tsuki

By treating Russia as a pariah, we painted ourselves into a corner

279 posts in this topic

I'm really disappointed when I see people demonizing someone's actions without trying to understand. You would benefit greatly if you just took a few minutes to understand why someone is acting some way. Then it would make sense. But your obvious self bias blocks you from opening up your mind. You like to demonize, it's easier.  

I thought this forum gathers people with an open mind and holistic approach than what's portrayed here.

Edited by somegirl

7 minutes ago, somegirl said:

I'm really disappointed when I see people demonizing someone's actions without trying to understand. You would benefit greatly if you just took a few minutes to understand why someone is acting some way. Then it would make sense. But your obvious self bias blocks you from opening up your mind. You like to demonize, it's easier. 

I thought this forum gathers people with a more open mind than what's portrayed here.

Because people have empathy, most people they don’t try to justify terrorist acts that cross any kind of human rights. Did you try and justify 9/11 too? And go above “demonizing” the terrorists? Watch this some more:

Why are you not trying to understand the people that demonize him? Instead of judging them? You really think you figured out life at 20smth years old and are above everyone here to judge them? I personally think your lack of empathy is absolutely worrisome.

Edited by hello1234

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just because you don't think Ukraine joining NATO is a big problem doesn't mean it is that way from Russia's POV. It's not a problem for you because you live in the West.

@Leo Gura leo when you say things like this are you just playing games with yourself?

in your solipsism vid(if I understood correctly) you said that I’m imagining others experiences including suffering to make this dream more immersive.that includes the person whom you are replying to right?

when you say 

“It's not a problem for you because you live in the West.”

to whom are you talking to? Haven’t you imagined the person living in the west to whom the Ukraine nato situation isn’t a problem? Why bother trying to advice this person when he doesn’t have any experiences thoughts or feeling of his own?you are imagining all his opinions aren’t you?

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

ust because you don't think Ukraine joining NATO is a big problem doesn't mean it is that way from Russia's POV.

Isn’t it true that There is no person who thinks that “joining nato isn’t a big problem”.you have just imagined that someone is disagreeing with you .why are you talking to this imaginary character?

OR is the more accurate question

why am I imagining that YOU are talking to a imaginary character?

Are you playing games or am i the one who is playing games?

Edited by Ineedanswers

2 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

Because people have empathy, most people they don’t try to justify terrorist acts that cross any kind of human rights. Did you try and justify 9/11 too? And go above “demonizing” the terrorists?

Do you justify NATO's bombing of innocent civilians of Syria, Libya, Yugoslavia? (Even though it was illegal aka against international law). Or it's okay when NATO does it? 

13 minutes ago, somegirl said:

Do you justify NATO's bombing of innocent civilians of Syria, Libya, Yugoslavia? (Even though it was illegal aka against international law). Or it's okay when NATO does it? 

Don’t compare Ukraine to Syria and Libiya, Ukraine is a stable democratic country in Europe. Second of all this argument is ridiculous, so you are saying, just because “these things” happened in the past and people turned a “blind eye” why should we bother now? Do you not hear the “no empathy” alarms ringing? Do you not see how autistic this sounds? 

Edited by hello1234

2 minutes ago, somegirl said:

Violence is never okay. Its not okay now. It wasn't okay then. It won't be okay tomorrow. We are here now, not then or tomorrow. All we can deal with immediately in a crisis is what is in front of us. That's why responses often devolve to the immediate, rather than a larger perspective.

7 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

What about your POV, Leo? I sense a slight push from you to defend Russia's strategy .. this may be in an effort to get others see beyond biases in favor of the USA and their stronghold on geo-politics .. but wanted to be sure.

Putin is also a bully to a degree.

My view is that Ukraine should not fall under Russia occupation nor become a Russian puppet state.

But this also needs to be balanced against starting WW3.

8 hours ago, Spence94 said:

@Hardkill He doesn't fear a NATO invasion of Russia, that's what the 4500 nuclear warheads are for. He fears western global hegemony, politically, militarily, socially and economically.

This.

2 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Ukraine has a strong will to join Europe. I don't see them compromising on that point even if they get crushed. 

If that is their choice, then they might get crushed for it.

I won't ever underestimate how history shapes a people group.

Why the Poles the are way they are: history
Why the Russians are the way they are: history
Why the Germans are the way they are: history
Why the Afro-Americans are the way they are: history

etc. etc. etc.

You mean Survival Shapes Who You Are?

*cough, cough * ;)

1 hour ago, hello1234 said:

Putin doesn’t think it’s fair because he wants to rule the world.

He doesn't want to rule the world. He's not stupid. But he does want more balance in who runs the world. America's influence is overly dominant from his POV. Why should America have such disproportional influence and power? Especially in the East.

Do you not consider what russia is doing now with Ukraine a terrorist act? Holding Ukraine hostage, torturing it, to try and get its way?

No. I consider it a geo-politically strategic war, similar to Iraq.

@hello1234 Your thinking on this issue is clouded by your proximity to it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Preety_India said:

We need to be proud of Russians. They are aggressively protesting against war in Russia. Putin is detaining them. Yet Russians are coming out in full force against the supremacy of Putin. 

Good move Russia. They are finally waking up. Russians need to be empathized with. They are a strong intelligent people. 

Here's the video of Russian Protests. 

Russia needs to stay strong, they need to repeat Ukrainian Maydan basically:

@Leo Gura leo do you mind answering my solipsism question? Have i understood what you said in your solipsim video or?

Or if you dont want to answer it thats fine as well

Edited by Ineedanswers

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No. I consider it a geo-politically strategic war.

What exactly in this definition of terrorism is not met in the current situation? Or you’re trying to argue the definition of terrorism itself? 

Unlawful use of violence and intimidation: Bombing a neighbouring country (violence & intimidation) and threatening to use nukes (intimidation)

Especially against civilians (look up the death toll of children)

in the pursuit of political aims (wheeeeh Ukraine is not even a country wheeeh who does it think it is making its own decisions to integrate with europe wheeeh I must have it as a buffer wheeh because I am a shady shit and I think everyone else is too)

7D7716A3-4C53-45F2-AA6C-0F8A4D840F5E.jpeg

7054A7D3-716D-4244-B94C-852A20FE1BA1.jpeg

Edited by hello1234

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He doesn't want to rule the world. He's not stupid. But he does want more balance in who runs the world. America's influence is overly dominant from his POV. Why should America have such disproportional influence and power?

Why should russia have any more influence than it deserves? Why should it have equal amount of influence to the US? How did it earn this balance? 

For example, why should this:

F82F6847-1176-44FC-AD48-304EAA7D4EC7.jpeg

have an equal amount of influence to this:

885ADA74-3E10-409E-86F8-EEDBFB87983F.jpeg

Edited by hello1234

@hello1234 I'm not going to engage you any more because your mind is not open on this matter.

You are not interested in genuine understanding, you are here to defend a survival-based position.

25 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

Ukraine is a stable democratic country in Europe.

My argument is... So what? It's not okay to bomb civilians in Europe, nor in Asia, not anywhere. 

You seem to not have empathy for people who live in "undeveloped" countries. Why, those people hold less value? 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We don't engage in demonization on this forum.

I've never called Trump a mentally crazy psycho terrorist.

Yea but for example @Husseinisdoingfine is calling western countries and NATO, US terrorists all the time

some others too

Just now, PurpleTree said:

Yea but for example @Husseinisdoingfine is calling western countries and NATO, US terrorists all the time

some others too

This ^

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I'm not going to engage you any more because your mind is not open on this matter.

You are not interested in genuine understanding, you are here to defend a survival-based position.

Who are you not going to engage leo?havent you imagined @hello1234? Arent you imagining that hello1234 is not openminded and is defending a survival based position?according to your recent insight isnt it true that hello1234 has no experienes,thoughts of his own?(exactly like the characters in our night dreams). You said exactly this 2hrs 4mins and 30 secs into your solipsism video.if i have misunderstood somethimg i would genuinely love to know.im not trying to be facetious

If you are unwilling to answer the solipsism related question please say "stop" and ill stop asking

4 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

some others too

That is not right either.

4 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Because the United States is a global empire which killed its way to the top and was responsible for the deposition of so many Governments and the underdevelopment of so many countries via sanctions and embargos.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

43 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

Why should russia have any more influence than it deserves? Why should it have equal amount of influence to the US? How did it earn this balance? 

For example, why should this:

F82F6847-1176-44FC-AD48-304EAA7D4EC7.jpeg

have an equal amount of influence to this:

885ADA74-3E10-409E-86F8-EEDBFB87983F.jpeg

This post is blatant Russophobia/Racism.

America got to where it is through killing and stealing.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

1 hour ago, somegirl said:

it's easy to guess where you're from just by your posts

14 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Because the United States is a global empire which killed its way to the top and was responsible for the deposition of so many Governments and the underdevelopment of so many countries via sanctions and embargos.

it's fine imo but then it's also fine if hello123 does it imo, she's clearly in distress as her country is under attack

Edited by PurpleTree