PepperBlossoms

Spirituality Feels like a Trap

12 posts in this topic

It feels like chasing something that you won't ever really know the answer to.  You could come up with various theories for how reality is but there is no one to verify that you are right other than just whatever feels right and doing that it is like faith that, yes this is finally the right answer - but yet no - like oh this just appears to be the best I got but it isn't necessarily.

I am realizing the futility of the desire for wanting to get to a better understanding of things.

It is the same futility that goes with not knowing stuff, stuff being temporary, stuff being out of your control, not having access to all perspectives, futility of emotions, futility of politics, scientific theories, the futility in trying to win, futility of morality, futility of survival, etc.

Everything is futile and it is just like - meh well whatever.

@PepperBlossoms I like to consider the notion that there's nothing for me to do that I'm not already always effortlessly doing. 

The only thing I'm ever doing is 'being myself' and I never have to try to do it. I can't stop doing it. 

It's so easy. 

Where's the trap?

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

It's very simple, if you aren't seeing progression in any of your endeavors; branch out and put your efforts into something else. You can still keep this thing in the back of your mind to maybe come back later, but it's usually wise to not make yourself feel like you are beating a dead horse. I think most seekers have gone in cycles where they totally drop it, only to come back later, or maybe not come back at all. Which is all fine.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Yes it can feel like that, but when you realize the absolute and the ego/I-thought disappear, it changes everything. It's an incredible happiness, and you get an understanding of reality that feels very stable and absolute, but it cannot be put into words, it's beyond the mind and it feels perfect.

66v8za.jpg

I chased spirituality for more than 3 years and finally found my answers 

You have to put in the work, serious hard labor. 

It's not meant for people who aren't passionate or hard working enough. 

A Seeker finds. 

If you don't have spiritual passion or the grit to stick by, you won't make progress on the spiritual path. 

In Hinduism we call it "tapasya" or "parishram" which means "devoted hard work" 

672tit.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

26 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

It feels like chasing something that you won't ever really know the answer to.  You could come up with various theories for how reality is but there is no one to verify that you are right other than just whatever feels right and doing that it is like faith that, yes this is finally the right answer - but yet no - like oh this just appears to be the best I got but it isn't necessarily.

You can wake up.

When God awakens, God is woke.

Don’t fall into the trap of seeing everything as a trap ?

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization. 

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. It truly is the 'untrapping' once you're on the other side. Don't give up! But yes maybe take a break from it. Sometimes things don't go in a 'linear' fashion and come to you unexpectedly. ^_^

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@PepperBlossoms What you're experiencing is not uncommon for folk to go through. A dissatisfaction with the whole game. What's the point right? Fuck it. 

It happens. Sometimes its exactly what's needed. 

Edited by Spence94

I believe if you try hard enough you'll eventually get the answer. Watch Leo's videos on truth seeking and bias etc. and hopefully you'll eventually find true spirituality and become conscious of it and having no reason to question its authenticity.

16 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

I am realizing the futility of the desire for wanting to get to a better understanding of things.

It is the same futility that goes with not knowing stuff, stuff being temporary, stuff being out of your control, not having access to all perspectives, futility of emotions, futility of politics, scientific theories, the futility in trying to win, futility of morality, futility of survival, etc.

Everything is futile and it is just like - meh well whatever.

the you in the mirror that you speak of here has nothing to do with the real you ... spirituality is getting to the real you and then getting to the beyond you

of course it feels like a trap, god is not done with this dream or perhaps it is

It's a garbage pursuit. I'm just obsessed with it because once a SERIOUS DMT trip happens, you never come back. You'll always be wanting to understand that.