preventingdiabetes

Do you live longer if you have a Life Purpose?

14 posts in this topic

Does having a Life Purpose improve your mental and physical health so much that you live longer? 

idk but having no purpose in life definitely doesn't make you live longer

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

No.

Your body and parasympathetic system is who keeps you alive. Yo cannot increase your longevity with an illusion that your ego wants to pursue.

A purpose will get you up from bed in the morning to keep moving but this has nothing to do with lifesfan.

A lazy guy with no purpose who take lot of antioxidants, healthy diet and a stress-free life will live longer than somebody who works past 70 yo.

Edited by Shawn Philips

1 hour ago, Shawn Philips said:

A purpose will get you up from bed in the morning to keep moving but this has nothing to do with lifesfan.

Agreed. A conscious life purpose should have very little association with low level survival demands.

Yes, the difference in stress, anger, and anguish if I was still working an office job that I hated probably wouldve given me hypertension and a full-on mental breakdown by now.

If you've never worked a job where you start breaking the time left until you leave down into # of minutes and seconds, you don't understand.

Hard to know this for certain. I suspect it does only because it tends to keep things like depression at bay, which can manifest into chronic health problems if not treated. But yes it can be overdone and cause too much stress/burnout too so I guess depends on the balance and approach. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Yes yes yes yes, as long as you take care of your health. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Being healthy, happy, social, and having purpose correlate with longevity

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

No.

Your body and parasympathetic system is who keeps you alive. Yo cannot increase your longevity with an illusion that your ego wants to pursue.

A lazy guy with no purpose who take lot of antioxidants, healthy diet and a stress-free life will live longer than somebody who works past 70 yo.

It literally does though. Once you give up on life then your subconscious starts to wish death upon yourself and you will find it soon enough thereafter.

It's common for old people to die of natural causes once they have no more purpose on this Earth, it happens to lifelong couples where one partner does of a disease and the other one follows suit mysteriously after. Also of old men that have nothing to live for.

There is more to life than the parasympathetic system, it is not the source of life force.

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

Without life purpose you are already dead.

With life purpose you just live, you don't care anymore if it's long or not! 

Find a life purpose and you will want to live thousand years for it.

9 minutes ago, Insane butterfly said:

Without life purpose you are already dead.

???

9 minutes ago, Insane butterfly said:

Find a life purpose and you will want to live thousand years for it.

I literally sometimes wonder if it's possible to continue my life purpose in my 'next life' rofl.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Yeah I could see that. I think health both physically and mentally can extend it. It just depends exactly how much stress of either of those things you're doing, which could actually make you live a shorter life.

Im pretty sure it does, not necessarily strictly the Life Purpose, but being engaged in life and excited nurtures you, it gives you Energy. People who are engaged in life and excited will stay younger. People with a Purpose will get better through a Crisis, have more resilience. These emotions and energys will have an impact on your whole system. I think there are many metrics there you could measure an positive impact by having a purpose vs. living a meaningless life.