Vynce

Request to Leo, to make blog post/video about Putin behavior in Ukraine.

348 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

I don't think Leo really understands, nor cares about geopolitics or international relations. It's all just bickering from his POV

We'll see. I think Leo cares about his viewers, seeing and grasping political structures. If the Ukraine situation won't deescalate soon, he will talk about it. 

I don't have any profound analysis of it. Obviously I condemn the invasion.

But I would still have given some deal to Putin where Ukraine does not join NATO unless he invades it. That could have prevented this. And if it hadn't, nothing would have been lost since he would break the deal.

Ukraine joining NATO is a provocational move. But that doesn't justify Putin's invasion.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Ukraine joining NATO is a provocational move. But that doesn't justify Putin's invasion.

When was Ukraine ever offered to join NATO? 

4 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

When was Ukraine ever offered to join NATO? 

Back in 2008 I believe. It is in the plans.

If Ukraine joins NATO, the US could position missiles 5 mins from Moscow. This is what Putin cannot stomach. The US does not need that much power. US is being over-protective in this case. You don't need to have a gun pointed at Putin's head.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Back in 2008 I believe. It is in the plans.

They said there might be an opportunity it will join - aka - “open door policy” 

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't have any profound analysis of it. Obviously I condemn the invasion.

But I would still have given some deal to Putin where Ukraine does not join NATO unless he invades it. That could have prevented this. And if it hadn't, nothing would have been lost since he would break the deal.

I actually disagree with this, Putin has gave bizarre justifications in a televised speech:

• A unproven “genocide” of Russians
  • ”De-Nazification”
  • Ukranian territory being rightfully Russian, until Lenin have it away

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

4 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Ukranian territory being rightfully Russian, until Lenin have it away

FBF1503C-2604-4535-9B0A-886D8F6C3043.jpeg

The claims that he made in his speech were such vicious manipulative lies, I don’t know how he came up with that.

Edited by hello1234

3 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

You seem to think that Putin acts from a rational place - which is what you assumed in your analysis from few weeks ago too. And it's not American propaganda - his circle is getting smaller and smaller, as he's getting more and more insane.

Insane? Lol, please.

He's rational. You're just not interested in his perspective because it doesn't fit your own.

5 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I actually disagree with this, Putin has gave bizarre justifications in a televised speech:

• A unproven “genocide” of Russians
  • ”De-Nazification”
  • Ukranian territory being rightfully Russian, until Lenin have it away

Of course he's gonna fluff up the justifications.

Realize that you needing Leo to give a take on every issue is the same problem that led to everyone freaking out about the solipsism video being taken down. You are way too attached. There are tons of political experts out there already giving their takes, you don't necessarily need your guru to give his to shape your worldview around it. Figure it out for yourself.

Like 30% of people on the forum @ Leo at the top of every post they make, or make an appeal for him to answer it specifically. There are hundreds of other people here who can answer you too.

7 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Realize that you needing Leo to give a take on every issue is the same problem that led to everyone freaking out about the solipsism video being taken down. You are way too attached. There are tons of political experts out there already giving their takes, you don't necessarily need your guru to give his to shape your worldview around it. Figure it out for yourself.

Like 30% of people on the forum @ Leo at the top of every post they make, or make an appeal for him to answer it specifically. There are hundreds of other people here who can answer you too.

Ye but we're generally all here because we trust Leo's opinion to a high extent.

I don't know the other people on the forum from adam.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

9 minutes ago, Yarco said:

totally agree

21 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

FBF1503C-2604-4535-9B0A-886D8F6C3043.jpeg

That image is nonsense, all it says is that Russia never settled in Moscow, it says nothing about the rest of Russia.

The history of the Russian people began in Kyiv, hence the name; Kievan Russ.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

This is the official discussion thread on this topic:

3 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

But hey, ok, as a thought experiment, I accept that, if Ukraine was to join NATO, US would install rockets - even though it's a pure speculation - unlike Russia actually invading neibhouring country. What motive would NATO (US) even have in doing that? Why would they EVER fire rockets at Russia - which btw, has the largest nuclear arsenal in the world? That would sound like a suicide to me.

I mean how would you feel if I set up a pistol pointing at your house from my court yard next door, while I told you not to worry because I would never ever fire it ?

There is a reason that's not legal and seen as aggressive/dangerous on a domestic level. Why would it not be seen in the same light internationally ?

@Leo Gura Your thoughts on Vaush saying that he does support a regime change in Russian, leadership (Putin) assassination, etc…?

1 minute ago, hello1234 said:

@Knowledge Hoarder don’t bother, he will never admit being wrong about anything and just keep gaslighting to maintain his original narrative.

How is what you're doing any different? This is a silly point to make when you're also unwilling to compromise even slightly on your position... lol

6 minutes ago, something_else said:

How is what you're doing any different? This is a silly point to make when you're also unwilling to compromise even slightly on your position... lol

What position? That putin’s silly excuses and paranoia are not a reason to start a war in my country? And that there’s no “BUT” to it? What Leo is saying is that putin is not justified to invade Ukraine, BUT… 

It’s kind of like in abusive relationships - “I am sorry for hitting you, BUT……” if there’s a “BUT” the “I’m sorry” doesn’t really mean anything.

Edited by hello1234