by Blackhawk

48 minutes ago, zurew said:

@hello1234 You can only use the information what you have on your table. Most people behave differently at home , compare to their public life. Most of the time real diagnosis doesn't happen without enough information, you don't see psychologists diagnosing randomly people remotely using only a handful amount of information. Would you be happy if we captured your most angry moments and we only showed those moments to a psychologist. What do you think their diagnostical outcome would be? It would be really distorted of course.

You are not just capturing putin’s most “angry moments”.

There are whole books on Hitler and his “case” is used in various psychological studies even though none of these psychologists sat him down in their office. Just as are cases on famous serial killers.

These are not your regular joe people, there is enough info from media, interviews, statements from people in their close environments, and their direct decisions and actions for a thorough psychological diagnosis.

Edited by hello1234

30 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

India has had enough of the great American lie. 

Guess I'll take your word for it, since I don't know much about India-US relations, but you seem PISSED. That's really too bad.

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

About half way through this short clip Oliver Stone tells Putin that he does not see how Ukraine joining NATO poses any threat to Russia. And Putin gives his response, which is illuminating:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

54 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Russia is creating enemies for decades and decades

Zelensky is a small guy who got played by big boys who used him in their interests. Politics is just business on a big scale, in order to play at that level one has to have a mentality suitable for that level. I noticed he’s no longer wearing a suit - playing a serious man doing serious politics with serious politicians in real life probably isn’t as fun as he thought it would be.

@hello1234 I have watched a lot of Putin interviews and speeches very carefully observing him. I have not see any signs of psychopathy.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

About half way through this short clip Oliver Stone tells Putin that he does not see how Ukraine joining NATO poses any threat to Russia. And Putin gives his response, which is illuminating:

That is very informative. I now understand more where Putin is coming from. 

Do you think that Obama, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders would've handled this situation better than Biden?

Edited by Hardkill

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

That is very informative. I didn't realize this.

Do you think that Obama, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders would've handled this situation better than Biden?

I don't think so. All these American leaders are on board with advancing US hegemony around the world. And if they weren't they would be seen as traitorous, as Trump was seen when he kissed Putin's ass.

You have to understand that US geopolitical strategy is not dictated by any one man. It comes from a very deep collective survival and group-think which permeates the entire US government and military defense complex. They are not even aware they are doing it. The American public votes for leaders who advance US hegemony because it aligns with American high standard of living.

The US is advancing its interests. As is Russia, and every other country.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't think so. All these American leaders are on board with advancing US hegemony around the world. And if they weren't they would be seen as traitorous, as Trump was seen when he kissed Putin's ass.

Hmm, I see your point. 

However, aren't Obama and Sanders are smart progressive leaders who have always been trying to promote true world peace and true global equality?

7 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Hmm, I see your point. 

However, aren't Obama and Sanders are smart progressive leaders who have always been trying to promote true world peace and true global equality?

But...

1) They have to get elected first. Sanders didn't get elected. Part of the reason why is because he's not as pro-American as many Americans would want. Many Americans want to vote for an "America first" president. Most Americans aren't conscious or selfless enough to care about "true global equality."

2) Obama admits in his exit interview when he left office that his agenda was overpowered by the Washington military industrial complex agenda. He ended up following them, rather than them following him. The tail is wagging the dog. The US President is not a dictator. The deep state will push a President towards US global hegemony even if he doesn't want it.

3) Even if someone like Sanders wants world peace, he will still have pro-American biases and a pro-American worldview. You have to appreciate how deep our biases run. They are hard to become conscious of. Is Sanders really able to see Russia's security agenda? I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@hello1234 I have watched a lot of Putin interviews and speeches very carefully observing him. I have not see any signs of psychopathy.

So all the PhD psychologists that see him as having a mental disorder are wrong, and you are right? How much do you know about personality disorders? 

You can watch his videos all you want, but what good is it if you don’t have the training and understanding of mental disorders? 

I invite you to review the definition of antisocial personality disorder and argue how putin is not demonstrating these traits:

“APD (Antisocial Personality Disorder) is a DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition), diagnosis assigned to individuals who habitually and pervasively disregard or violate the rights and considerations of others without remorse. People with Antisocial Personality Disorder may be habitual criminals, or engage in behavior which would be grounds for criminal arrest and prosecution, or they may engage in behaviors which skirt the edges of the law, or manipulate and hurt others in non-criminal ways which are widely regarded as unethical, immoral, irresponsible, or in violation of social norms and expectations. Those with APD often possess an impaired moral conscience and make decisions driven purely by their own desires without considering the needs or negative effects of their actions on others.  Impulsive and criminal behavior is common.  The terms psychopathy or sociopathy are also used, in some contexts synonymously, in others, sociopath is differentiated from a psychopath, in that a sociopathy is rooted in environmental causes, while psychopathy is genetically based. 

The term antisocial may be confusing to the lay public, as the more common definition outside of clinical usage is an individual who is a loner or socially isolated. The literal meaning of the word antisocial can be more descriptive to both the lay public and professionals.  To be anti-social is to be against society: against rules, norms, laws and acceptable behavior. Individuals with Antisocial Personality Disorder tend to be charismatic, attractive, and very good at obtaining sympathy from others; for example, describing themselves as the victim of injustice. Some studies suggest that the average intelligence of antisocials is higher than the norm. Antisocials possess a superficial charm, they can be thoughtful and cunning, and have an intuitive ability to rapidly observe and analyze others, determine their needs and preferences, and present it in a manner to facilitate manipulation and exploitation. They are able to harm and use other people in this manner, without remorse, guilt, shame or regret.  It is widely stated that antisocials are without empathy, however this can be disputed, as sadistic antisocials will use empathy to experience their victim's suffering, and derive a fuller pleasure from it (Turvey, 1995). This is depicted in the classic work A Cask of Amontillado by Poe, as the main character entombs another man alive “...then I heard the furious vibrations of the chain. The noise lasted for several minutes, during which, that I might hearken to it with the more satisfaction, I ceased my labours and sat down upon the bones.” (Poe, 1846 ). Some research also suggests that sociopaths and psychopaths do have degrees of empathy, but with an innate ability to switch it off at will. (Meffer, Gazzola, den Boer, Bartells, 2013). This connection to empathy may give hope to future successful treatment as it suggests individuals with APD may be trained.”

Edited by hello1234